GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 06, 2020, 10:41:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: TWOP Recapper Appreciation Thread  (Read 13655 times)
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 04:25:18 am »

I too am a TWoP fan, though only since after joining this forum (because this is where I heard about it).  So I haven't read any of the old ones, like the Season 1 finale that you all mentioned.

I think one nice thing about Al Lowe is that I don't think she's followed GG from the beginning (in her recap of Jess' recent return she mentioned something about not knowing him and having to read recaps to learn about him).  So she's not as disappointed by the slightly lesser quality of recent seasons that a lot of us here seem to notice.  I'm guessing Pamie maybe noticed the slightly lesser quality, and that might have been some of the reason of her bitterness near the end.

One of the cool things I like about reading the recaps (anyone's, really) is when their commentary shares one of my opinions too (only funnier).  Such as...

Quote from: 6.09 recap
["Appalling. In the real world, how that would work is that Wultz would have called Security on Rory after about the second day of stalking, and that Rory's unprofessional behaviour would totally obliterate the good impression Wultz had of her, and she would lose his great reference for her. I hope the employers of America file a class-action suit against the Palladinos for making every idiotic, inexperienced would-be employee think that 'I don't have a job for you' means 'you need to pester me about it a lot more and then one will magically create itself out of thin air.'" -- Wing Chun]

and

Quote from: 6.08 recap
Tillie insists that they just play the way the boys play, and Luke says that yeah, but boys are boys, and girls are girls. Oops. Way to go, Luke. The needle comes off the record, and they all turn to stare at him.

As he hangs up, we hear a cute little voice from the table recounting to cheers how "she went one way, and her knee went the other!" Yeah! Eat it, all you Title IX naysayers! In your face!

That's all for now Smiley

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
gilmorewannabe
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 12:38:45 pm »

I like Al's recaps, can't wait to read them every week.

Have you guys read any of the recent Charmed recaps....that recapper is BRUTAL!  Totally hates the show and all the characters.  It's kinda funny to read sometimes.

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS       I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS [/size]
Java Junkies Rule
Erin

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 06:42:21 pm »

Yeah, a lot of the recappers can be kind of brutal.  But I like it.  I had to revive this thread, since it was on the very last page. 

This is my favorite quote from the recap for "Just Like Gwen and Gavin":

In a snow-covered park...somewhere...Luke meets up with April. He's awkward about it, which I think we are supposed to find charming, but I cannot stand this whole concept, so I don't. What I DO find charming is the actress who plays April, and the character of April, herself -- but I am telling you, Palladinos, we have seen this kid before and her name was Season 1-4 Rory and unless you're going to twist this plot around to make it to where Lorelai somehow impregnated Anna, I am not going for this mess at all.

All I can say about that is, "WORD, Al Lowe!" 

Erin

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2006, 09:40:24 pm »

Pretty sure the following is my favorite quote EVER from TWOP.  Al Lowe rocks.

Sometimes Luke is written too stupid, and I hate it. The interaction between them in this scene is so awkward and gross. WHY does Lorelai not punch him in the neck? Where is the neck punching? The nuts kicking? Where? Whatever, she loves him, I get that. But this whole sensitive-macho-man thing where he has to "take time" to figure out "where he is" in his "life" because he's "overwhelmed" is just so...offensive. I loathe it. And I loathe the way Lorelai is acting like she's this little girl and someone just walked in and stole her candy. If they're so in love that they want to marry each other, can't Luke just say to April, who swooped in out of nowhere, "This is my fiancée. We're getting married this summer. You'll be invited." I mean, the kid allegedly doesn't even really care that she has a dad, right? Haven't they beat us down with that? So, what's with all the gnashing about how Luke needs to try to figure out how to be a father and figuring that out is going to be such a process that he has to postpone his wedding to the woman whose bed he is still going to sleep in every night? Why is it that television loves to make us think that every bump in the road requires months on end of nebulous, undefined "time to work things out"? I know life is hard and that time heals all wounds and all that, but if Luke's going to take all this time, he needs to lay out a damn plan or something. If I were Lorelai, his mouth would be so full of curb, he'd be picking gravel out of his teeth for weeks until he could figure out how to get his ass in hand and come crawling back.

Seriously, that is sheer genius!

~*emily*~
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 05:33:04 pm »

this is kind of how i felt about logan, and i think it's funny-

"In their apartment, Rory and Logan are preparing to head out to his graduation ceremony and are being -- DARE I SAY IT? -- impossibly cute. Truly, when I fall in love with these two, we should abandon all hope. I have never been one to totally hate Rory; she's just too darn pretty for me to really snub (though she sure very much needed to shut up this season), but...Logan? Charming me? Cats and dogs are living together in peace. Lions are laying down with lambs. Camels are going through eyes of needles, etc. Pretend it's opposite day and hold your breath, because I am about to call them cute again."

i tink logan is more mature and in a better relationship with rory, but i still can't get ovr the bridesmaids thing.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: