GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 11:25:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yale Daily News  (Read 41456 times)
poodlelover
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:25:12 am »

I love the people on the Yale Daily News! Their dynamic is so original. They have the funniest rapport and they seem to have known each other and worked together for many many long months! The scenes at the paper are my favorite! I hope they keep bringing these characters back. They could do a spin off show - the Yale Daily News!
The actors all seem genuinely into it and succeed in bringing out the "funny" in the writing. I especially like Bill and his yo-yo. He is the best background yo-yoer ever! He totally stole the scene when Rory was on the phone with the printers. I wasn't even listening to her - I was just watching him so intently trying to conquer that cat's cradle! They should put him in matching clothes, though. He's kinda sexy!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:04:35 pm by poodlelover » Logged
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:59:50 pm »

Yeah I like the Yale Daily News team too. I dunno about there own show but its cool to have a group like that on GG. We don't know too much about most of the characters which in some ways sucks but unfortunetly we aren't the writers. Otherwise I would give them all a little more of a role.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Tina
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

The Artist Formally Known as CaliforniaDreamin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:24 pm »

Heh, I adore all of the Yale Daily News scenes, partially because newspaper is my life. (Have definitly had strained press nights like that before...) They've got the dynamic down well; speaking from personal experience, nothing brings out the frustration and the tension like being in the newsroom frantically trying to fill up space a few hours before deadline. (psh, deadlines were meant to be broken.)

*Clachellina*
4CL/Gang Bang/SEAMCFtSoR/Lit Mafia

You can't take the sky from me

Reading is sexy.
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 12:40:36 am »

I love the yale daily news doyle is so funny and its even funnier when he gets together with paris who would have picked that right.  But seriously I have always watnted to be a journalist like rory I think thats why I love it so much

Oi with the poodles alreadly I love gilmore girls

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 07:38:59 pm »

Hi there.
I'm Devon Michaels, the actor who plays Bill at the paper.
Thought I'd check out these boards and see what people thought about the new Yale Daily News stuff.
Was happy to see this thread.  Thanks for the kind words.
If you have any other feedback, please let me know.  I'd love to hear it.
Very excited to be on this great show...
GGsCoffeeCup
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

binks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 12:22:10 pm »

Hi Devon!  It's wonderful you stopped by.  You're the yo-yo guy!
I, too, love the YDN scenes.  In fact, that was my favorite part of Friday Night's Alright for Fighting.
Keep up the good work and I hope we see more of you.

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 02:13:02 pm »

Welcome Bill:)  How cool to have an actual cast member on the boards.  Everyone will be awestruck) Grin

I do enjoy the diversity of the YDN.  I think they should develop the charectors more, which will most likely happen with Rory now El Duche of the Post.  However I think it'd be intersting if Logan hangs out there more often and possibly becomes jealous of the men there that have her undivided attention.   I think a jealous Logan would be entertaining...so BIll are you up for a love triangle?   Wink

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
BillsFriend
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 11:49:45 pm »

I think they should develop the charectors more, which will most likely happen with Rory now El Duche of the Post.

I think it will go that way, too.  This subplot could also follow Rory while she learns to become a good leader -- by making tons of mistakes first!  The possibilities...  Smiley
Mr.Shnicklefritz
Stars Hollow Tourist

Here's looking at you kid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 03:35:28 am »

That's an awesome idea! It's bugged me forever that Rory was sooo weak by just collapsing from one negative comment Pull yourself together girl!!!! I think it'd be awesome if she could go through some transforming experience and come out an editor...wow...the bright future within her grasp........ Cheesy

Love Everybody
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 11:49:10 am »

GGsCoffeeCup wrote:  Hi Devon!  It's wonderful you stopped by.  You're the yo-yo guy!
I, too, love the YDN scenes.  In fact, that was my favorite part of Friday Night's Alright for Fighting.
Keep up the good work and I hope we see more of you.

Thanks!

MasBYUgal wrote:  I think they should develop the charectors more, which will most likely happen with Rory now El Duche of the Post.  However I think it'd be intersting if Logan hangs out there more often and possibly becomes jealous of the men there that have her undivided attention.   I think a jealous Logan would be entertaining...so BIll are you up for a love triangle?

Absolutely.  Though they'd probably need to get me out of those sweater vests first.   Wink
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:36:31 pm by Bill-atYDN » Logged
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 12:00:34 pm »

Mr.Shnicklefritz wrote:  I think it will go that way, too.  This subplot could also follow Rory while she learns to become a good leader -- by making tons of mistakes first!  The possibilities...  I think it'd be awesome if she could go through some transforming experience and come out an editor...wow...the bright future within her grasp........

That makes a lot of sense.  I'd love to do a bunch of scenes where I'm sort of the John Spencer to her Martin Sheen (the Chief of Staff and the President on The West Wing -- until a year or two ago, that is).
Bill doesn't exactly have the likability to run the place.  But he's got the know-how and the work ethic.  So I could help groom Rory into the more grown-up leader she's likely to become.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:38:53 pm by Bill-atYDN » Logged
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 06:33:05 pm »

Bill/Devon :  As an insider I'm curious what the cast knows about the org and if they have any opinion about it? 

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 12:35:53 pm »

Bill/Devon :  As an insider I'm curious what the cast knows about the org and if they have any opinion about it? 

Well, I only found it myself by googling and looking around.  The next time I shoot (if they bring me in again that is -- you never know as a 'recurring'; only series regulars are a sure bet) I'll casually bring it up with Alexis and see.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 02:51:53 pm »

Nice.  I still thinks it's cool to have an insider on the cast.  Do you have to sign an agreement not to leak anythihng you know about current episodes?

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 02:58:31 pm »

Nice.  I still thinks it's cool to have an insider on the cast.  Do you have to sign an agreement not to leak anythihng you know about current episodes?

There's probably something about that in the fine print of my contract.  But I figure I'm safe if all I'm doing is chatting in general about stuff that's already aired.  The funny thing is, from what I can tell on these boards, most of the fans know more spoilers than I do anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: