6.20 - Super Cool Party People
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 12:21:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100744 Members
Latest Member: ECage

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.20 - Super Cool Party People
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: 6.20 - Super Cool Party People  (Read 39858 times)
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 07:10:27 pm »

Oh, my gosh I LOVED THIS EPISODE!! Smiley Smiley Smiley! I am so excited for the next!! First yay trubador is back, means things are changing! Rory and Logan were so cute and it is final I am over rory and jess not being a couple, I love Logan.(um was this setting up for a wedding between them??) Rory, you go girl!!! She did such a great job telling of Mitchum, and he deserved it. Lorelai party rocked and she did such a great job! Luke is finally realizing in that this was a good thing, then stupid Anna had to ruin it. I hate that. Then she was so rough with Lorelai, rude, Why did she have to be that way?  This ep. made me feel good. Wink Cheesy I hope there is a good ending to this story!!  Huh

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 07:14:07 pm »

I thought this episode was good because, unlike some of the other episodes this season, it really moved the storyline along.  We're out of the Lorelai has not interacted with April mode.
Ahhhh . . .insight!  I finally, finally, understand what Luke has been doing all of this time.  He's an insecure man (eight years to finally tell Lorelai his feelings for her!) and he's still skittish about his father role.  He knows that Lorelai would win April easily, but he wanted to win her over on his own merits first.  Not that that excuses his insensitivity to Lorelai's feelings all this time.

Yes.  It's good that they're not making the audience second guess as to why people are making the choices that they're making.  Now, people can feel that Luke makes sense or he's being an idiot, but at least we know why he's doing what he's doing and can form our opinions from there.

Anna is crazy, here's why:  All of those girls called their families to check if they could sleep over and got permission (the cell phone scene was a nice touch).  They're 13, not 6.  As for her own daughter, Lorelai is Luke's fiancee and should be treated as part of the package that comes with Luke.  Anna was seriously overreacting.  Lorelai handled her conversation w/ Anna well.  She kept her cool.
Can't wait for the next episode!
[/quote

But, maybe April didn't mention Lorelai until afterwards.  Maybe she just called and asked if she could stay over, and Anna had no idea that Lorelai had been there until April recapped the events when she was home.  

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
BeautifulSoul09
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 07:21:50 pm »

I am extremely pleased with this episode!! It made me very happy!! However, i am sad to say that soon, we will be saying goodbye to this season, and onto the probable last. Thus, 24 episodes left. Very disturbing..but on with the thoughts on tonights episode!!!

Okay.
Rory. WOW i must say i was VERY VERY VERY pleased with her callin Michum. I definatly give her props for doing that.
Logan and rory- goshyness! They are finally beginning to realize how much they truely care about the other. I think this whole experience was good because now they can put the past behind them and move on.
Logan-This episode made him grow up a bit. I like that. I think this episode was excellent, because although i have ALWAYS loved logan and his hott self, my friends haven't but after tonight, they said that they are warming up to him. YAY!
Finn-hott. still an ass...but i do love the accent. so hott. lol i know hes barely in this epi..but who cares!!
Colin-ass. heh. so NOT hott.
Lorelai-i think it was very adult of her to go to Anna, however, very very stupid that she just took all that shit that Luke gave her. I'm sorry but i am beginning to dislike how this L/L relationship is making Lor act...its stupid. She just sits and takes all the stuff he says about how he doesn't thing they should meet....eh.
Luke- If i may quote Rory, "arrogent, butt-faced miscreant!" Sorry but its true. After tonight i'm gettin very pissed at him. Okay he is being so stupid and childish. Okay so what if Lorelai ends up hitting it off with April..shouldnt he be kinda glad that they get along? EH. Verrrryyy upsetting.I know that he's just worried about not bonding with April..but why couldn't he just tell Lorelai that from the start? And why did he have to sound so bitchy when he told her?
Anna-stupid. bitchy....

Well...all i can say is that this episode has just helped build-up all of the problems that are going to occur the last two episodes...especially with Luke and Lor. But kudos to the episode.
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 07:24:02 pm »

I really enjoyed this episode... I think Dave Rosenthal did a very good job.
 I was laughing really hard when Rory met up with Colin and Finn at the hospital. I don;t know about you guys but Finn looked ultimate dirtbag... he had the hugest beard I've ever seen and they both had dirty clothes on Cheesy. I really hope they took a shower and shaved when they got to New Haven.
 Anyways, I love Paris, taking charge like that by helping Rory out.. reminds me of the good old days at Chilton when Paris used to boss around the adults 'til she got what she needed Smiley.
 Not a big fan of Luke... extremly rude to Lorelai. I've got nothing else to say.
 Lorelai/Anna scene.. she was a bit harsh, just assuming that L/L could never be together.. maybe she should get to know Lorelai first before making assumptions and accusations.
 Logan looked realllyy bad... I'm surprised Rory didn't start crying or anything when she first saw him. He looked really beat up like someone had just kicked his ass. I really hope Logan grows up now because hey.. he could have died. Maybe now he'll re-evaluate his life and what he wants to do and what he wants to be.

btw: did any of you catch the previews for the next two episodes?! I freaked when they said ... well nevermind I don't want to spoil it.. I'll bring it over to the spoilers discussion thread...

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 07:29:46 pm »

I'm divided on Rory laying into Colin and Finn.  I mean, I can see her being upset that they were joking around, but for her to order them to get out?  If they weren't playing up them being drunk and them being the comic relief, I don't think it would have been out of place for one of them to say, "You're right, we're being insensitive, but we are Logan's friends, and have known him a lot longer than you have, and you can't tell us to leave."

eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 07:42:46 pm »

I'm divided on Rory laying into Colin and Finn. I mean, I can see her being upset that they were joking around, but for her to order them to get out? If they weren't playing up them being drunk and them being the comic relief, I don't think it would have been out of place for one of them to say, "You're right, we're being insensitive, but we are Logan's friends, and have known him a lot longer than you have, and you can't tell us to leave."

Very true... they were really shocked though when Rory told them off. It looked like they felt bad for what they said.. or how they said it... but then again thats just how Colin and Finn are.. they'll take any situation and make it humorous.

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
missusmariano
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 07:51:26 pm »

I didn't love this episode.  I hate that I feel this way because I love GG, but I was rolling my eyes a lot during the episde.  Roll Eyes

I think it's dumb that Miss Patty and the whole town think it's a good idea that Luke doesn't know that his fiancee was so upset that they aren't getting married soon.  That's something they need to talk about, and Lorelai having a breakdown like that should've made it clear to the town that hiding it wasn't the solution.  I know they were trying to help her, but it's really a disservice.

I think the way Anna acts with April is so similar to the way Lorelai acted with her boyfriends (especially Max) and Rory. I found it annoying then too, but now Lorelai knows how it feels to be on the receiving end of that.

I think it was sweet that Lorelai convinced Luke that he really did help her pick out some of her favorite clothes, when really he doesn't at all.  She could tell he was upset by that, so she changed her story. Aww.

Also, I liked the Caesar storyline.  That was humorous to me.  Everyone wanted a cold banana and stubborn, old-fashioned Luke refused  Cheesy

The show annoyed me when:
1) Rory called Mitchum.  Not that that was a bad idea, the acting was just bad.  Undecided  I hate to be critical.  I just get frustrated with poor Alexis's acting sometimes.  Especially when compared to Lauren's.

2) When Logan, who is severly hurt, talks to Rory about how he doesn't want her to miss schoolwork.  If you are in the shape he was in, you don't think about that.  You are doped up and not thinking coherently.  I know the writer was trying to show how sweet and caring Logan is but I didn't buy it.

3) Lorelai asked how Rory got the info about Logan when she's not family.  We already covered it, what was the point in Lorelai asking it and I also don't think Lorelai would've really thought to ask that off the top of her head.

4) Why didn't Rory lie and say she was married to Logan.  They wouldn't have asked for proof, I don't believe, and she knows that they won't tell her otherwise (e.g. Paris and Asher when he had a heart attack).

5) Why did Anna drive to Stars Hollow to yell at Luke for 5 minutes.  Why didn't she call?  Also, this screamfest reminded me of something Lor would do if she felt Rory was threatened.

Finally, I wonder how much that shopping spree at the beauty supply store cost Luke!  I know he wants April to be happy so it wouldn't be a big deal for him, but I just wondered.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 07:54:37 pm by missusmariano » Logged

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 08:02:05 pm »

I think it's dumb that Miss Patty and the whole town think it's a good idea that Luke doesn't know that his fiancee was so upset that they aren't getting married soon.  That's something they need to talk about, and Lorelai having a breakdown like that should've made it clear to the town that hiding it wasn't the solution.  I know they were trying to help her, but it's really a disservice.

I agree.  It makes no sense that everyone would think protecting Lorelai's reputation was more important than trying to help fix things.  I mean, especially since it seems Lorelai's actions weren't even the craziest thing that had happened in the town.

2) When Logan, who is severly hurt, talks to Rory about how he doesn't want her to miss schoolwork.  If you are in the shape he was in, you don't think about that.  You are doped up and not thinking coherently.  I know the writer was trying to show how sweet and caring Logan is but I didn't buy it.

I don't think it was that off the wall.  The pain medicine had probably dulled just enough so that he wasn't in pain but could think clearly.  I remember when I was in the hospital at one time, I was given drugs(and Rory did say it wasn't even really strong medicine, baby aspirin and cough syrup -or, weren't we supposed to take that seriously?) and while I was a bit loopy, I wasn't completely incoherent.  Especially after some time had passed.  But, I wasn't in for a serious accident.

4) Why didn't Rory lie and say she was married to Logan.  They wouldn't have asked for proof, I don't believe, and she knows that they won't tell her otherwise (e.g. Paris and Asher when he had a heart attack).

I could see her being so upset it slipped her mind.  But, I did find it kind of annoying that she kept insisting that she was his girlfriend, she lived with him, it wasn't a casual relationship.  I think she would have realised that they wouldn't have thought those tidbits of info important enough to release any information to her.  Hmm, I think it would have been fun if someone had said, "Look, Missy, we don't care if you have his name tattooed on your butt.  Family only is family only."  Too much?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 08:14:58 pm by Dani257 » Logged

missusmariano
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 08:04:42 pm »

Hmm, I think it would have been fun if someone had said, "Look, Missy, we don't care if you have his name tattooed on your butt.  Family only is family only."  Too much?

Not At All!!!  Cheesy That made me smile  Smiley

Kirkguy
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 08:05:34 pm »

Whaaaa! I had a baseball game during tonights eppy and I enlisted my bro to tape it. But guess what? He used a tape that was already full so all he got was the intro! I was looking forward to this  Cry

"Do not take what is mine. geez, everyone's trying to take my stuf
missusmariano
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 08:09:28 pm »

Whaaaa! I had a baseball game during tonights eppy and I enlisted my bro to tape it. But guess what? He used a tape that was already full so all he got was the intro! I was looking forward to this  Cry

Aww I'm so sorry!!! I know some people have talked about being able to download episodes but I've never done it.  Maybe do a google search and/or go to the question and answer thread and search that.  Hopefully you'll be able to find it.

Canuck
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 08:10:25 pm »

I loved Paris in this episode! She can be 'too much' at times; but, I would LOVE to be able to get things done like her or have a friend like that.  Cheesy

Was anybody else nervous when Kirk started setting up the movie screen? I thought somehow he would've mixed up a video of Loreli  at the wedding reception! Yikes! How releaved I was that it was Pretty in Pink.

Pretty in Pink! ('Yes, that is the guy from 2 and a Half Men'. LOL!)

Aquanet, Sun In and Bonne Bell Lipsmackers.  Sigh ... My hair turned orange when I used Sun In.

If Luke finds out what Loreli said at the reception and uses it as a reason not to marry her then I've had it with them two as a couple!

'I'm very susceptible to signage'.   Cheesy

x

'I am having a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt. WHO would like a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt?
missusmariano
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 08:20:23 pm »

Was anybody else nervous when Kirk started setting up the movie screen? I thought somehow he would've mixed up a video of Loreli  at the wedding reception! Yikes! How releaved I was that it was Pretty in Pink.

'I'm very susceptible to signage'.   Cheesy

I didn't know what Kirk was doing at first.  I'm slow  Wink  I did love Kirk's signage line that was typical Kirk-funny

GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

Sophia Bush and Ashley Tisdale's Biggest Fan. [:

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 08:50:30 pm »

did anyone see the preview for next weeks eposide?? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved this one too!!! luke does now know that lorelai only wants to help!! yay!

i'm a supporter of ASHLEY TISDALE and SCOTT SPEER [:

one tree hill FREAK.
JULY28, babyyy! yesss!
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 09:22:31 pm »

Agh, this is one of my favorite episodes this season. And even though I was a little lost at first I caught on really fast.

First of all, OMG what in the world was Logan thinking? What, why. That is going to drive me crazy. At first I was really suprised that Rory would seroiously stay there that long. And I'm not sure if the way she handled the conversation with Colin and Finn right. Although I'm pretty sure that I would have ended up doing the same thing if I was her. See now I'm not the biggest fan of Logan and Logan and Rory but still I couldn't help but feel a little sad when I saw Logan. After all it was a little disturbing. Anyway. The one thing that I did love was after Rory got off the phone with Honor and called Michum, I was so happy that she did what she did it obviously ment a litttle bit to Logan. At least she put him in his place just a little bit and I'm pretty sure that it felt good on Rory's part. By the way, if Honor was on her honeymoon where was Josh and why wasn't he coming back with her? Sorry, just something that I noticed.

Even though I loved the way that Rory talked to Michum, my favorite part of this episode was when Lorelai and April bonded. It was really great. Lorelai wasn't lying she can through some really cool parties. The whole thing just seemed so great. Through the whole time when Lorelai and Luke had their thing about Lorelai wasn't talking to April I was a little mad becasue at one time or another Lorelai will be in April's life weather Anna likes it or not. If I were Apirl I would loved to have someone like Lorelai though my 13th birthday.

What bothered me about this episode was Lukes attitude when they were shopping. I personally think that he knew deep down inside that Lorelai was right and that she knew what a 13 year old girl would want for her birthday and it really showed when she came to the rescue and then when she changed the presents. That was great.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: