6.20 - Super Cool Party People
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 02:35:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 104789 Members
Latest Member: RPainter

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.20 - Super Cool Party People
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: 6.20 - Super Cool Party People  (Read 40043 times)
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2006, 03:37:30 pm »

Go Paris!!

NOw that I actually have time to comment... where do I begin??

Let me start with Luke/April/Lorelai situation. I think that Luke is becoming a good dad to April considering that he just found out about her four months ago. However --- now that he is more comfortable with her, I think that he should have let Lorelai meet her - not buddy buddy like she and Rory, but at least meet her. I understand where Ana is concerned, but everyone needs to see that Lorelai is permanent in Luke's life - she deserves to meet April if Rory, Lane, and Jess got to meet her. That's not fair. I know that Luke doesn't want for April to like Lorelai more, but Lorelai would never let that happen; I think that she above all people should know just how improtant a daughter's love is. I don't think that she would ever try and sabbotage or innocently sabbotage it with Luke and April. I cried when she was at Lane's wedding and gave her toast. (I know that this is the previous episode, but I'll insert my thoughts here.) The morning after the wedding, Lorelai should have told Luke exactly what she said instead of covering it up while at the Diner. I think if she would have done so, it may have changed the outcome of the season finale. That's all I have for now on that topic.

Now to Rory and Logan. Why do some people hate Logan so much? Just because he has a lot a lot of money does not necessarily mean that he's a conceded bastard. I just don't get it. Yes, when he first came on the show, he was a bit of an ass, but can't everyone see that Rory has changed him in such a collosal way. AND - in case anyone missed it, Logan admitted that all of the problems he and Rory were having were all of his fault and that he never should have gone on that LDB trip. If that was good enough for Rory, then it's certainly good enough for me. (Jess fans please don't take this the wrong way) I think that Jess will never again be on the Gilmore Girls based on Milo's interview - he himself said that Jess' character is complete - "it's done." We all know that Dean won't be coming back. Logan is a good guy -- he might be a little to extravagant, but we need to remember that him having to deal with his family business isn't his choice, no matter how hard he fights it. I am convinced now more than ever that Logan and Rory belong together.

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
Rory_fan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

Rory's my idol :) Headliner fan! my name's Jessica

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2006, 07:02:07 am »

This is a great episode all around.

Why?

Rory fully forgives Logan.  I like how Logan admitted that "he was the one screwing things up with them" and that it wasn't Rory's fault.  Also, I think it was a nice touch that they both appologized to each other.  And the whole thing with Rory and Colin and Finn was good too; you can see that she loves Logan.

Lorelai finally meets, really meets April.  I think that it should have happened a long time before this, although I can understand why Luke didn't want April to do the 'best friend bonding' thing with April before he had, but I think that he was being a little unfair to Lorelai by putting it off for so long.

I am an obsessive supporter of the Rory/Logan relationship.  Do not insult Logan in front of me, or you will face my wrath.
Andmadero
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2006, 04:06:11 am »

Could anyone please tell me the name of the background song that is played through Lorelai's and Anna Nardini's discussion that takes place during the las scene of this episode SUPER COOL PARTY PEOPLE ONLY...620...I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2006, 02:11:45 pm »

AHmazing episode.
I love how Rory fully forgives Logan and how they can now go on developing a stronger relationship then ever before. As Rory_Fan said, you can obviosly (sp) see the love she feels towards him.
It is great for Lorelai to meet her fiance's daughter after to long of Luke keeping his two lives that need to mold seperate.
Thats all.
     "Super Cool People Party Bid You Super Cool Adieu!"

300th Post!!

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Hermione101
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2006, 07:54:47 pm »

I absoulutly loved this episode! It was hilarious! Dance
Bobo
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2006, 06:14:53 am »

Hi guys, i honestly wish for lorelai and April to get along vey well and i honestly wish Luke and Lorelai get married soon, cos i think its gettin long.
And can someone tell the writers to ger Jess back on the show. That sed pleas how do i get a GG tee shirt i am all the way in Abuja, Nigeria.

The will of God will never lead you to where his grace won't keep you.
xo_Sweets_xo
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2006, 08:26:50 pm »

I Loeved this episode
It was cool that Luke called Lorelai to help with Aprils party
He finally let Lorelai spend time with April and see her and stuff
I Love this Picture

The Glitter heart of Lorelai Cheek is cool and the Green Hair!!
Superfreaky
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2006, 03:40:32 pm »

1. I loved the scene between Sookie and Lorelai as Sookie revealed to a mortified Lorelai all of her drunken displays..

2. I didnt really understand why Anna was so mad that Lorelai helped run the party. In this day and age, it would be stranger if a grown man like Luke was left alone to run a sleepover with a group of young girls. The fact that Lorelai, a woman was there to keep an eye on the girls would be much more of a relief to a mother.

bethany
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2006, 12:31:42 pm »

2. I didnt really understand why Anna was so mad that Lorelai helped run the party. In this day and age, it would be stranger if a grown man like Luke was left alone to run a sleepover with a group of young girls. The fact that Lorelai, a woman was there to keep an eye on the girls would be much more of a relief to a mother.

Anna was upset because she had previously never met Lorelai. When you're a single mom, you don't have that extra set of eyes looking out for everyone your daughter comes into contact with. She hadn't approved Lorelai, therefore not knowing how to talk to the other moms about this other lady who showed up at her daughters party.
It wasn't going to be a sleepover until Lorelai decided to make it one, at which point every girl in the diner pulls out their cellphones.

Thanks to Simply Cynical for the sig!
LovesToRead
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2006, 04:41:49 pm »

Anna was upset because she had previously never met Lorelai. When you're a single mom, you don't have that extra set of eyes looking out for everyone your daughter comes into contact with. She hadn't approved Lorelai, therefore not knowing how to talk to the other moms about this other lady who showed up at her daughters party.
It wasn't going to be a sleepover until Lorelai decided to make it one, at which point every girl in the diner pulls out their cellphones.

As a child who grew up under a virtually single mom (as in my dad was sorta in the picture but my mom had sole custody) I have to agree with Bethany's statement.  I understand totally why she did it.  I think her reaction might have been a bit exaggerated by the fact that she was a little jealous that Lorelai was part of what made the party such a hit but I could be wrong.  I mean, it kind of makes me think of when Lorelai and Rory were at Sherry's baby shower and Sherry brought up Rory coming to visit them on the weekends (this was of course when she intended to go to Harvard) and Lorelai got all bent out of shape.  Anna and April have a great relationship (similar to that of the one between Rory and Lorelai) and I don't think she was entirely comfortable sharing her daughter's affections with anyone else.  But she and Lorelai also differ in the way they handled the whole father situation.  Lorelai told Chris she was pregnant and she left the door to Rory open for him.  Anna didn't even give Luke a chance and now she's upset because he saw that April's birthday wasn't going too well, called Lorelai, and she came and fixed it.

Again, I understand that she's been April's sole protector up until this point so it's perfectly logical that she would get upset that Lorelai had taken over the party without her knowing, I just wonder if she would have had quite as intense of a reaction had it been Lane or another one of the townsfolk that had helped out.
Xander
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2007, 03:08:07 pm »

Hello to all funs of gilmore girls!
In this episode, I saw a town troubadour Grant singing a song. I really like, but i don't know, what's a name of this great songs, can someone tell me it!
It starts like this:
a milion hearts,  a milion minds...

And then there was something like: we have forty years...

Please can you help? I was trying to use Google, but I found nothing. So fans, do you know that song?
thank you for all!!! Smiley

Please forgive me my mistakes. I am not an expert in English. I am still trying to learn it!
EDIT:
I already know, that song is called 40 years and it's performed by Grant-Lee Phillips, but I just can't find it anywhere!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:01:39 pm by Xander » Logged
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2007, 06:18:27 pm »

Paris was extremely fabulous in this episode. I think that her role in this episode really shows the audience something we havent really seen since Chilton... she showed us how amazingly brilliant she is!

In this episode.. my heart felt very sad... I was so worried about Logan (despite how mad I was at him!!!)...

And Lorelai.... she came to the rescue once again. I loved seeing how well her and April got along. I was so mad when her mom freaked out and said she didnt want Lorelai around her. If it werent for this action... Luke and Lorelai might have been okay...

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

mooey93
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2007, 10:52:03 pm »

I really loved this episode. I thought that Rory was great and showed just how ..whats the right word?.. i dunnot he word make one up...she could be! she stood up to Mitchum Huntsberger and really 'shut him down' about his stupid petty reasons for not seeing logan. I also liked how they rory and logan kept blaming each other for everything that had made them mad...it was cute. I loved how Paris showed some of her old aggressive self not seen since chilton.

I liked the party and thought it was funny when they all had to cue up for the toilet because they thought that it was part of the restricted area Cheesy I loved how lorelai came to the rescue for luke and turned the party around. It showed how much they need each other, and i think it showed luke that he had thought wrong about how April might react and end up feeling about Lorelai.

This episode made me hate anna! she was so harsh and seemed to over react. she could have still gotten her point across without being mean and (what i think was) rude to lorelai. Lorelai was just going to say that she was sorry about what had hapened and defend Luke and show that she was fine, and that next time luke would ask first to prevent this from happening again.

I also really liked how sookie and lorelai had their discussion of what lorelai had said the night before (at Lane's wedding). also their discussion of the party i thought was good and found the 'bonnebell lipsmackers' party talk funny  Cheesy

Rory to Paris:"oh god your like a scary pop-up book!"
Lorelai:"shall I put a mirror in front of you so you can have this conversation with yourself?"

Maddy
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2007, 02:20:01 pm »

Mooey- you get a pretty stick because I completely agree with everything you said! Welcome to the board!
-ashley

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2007, 08:59:20 pm »

I love the Colin/Finn scene in the beginning...where they're going to adopt him...and that whole part always makes me crack up.  And when Paris gets all that information from the doctors.

Luke's spiel when Lorelai and him were shopping was horrible and mean.  Luke seemed very off in this episode.  Just weird...not himself. 

Everyone else has touched on things...but I felt that Rory really did nothing in this episode and I know she was taking care of Logan, but whenever we came back to her I felt it was basically the same thing.  And it was. 

I really don't like Anna.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: