6.21 - Driving Miss Gilmore
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 08:04:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118723 Members
Latest Member: MOppen

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.21 - Driving Miss Gilmore
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: 6.21 - Driving Miss Gilmore  (Read 39903 times)
Milolover2
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

because it is what it is...you...me

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:59:10 am »

Driving Miss Gilmore:

Logan comes home from the hospital and is cared for by an overprotective Rory; Emily has LASIK eye surgery, so Lorelai has to serve as her chauffeur; Jackson discovers that former employees planted marijuana in one of his fields, and he and Sookie try to dispose of it.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 06:08:07 pm by Heidi » Logged

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
JESS: I love you.

" It's not necessarily about the way someone looks. It's what's going on within a person's heart and mind."--Milo Ventimiglia
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:53:08 pm »

10 minutes to the next episode...

And I'm all ready for it, wearing my GilmoreGirls.org T-shirt!!!  Anyone else?

See you back here when it's over Smiley

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
BeautifulSoul09
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 04:57:16 pm »

I'm sittin here anxiously awaiting for it to start!! Five minutes!! WOOH! I don't have a gg.org shirt tho!! I need to get one!!
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 06:03:18 pm »

This episode was real sad. I can't believe Lorelai is going to break-up with Luke! I mean, they were perfect for each other and he didn't doing anything wrong! But, I think that she doesn't feel the 'vibe' between them anymore.

The part of Suki and Jackson was funny. They were trying to hide the weed!

There wasn't enough Rory time, though.

Poor Luke! =[

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
gilmoregirlfan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

100% Canadian Gilmore Fan!~

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 06:05:25 pm »

i liked this epi, wasnt great but it was really funny. I loved seeing Sookie and Jackson, i like it when those 2 are together! I cantb elieve that emily bought Lorelai and Luke a house!!! I'm really not feeling the vibe anymore with L&L..

**“Rory, darling, love of my life, you realize you’ve completely cut us off from Luke’s, where the happy coffee is?” - Lorelai**
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 06:07:04 pm »

Aughh!  It makes me sooo sad how Lorelai is this season.  Luke should take his own advice but he just doesn't see any problems bc Lore won't say anything.  It is very frustrating. Angry
Catie13
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 06:07:21 pm »

It was an amazing episode, and I love how Lorelai finally admits how she feels about Luke.

Classic Moment:
after a minute of silence
Lorelai: ... What's that smell?
Sookie: -shrugs- 68 pounds of marijuana.
Lorelai nods and the episode ends.

Now I'm nervous and excited about the season finale of Gilmore Girls. Have you noticed that they've been pushing Rory back alot lately? She was barely in this episode, and every spoiler we've heard is about Lorelai.
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 06:19:34 pm »

LOL! 68 pounds of marijuana! they're so dumb.. they shoulda just stashed it somewhere and smoked it after Wink

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
Stan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 06:21:02 pm »

Ugh. Starting to really not like Luke... He has a great thing going and he is totally neglecting it.
BeautifulSoul09
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 06:23:20 pm »

Yes yes. I agree very very good episode. I loved the moment of silence, then the "whats that smell" part at the end ...ahh good good. It was soo sweet that they bought Lorelai a house!! I agree though, Luke/Lor just are falling apart and i truely am just beginning to not be as excited about them as before.

Now I'm nervous and excited about the season finale of Gilmore Girls. Have you noticed that they've been pushing Rory back alot lately? She was barely in this episode, and every spoiler we've heard is about Lorelai.

I agree. Every spoiler has been about Lorelai and they have been cutting the Rory scenes lately. I think that's because she's going to be a major part of the finale. I also think that its so big that no one is allowed to talk about it from the cast and crew and that is why we havent heard anything spoiler wise.

But overall...this was a good, funny episode. Lately, it seems as tho the episodes feel shorter to me!! They go by so fast!! Wahh i need my season five disk set back from my friend!!
*colleen*
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:23:25 pm »

ok i watched the new gilmore girls tonight 5/2/06 and now i'm all depresed and i saw the preview for next weeks and that made it worse has any one seen the season final if sooo e-mail me and spoil it plz
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 06:25:09 pm »

Hmm, is this the first episode that both Palladinos wrote together?  Some nice stuff, some annoying.

First, lets get the troubador out of the way.  That scene where he's standing there singing is a prime example of why I hate him.  Did one actual character walk past?  Did anything happen?  No, just stupid troubador taking up too much time (and yes, that amount was too much).

The whole marijuana thing was pointless and I didn't find it funny.

I knew Liz was pregnant, but EPG did fool me into thinking Luke would be mad.  And, while I normally think TJ is an idiot (okay, he's still an idiot) I did think he was sweet and caring.  Oh, dear.  I can't believe I said that about TJ.

Hmm, back to passive aggressive Lorelai, faking mandatory meetings to get out of talking to Luke?  But, oh my goodness, can you believe it?  Concern from Emily?!  And, I knew they weren't looking for a house in Stars Hollow for themselves.  Forget how cool and wacky it would be, it would be out of character.  She didn't talk down about Luke, she took Lorelai's love of Stars Hollow into account by telling her the house was just outside, and even how to get a Stars Hollow address, complimented her current house.  And, when Lorelai said the marriage wouldn't happen, no Emily style laying of blame, no shrieking like it was her problem, just a hand on the shoulder for sympathy.

I liked the Rory and Logan scenes.  Okay, slightly annoyed by Rory questioning the knowledge of the doctor.  Residual from Rory: Everyone's Favorite Convict, and Rory: Super Editor Extraordinaire.  But, it was nice to see her so concerned, and Logan so appreciative.  Them exiting the hospital was nice, with Rory hovering and Logan feeling annoyed, but keeping it in check and thanking her.  And, I thought he handled her freak out over the quote from Mitchum well.  First, letting her rant, and then putting it into perspective.  After all, he's right.  No matter what impression he gave, it doesn't make her look bad.

Lorelai is 38.  They've only done one birthday episode for her, so I like to hear it straight out.

That's about all I have now.  

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
jinglesosborne
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 06:30:49 pm »

What a fabulous episode!  Finally some laughter that didn't feel forced, but made GG feel like its old self again.  Just loved the marijuana subplot, and the repartee between Emily and Lorelai, which is usually good for a few great one-liners.  Even though there's trouble on the horizon for Luke and Lorelai, it felt great to have some comic relief, especially at the end, when Lorelai is so clearly saddened by her relationship with Luke.  Even Michel's aerobics to compensate for his 2% milk binging was a hoot.

I found it ironic that Luke was giving TJ relationship advice that he himself should listen to!  Saying one thing and meaning another - Luke needs to remember that when he listens to Lorelai, though I'm sure such an outspoken woman will soon say everything clearly. 

That house Emily found for Lorelai is just beautiful.  I think she's right.  Though Lorelai's house is nice, I think Luke and Lorelai need their own place, because otherwise, it will always be Lorelai's house and he will just be a guest.  Plus, now that we know of Rory, April, Paul Anka, and any other additions that may come depending on the writers, they will need a roomier house and maybe one with a better kitchen for Luke.  I was sorry I couldn't see Emily's expression better when Lorelai was pouring out her soul to her mother - those darn Jackie O glasses obscured her expression too much.

In this episode, I found myself starting to like Logan again.  If he stops cheating I think he'll make a great catch, perhaps even for Rory.  He just seemed warmer, and not his cocky self, which a fall off a cliff will do to a person, I guess.

In all, I really liked the episode and didn't find anything particularly jarring about it, even though I clearly don't want Lorelai to break it off with Luke.  Here's to hoping the season finale leaves us with a smidgen of hope, otherwise, this cat's going to have a long summer.

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mother’s wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish she’d give it back.
GGOO
Diner Owner

Community Points: 95

Everyone has a thinglet

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 06:36:02 pm »

Wow, I'm definetly depressed about this episode. A week is way too long to find out what is going to happen now. Luke and Lor have better stay together.... I hope something happens so that she'll change her mind abotu dumping him. They are too perfect for eachother and if they break up they just will never be happy. Lor's Mom was so awsome to want to get them that house! What a nice thing to do!!! That's a nice thing for anyone to do.... it's a miracle for her to want to do that! Anyways.... I'm going to be dark and depressed for the next week now....   Cry

-Bess Smiley
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 06:51:00 pm »

Hi *colleen*  and welcome to the board. I realize you are new and probably excited to be posting but we have an episode discussion thread for Driving Miss Gilmore, where you can discuss your thoughts.  There is also a spoiler board.  This thread will most liekyl be closed because it is kind of a duplicate.

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: