6.19 - I Get a Sidekick Out of You
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 10:34:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122398 Members
Latest Member: ABroadnax

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.19 - I Get a Sidekick Out of You
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: 6.19 - I Get a Sidekick Out of You  (Read 43369 times)
Aisling
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2006, 03:53:04 pm »

Yes, Lorelai has been consistently sad and depressed about her relationship with Luke for quite a few episodes indeed. However, I still see a diferrence between "sad and depressed" and "hopeless loser"...   

*Spree*

EMILY: My first trip to Europe, I went to Paris and stayed at the Ritz.
LORELAI: Well, I tell you what, if itíll make you happy, weíll go to Paris and eat out of their dumpster.
jjeanie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2006, 05:53:56 am »

I just have to say poor lorelai... she's certainly having a rough time at the moment.
I definately dont condone excessive alcohol drinking --- especially when already in a sad mood... cause embarrasing stuff like that often occurs... Embarrassed
mb that was a little side moral thing to the episode.

I cant believe Luke wasn't at Lane's wedding... I mean Lane worked at the diner!  She's been Rory's best friend since Season 1.. and Luke's been close to Rory and Lorelai for like...forever! How do you miss something as big as a Wedding!  In addition to this, he's just recently delayed his and Lorelai's wedding to a not yet known date, and Lorelai is going to a wedding, of her daughter's friend.....'unchaperoned'.  She must feel so neglected
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2006, 01:21:31 pm »

Lorelai is going to a wedding, of her daughter's friend.....'unchaperoned'.† She must feel so neglected

Yes, and that's why I think there was supposed to be some deeper meaning to her passing comment about "Even when I have a man I don't have a man."  I don't think it applies to just that one event.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2006, 02:27:54 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been discussed. But when Rory is showing Lorelai the pictures of Philidelphia... they start talking about Jess and Rory tells Lorelai that her and Jess didn't do anything. Why would she lie about it to Lorelai? She'll probably find out eventually anyways.

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
Lit/Java911
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2006, 01:07:27 pm »

Okay so i listened to the clip of Lorelai's drunken speech and i got the transcript of what she said in case any one was wondering

Hello everybody, hello.  Some of you may know me as Lorelai Gilmore, some of you know me as Cher, but either way I wanted to say a few words about our girl. I have known lane forever and I am just so incredibly happy that she has gotten married. I mean, I am just so happy that this adorable, 22 year old girl, has gotten married. Because its amazing, you know, its really hard to get married. Believe me I should know, I mean seriously lane is married and next its going to be my daughter and then my granddaughter. But not me, no Iím not getting married. No it ainít for me, its not in the cards. Hey do you know what date im not getting married?... June 3rd. Do not save the date. Do you hear me? Do whatever u want on June 3rd because nothing at all happening on that day. If thereís anything u need to book, its totally safe to book it on June 3. So congratulations Lane and Zack. Who else here had 8 shots of tequila? Hands... No?  Oh my gosh! Who misses the yummy bartenders? I know, me too, they were so great. I was going to ask them to not work on June 3rd, on my not wedding. I just thought that would be so fun. 

so there you go if anyone actually wanted to know

Literati 4 Life
Kitty
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2006, 01:20:41 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been discussed. But when Rory is showing Lorelai the pictures of Philidelphia... they start talking about Jess and Rory tells Lorelai that her and Jess didn't do anything. Why would she lie about it to Lorelai? She'll probably find out eventually anyways.
Maybe because she really didnt do anything(besides allow a kiss).   Rory wanted to cheat on Logan, but found she couldnt, and felt badly that she had almost used Jess to do so.   It ended up being an innocent encounter with Jess...so I dont think she was lying when she told her mom they did nothing.  IMO

RORY: Mom?
LORELAI: Follow the Post-It's.
RORY: Does our life seem at all ridiculous to you?
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2006, 01:35:32 pm »

Even if you're opinion is Rory did something, exactly how is Lorelai going to find out?  Rory doesn't seem to want to say anything about it, and I doubt Jess is going to make a trip to see Lorelai and tell her.  And, they are the only two that know what happened.  So, who's going to say anything?

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2006, 08:15:28 pm »

Who knows.. maybe it might slip out? What if Milo guest stars again and something happens and Rory tells Lorelai. It's not impossible.

Kitty
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2006, 09:14:51 pm »

And if Lorelai finds out that a kiss took place....it matters how?  I mean it seems that she'd be more concerned about if Logan heard-than Lorelai...and even then-Logan would have a hard time really holding a kiss against Rory after what he did. 

eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2006, 02:57:44 pm »

And if Lorelai finds out that a kiss took place....it matters how?

I didnt say it was supposed to matter. But Rory usually tells/talks to Lorelai about these things. I just wanted to see what she would say, thats all.

GGOO
Diner Owner

Community Points: 95

Everyone has a thinglet

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2006, 03:54:14 pm »

Okay so i listened to the clip of Lorelai's drunken speech and i got the transcript of what she said in case any one was wondering

Hello everybody, hello.  Some of you may know me as Lorelai Gilmore, some of you know me as Cher, but either way I wanted to say a few words about our girl. I have known lane forever and I am just so incredibly happy that she has gotten married. I mean, I am just so happy that this adorable, 22 year old girl, has gotten married. Because its amazing, you know, its really hard to get married. Believe me I should know, I mean seriously lane is married and next its going to be my daughter and then my granddaughter. But not me, no Iím not getting married. No it ainít for me, its not in the cards. Hey do you know what date im not getting married?... June 3rd. Do not save the date. Do you hear me? Do whatever u want on June 3rd because nothing at all happening on that day. If thereís anything u need to book, its totally safe to book it on June 3. So congratulations Lane and Zack. Who else here had 8 shots of tequila? Hands... No?  Oh my gosh! Who misses the yummy bartenders? I know, me too, they were so great. I was going to ask them to not work on June 3rd, on my not wedding. I just thought that would be so fun. 

so there you go if anyone actually wanted to know

Poor Lorelia! That's the most pathetic and depressing drunken speech. Sad
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 03:55:24 pm by GGOO » Logged

-Bess Smiley
Kitty
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2006, 04:19:51 pm »

And if Lorelai finds out that a kiss took place....it matters how?

I didnt say it was supposed to matter. But Rory usually tells/talks to Lorelai about these things. I just wanted to see what she would say, thats all.
Ahh ok-

Alliansa
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 81

British and Proud :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2006, 05:32:29 am »

Yipe! That toast was excruciating. I had to mute some of it because I felt so embarassed for poor Lorelai...I've got way too attach to made up characters Tongue.

I'm not unorganised. I suffer from anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Lauren/Lorelai fan forever. Luke now sucks in my eyes :p.
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2006, 05:14:06 pm »

yeah, I agree.  I always hate when characters make a fool or embarrise themselfs.  I hate listening to it because you know its coming and you're just like "NO!"

My favorite episode this season! Smiley

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2006, 06:54:27 pm »

i dont even know where to start..this is my absolute favorite episode of Gilmore Girls EVER. i love it sooo much!!!

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: