6.21 - Driving Miss Gilmore
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 06:08:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115422 Members
Latest Member: DCockeril

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.21 - Driving Miss Gilmore
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: 6.21 - Driving Miss Gilmore  (Read 39710 times)
laya-05
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

There was a moment.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 06:51:55 pm »

1 hour!  Undecided

i want to see it, yes, but i dont want to face reality.

Now that I've worn out, I've worn out the world
I'm on my knees in fascination
Looking through the night
And the moon's never seen me before,
But I'm reflecting light

---

Hit me with a season 8, baby.
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 07:12:09 pm »

I am sad  Sad Cry. This episode was good, but I know what is coming. Luke saying he needs to know what the other partner is feeling, he has no idea what he is talking about. HELLO, Lor does not want to see you!! Sometimes I think is real stupid. I am getting so sick of this! I was so happy that Emily and Richard bought her that beautiful house. And her mom didn't say, how did you ruin it this time. Rory was not in this episode a lot and I think that she was overreacting about the newspaper, it was a bad storyline. Sookie and Jackson was great, it really balenced out that saddness. I feel so trerrible for her. Sigh.... I want next week episode now!!

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 07:14:22 pm »

Emily was a wonderful mother in this episode. †She can be surprising, can't she? †Although, I'm a little concerned about her bringing up Christopher so often. †That's never a good sign with the season finale coming.

Poor Lorelai, I don't think she knows what to do. †She just feels Luke isn't "all in" anymore. †

Funniest people in this epi: †Paris and Doyle! †Their hard-line recuperation regime kept the Rory / Logan scenes from dragging. †Paris is always a scene stealer.

I don't think Luke knows what's going on in Lorelai's head. †He seems to think everything is o.k. †This is perplexing, he ALWAYS was the person who understood Lorelai the most. †Saddness.

It was a good episode and I liked it, but I thought the previous two were better.

Oh, the Friday night dinner scene was very good. †Kind of like old times.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:23:15 pm by wmushell » Logged

StarsHollowQueen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 07:18:05 pm »

Yes I agree that this episode was very sad. BUT don't you all remember that Luke and Lorelai have been through sooooo much! They have been through so many stupid things and they have always gotten through it: Lukes daughter coming along, her parents interfering with their relationship, Christophers little drunk episode, Lorelai not being honest. And they have gotten through it all! I am faithful that this episode will not lead up to them breaking up. It will just be another trial that they have to get through.

LUKE AND LORELAI BELONG TOGETHER!!! She is not going to fall in love with Christopher. That would just suck!
Milolover2
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

because it is what it is...you...me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 07:24:30 pm »

This epsiode was really good. Really Funny too. But also really really sad. ahh poor lorelai.....

First of all.....this is bothering me..Does Rory's hair look shorter and not so red? Or is my mind playing games with me?

anyways...heres my breakdown:

Rory/Logan: okay so i have never really been a fan of Logan. I find him to be many unpleasant things I wont get into right now....but damn! he looked really hott in this episode. I dont know if its the bit of scruff or what....I never felt attracted to his character before....I dont know If I like it or find it disturbing...Rory treating him like he was going to fall to piecesar any second was kinda annoying me but I suppose it was sweet. Rory and the whole newspaper-mitchum huntzberger thing....seemed really odd and kinda like they just put a story together to fill time....However the Paris and Doyle scene had me laughing so hard....Here Come the Penguins!!! haha

Sookie/Jackson: ahahah WEED! too funny. Trying to act all secertive about it.... then Jackson runs into the table at the Dragonfly....lol And running around town looking for a place to stash it...too funny

Liz: I was pissed in the beginning when I thought TJ left her...man thats just ignorant. But I understand why she pushed him away. Being a mom is hard and since she had it so hard with Jess she probably thinks shes going to screw up again.....and she took it out on TJ. Im excited she is having a baby...Jess with a baby bro or sis? Will it give him incentive to come back to us!!!!! Huh

Emily/Richard: I think it was so sweet they were going to buy them that adorable house. I fiugured it was for Lorelai and Luke becauseI couldnt see them moving to Stars Hollow. It was such a sweet gesture and one of the few times you see the good side of Emily Gilmore. I sensed sincerity when Lorelai broke down from Emily....and that doesnt happen too often....

So Christopher...very popular guy this episode.....Im glad someone likes his short hair

Lorelai and Luke:

I found it ironic that Luke was giving TJ relationship advice that he himself should listen to!† Saying one thing and meaning another - Luke needs to remember that when he listens to Lorelai, though I'm sure such an outspoken woman will soon say everything clearly.†

Thats exactly what I was thinking....Im like Luke you big Lug-head listen to your own damn advice and maybe your girlfriend wouldnt be on the verge of breaking up with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luke is seriously pissing me off. I mean I love him alot and him and Lor so belong together but enough is enough he needs to wake up, smell the coffee and realize something is going on between him and Lorelai....And Lorelai....I love her too and I always loved about her that she spoke her mind and how she felt and I dont like that she isnt doing that now!!!! †It was so depressing to see her all upset looking at that beautiful house...Personally I think they both contribute to this awkardness between them and I Im scared for whats going to happen next!!! †Ugh I cant talk about it anymore Im too stressed...I contuine later....

I liked the episode. I am sad next week is the season Finale ( did ya see the previews...oh lord!) What am I going to do all summer without fresh gilmore girls...(probably sit and stress about Luke and Lorelai....god I have way too much of me invested in this show!!!)

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
JESS: I love you.

" It's not necessarily about the way someone looks. It's what's going on within a person's heart and mind."--Milo Ventimiglia
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 07:27:05 pm »

Okay the top billing for this episode goes somewhere between the Paris/Logan/Doyle march of the penguins moment OR Michel trying to squeeze his workout into the job. †So funny!

Emily's the best, and some great acting. †I didn't know the name of the episode, but I was guessing it'd be Driving Miss Daisy Gilmroe, so it's perfect. †When I first heard the Gilmore's were house hunting in SH, I thought it was for Lorelai and Luke, but I was beginning to falter. †It so neat that Emily & Richard have accepted the Luke/Lorelai relationship! †However Lorelai hasn't. †When EMily mentioned Chris and finding a girl for him it was so obvious that Lore was a bit jealous. †She still has feelings for him and at this point I really don't think Luke deserves her. †Luke needs to listen to his own advice.

Dani, I like the troubador, but I completely agree with your coments. †In the past he has been used to advance a story line - like the "This is Hell"song when Jess discovers SH. †However the past couple of episodes there have been gratitious scenes with him and thousands of no name extras, and it hasn't made a difference in the plot or not. †I mean at least have Gypsy or Miss Patty walk by...but they might be too expensive for a small scene like that.

Logan/Rory: †So cute. †It's great to see her take care of him and he was the best listening to her rant about his father. †I think Rory overreacted to a point, yet knowing the history btwn them it makes sense. It is possible this is his way of sort of excepting her in the family and maybe a way to apologize to her. †Who knows....maybe for political reasons he knows that if she does succed in her line of work he could be burnt toast in the future.

I loved the 'weed' subplot, it was classic SH! †Jackson told them 'to weed' the half acre and that's what they did, they planted WEED in the half acre. †Nice play on words. †I was kind of hoping they wouldn't have been thinking and decided to burn the evidence in the backyard. †What shocked me was I expected Taylor to be on the trail Inspector Clausou type and we'd see him tracking them every minute-- that would have rocked. Oh well.

All and All great episode, I actually want to re-watch it. †It's been a couple of weeks since I've wanted to re-wind and watch the episode all over again. †

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
lukelorelaifanatic
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 07:33:11 pm »

I loved this episode, but I am going to have to add it to my episodes, I cried in list. I ahve a completely new respect for Emily, but I don't exactly know who to fault for the whole Luke Lorelai thing. It feels as though Lorelai is going to give up and Luke isn't following his own advice, Anna is being too jealous(Yes I know that she was not mentioned in this episode, but I am just talking about anything that might lead to something), April is just there, although that is not exactly her fault. I really want the flame reignited with Luke and Lorelai. Emily is sort of seeing that this is going to be okay with Luke and Lorelai as long as neither craps out. The whole Troubadour thing was stupid. I think his acting was really bad and he should just stick to singing in another town of course. The ending was hilarious and so was the entire marijuana thing and the 2% thing. I can't say much more because I saw the Promos and I don't want to spoil anything.

They are so meant to be, I mean just look.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »

So Christopher...very popular guy this episode.....Im glad someone likes his short hair

Ah, that reminds me.  Now it's clear why Emily needed glasses and wanted the surgery.  She's obviously as blind as a bat.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 07:38:20 pm »

Yeah, lukelorelaifanatic, I cried in this one too. †It's just killing me seeing Lorelai all distraught and Luke all clueless and neither of them really communicating. †And Emily putting her hand on her shoulder--major tears shed! †That was such a great scene. †I think some of my all-time favorite scenes are ones between Lorelai and Emily because they're both so top-notch.

I agree about the troubador. †Could they find no other way to fill up the time? †

And Dani, I feel you on the TJ thing. †I was thinking, "Aww, he's so sweet." And then I thought, "I never thought I'd think that about TJ. †Oh gosh." †Cheesy

Oh, and the Christopher thing.  They're so clearly setting something up.  I don't know what, but it's something.

Canuck
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:24 pm »

My favourite lines/moments:

• 'People will picket!'
  • 'You know you would've told Nicole Kidman ... kiss my tush!'
  • 'I told them to weed the back half acre!'
  • 'They listen to the Allman Brothers!'
  • 'Boning up. No pun intended.'
  • 'To HELL I hope.'
  • '...makes them look like a convinct or a masseuse.'

Then when Emily said she would hate to live in the country with neighbours coming by with a pie all the time: 'I'd kill myself; and all my neighbours'. LOL! So would I!  Cheesy

The Rory/Logan storyline was pretty boring. As was the 'Lukes sister is pregnant' one.
The marijuana storyline, however: LOL!!!!† One of the best last lines in the history of the show:

'What's that smell?'
'68 pounds of marijuana'.

x
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:21:37 pm by Canuck » Logged

'I am having a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt. WHO would like a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt?
Roxygirl27
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 08:10:01 pm »

OMG when Lorelai said the wedding wasn't going to happen i burst out crying. It was so sad. i feel so sry for her. And when luke was saying all that stuff to TJ , he should have been listening to himself.it should have clicked in sometime that he needs to listen to Lorelai and watch what her actions were.And work all these things out with the two of them, and the way she sounded when she said she wouldn't see him he should have noticed there was something weird about that.
 While i was crying over the Lorelai and Emily thing about not getting married and emily put her hand on her shoulder i was trying not to laugh about Sookie and Jackson with the pot(do not no how to spell the other word)so at the same time i was crying and laughing it was a weird mix.

violachick
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 08:14:35 pm »

I enjoyed this episode. †The scenes between Lorelei and Emily were so good, but I wanted to scream at Luke when he was giving "advice" to TJ--the same advice that he hasn't been following. †I'm looking forward to next week and seeing how it all turns out.  Oh yeah, totally loved the panic on Sookie and Jackson's faces.

KiraApril
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 08:21:55 pm »

Well, I'm looking to you guys to be my lifeline here.  At exactly 7:22 pm someone decided to back into a pole containing cable conduits (they are fine, the pole - not so much).... and I had to go officially Gilmore-less after waiting ALL DAY for this episode.

I've been ranting and raving so much, my dog is now hiding under the bed.  lol

Please be as detailed as possible.... please?
Ace_reporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Order of the LDB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 08:38:53 pm »

Logan/Rory: I thought that Rory was a bit overprotective about Logan... I mean, he is getting better so letting him stretch once in a while is a good thing. I've always been a Rogan fan so I'm hoping the promo for the season finale isn't what it looks like, because to me it looks like Logan is leaving...

Luke/Liz/TJ: I thought it was really sweet of Luke, when he went all big-brother mode and tried to beat up TJ when he thought that TJ left Liz. And the advice he gave him just like everyone said, made me upset because he's not listening to his own advice!

Lorelai/Emily: I can't believe that Emily and Richard were actually in Stars Hollow trying to buy Lorelai and Luke a house. That must have been the most thoughtful thing, they've done this season for Lorelai... but then with Emily bringing up Christopher's name up so many times during the car ride made me a bit suspicious. I can't honestly say what pairing, I'm rooting for, (for Lorelai) so I'm just hoping everything turns out okay.

" People can live a hundred years without really living a minute..you climb up there with me thats one less minute you havenít lived.."† - Logan
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 08:53:29 pm »

I enjoyed this episode. †The scenes between Lorelei and Emily were so good, but I wanted to scream at Luke when he was giving "advice" to TJ--the same advice that he hasn't been following. †I'm looking forward to next week and seeing how it all turns out.† Oh yeah, totally loved the panic on Sookie and Jackson's faces.
I did scream!!  Angry Come on Luke, what is wrong with you!!
I loved Paris and Doyal so much, there such a good couple. The covering there eyes when the peguins were dying. LOL! I just thought of that!

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: