6.20 - Super Cool Party People
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 11:37:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114075 Members
Latest Member: E00M

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.20 - Super Cool Party People
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: 6.20 - Super Cool Party People  (Read 40895 times)
Milolover2
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

because it is what it is...you...me

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:22:25 pm »

Super Cool Party People:

Rory goes to the hospital to see Logan, but gets little information on his condition from the staff. Meanwhile, Luke throws a party for April and her friends at the diner, but panics when the bash is a bomb, and he calls Lorelai to come to the rescue.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:51:44 pm by Heidi » Logged

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
JESS: I love you.

" It's not necessarily about the way someone looks. It's what's going on within a person's heart and mind."--Milo Ventimiglia
tigger01
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »

IF ANYONE TAPES THIS EPISODE, COULD YOU SEND ME A COPY. OR A LINK.  I HAVE TO WORK OVERNIGHTS AND I HAVE TO GO TO BED IN A FEW MINS.
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:43:09 pm »

Sorry, but I wont be tapeing it. My VCR's busted.. anyways only 1 hour and 15 minutes 'til the new GG episode! Can't wait Smiley.

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:35:32 pm »

I'm watching the eppy right now and I have one thing to say: Luke is being a TOTAL JERK to Lorelai, I want to un-join the noodies because of just one scene!!!  Angry Angry Angry

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
jinglesosborne
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 05:58:17 pm »

Indeed, Luke does become jerkish in this episode, but he also has moments when he realizes he really needs Lorelai, because she's the character and he's the ... what was it ... Hagrid?  After seeing the way Luke handled the 13-year-olds, I'm wondering if he's made out to be parental material at all.  I'm surprised he didn't wrap the girls in foam and tell them to wear their bike helmets.

This episode was pretty good, and I loved how Rory called Mitchum Huntzberger and decided to lambaste him for punishing Logan for remaining part of the Life and Death Brigade.  I think she showed major backbone to a man who has treated her harshly (of course, it helped that she said it via cell-phone and not face-to-face.)

There were funny moments too, but nothing spectacular.  The opening sequence between Sookie and Lorelai felt like old times, and had a few moments of laughter.  I did laugh when Luke was laying down the birthday party rules.

Did anyone else notice the camera work of this episode seemed really odd?  There were some shots that looked incredibly odd, seemingly a little off-centre or something.  Maybe I'm just being picky because this is an episode that Dave Rosenthal wrote.

This episode, I decided I really dislike Anna.  I know she's trying to protect April, but her decision to keep Lorelai out of April's life smacks of jealousy, perhaps because Lorelai has Luke, and because April might come to love Lorelai as well.  It seemed really childish, almost as childish as Luke keeping April away from Lorelai because April will adore Lorelai more than him.  When it comes down to it, I don't think anyone is entirely thinking of April. 

And Anna had to rub it in Lorelai's face that engaged wasn't the same as married!  Poor Lor.

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mother’s wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish she’d give it back.
deans_grl
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:06:27 pm »

omg next episode will be great i am actually coming around to april but not anna. my mom has been pointing things out to me that will lead to next episode i would tell but i dont wont to be a spoiller.
Lit/Java911
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:08:38 pm »

Okay not my fave eppy at all!  Luke was being kinda mean, and Anna was like demeaning lorelai,  it seemed as if she was purposley trying to hurt lorelai  which totally sucks.  w/e i can't wait until everything gets better.    

I did like the connection between lorelai and april because it was cute  and it turns out april isn't as geeky as we all thought.   I absolutely loved lorelais hair  lol totally awesome!   I liked how rory finally told off mitchum.  Alas Rory does love Logan and although  i am a literati fan  i thought he was okay  and Matt Czuchry looked kinda hot with a little scruff  lol  Milo is still way hotter but i wouldn't mind matt.  lol   so overall  i would rate this eppy a 7/10

Literati 4 Life
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 06:17:51 pm »

Okay, at first I was wondering when Lorelai had time to do all that stuff after the toast, but they did say that they had given her a lot of coffee before bringing her home, so I guess it happened then.  But, my goodness, Luke comes back and Lorelai decides to pretend that everything is still okay?  Lorelai, I love you, but open your mouth, woman!  And, I can't believe that no one in the town thought it might be a good idea to tell Luke what she really said instead of making up a stupid story to cover up.  Or no one even decided to not mention the speech itself, but still ask him what his plans are in regards to the wedding?  You think someone would have felt that was the best route to take.

But, I have to admit as childish and jealous a reaction that Luke had to Lorelai wanting to help the party, it was refreshing to have someone actually say what they meant, without any passive aggressiveness or hiding or subterfuge or anything.  Just flat out, lay it on the line, air the dirty laundry.  Although, if I were Lorelai I would have let him have it when he called, although after that, I would have helped, seeing as there was a little girl involved.  But, I wouldn't have been all nice and sweet to Luke.  Well, maybe after the party, I would have let him have it.

So, still no specific dealing with their problems, but I think Logan's saying that he was screwing up their relationship is something of an admission that he hurt Rory and there's more to it than a technical definition of what a break up was.  Plus, he sounded very sincere about her going back to school and not falling behind.  And, Rory admitted to him that she had been still angry with him.  Yes!  Someone else actually freaking talks in this episode.

Boo!  Troubador!  Boo!

As far as Anna, the only thing I could think of when she was ranting was that this was just another contrivance.  I guess they felt that after all this, they still couldn't have Luke saying he wanted Lorelai to stay away (although, why not?  We've already established that he's jealous, and the fun they had just proved his fears), so they had to have Anna take the hard line.  I'm not a mother and although I can imagine situations that I have no experience in (I can frequently understand Lorelai's decisions as a mother) I can't really figure out if I think Anna's position made sense or not.

Amusing thing of the episode.  "Special Appearance by Gregg Henry"  Um, I kind of thought with the special appearance next to his name he'd do more than just be on screen for 2 seconds.

I'm of Lorelai's generation, but I've never seen Pretty in Pink.  I feel I've let the 80's down.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lukelorelaifanatic
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:29:02 pm »

In the beginning, the moment between Luke and Lorelai shopping was kinda weird. He was mean about the situation with April and when he said that he was glad he gets to have input on her shopping, she didn't humor him like she usually does. Usually she will say something in "Yea" but not convincing way and he'll figure it out then she will continue exactly what she said. Wow, I toiletry kit. Not exactly what I would want on my 13th birthday.

Rory telling off Mitchum was totally awesome. She slammed him in guilt and he was ashamed to even look at her. Then the telling off Fin and Colin. Serves them right. I mean everything is a joke to them and half of the Logan situation in the hospital is their fault. Rory really voiced her opinions. I think she works well under pressure like when Paris freaked on the paper and she had to run it.

April was pretty cool. She is sort of aometimes a normal teenager with some science nerdy thing also, but she just wanted to meet her father and I think that is okay. I mean it is not her fault that her mom kept her from Luke.

It's been a long time since I have noticed the troubadour. I don't like his new look though.

And Anna...don't even get me started. OMG was she rude and way too over protective, jealous and did I mention rude!! When she said that she wasn't going to introduce April to any man she was dating until they were getting married, I just thought how mad I would be if my mom was be hiding a relationship she had until someone proposes!! She acts like April is some dumb kid and won't be able to understand if someone isn't there anymore. When April came into the picture, I was angry with her, but this is mainly Anna's fault because she never should have kept April from Luke. I mean she is his daughter. The whole stab of being engaged doesn't mean married was like Chris's "For Now, Lorelai and I are meant to be together" stab in Wedding Bell Blues. (Sorry if those were not the exact words.) If Anna wasn't such a rude, inconsiderate, jealous, jerk, this would have been a pretty good episode with Lorelai finally meeting April. I am not so sure about the Promo either, but I am not going to say anything to spoil it.

Weird for me to say, but I did like the episode because we realize that Luke was right sorta with the April Lorelai situation. I have a new character to rant about. Lorelai and April finally met. Rory stood up to rich, stuck-up, ______(insert insulting word here). Finally someone told them to grow up. And Logan Appoligized.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 06:48:47 pm by lukelorelaifanatic » Logged

They are so meant to be, I mean just look.
KeRi_LoVeS_LuKe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:29:24 pm »

I loved the opening scenes. It was like the old GG again. Sookie and Lorelai are always good together. They just click.

Luke was being so rude to Lorelai when they were shopping. I understand where he is coming from but there is no need for him to talkl to her like that. He should realize that she is hurting over the whole situation. I'm so glad that he finally realized that he needs Lorelai. I don't think he would know what to do without her in his life. He would be lost.

I'm so proud of Rory. It's good that she called up Mitchum. He needed to hear someone say those things even if he didn't really hear them. That took a lot of courage on Rory's part. I imagine it would be very scary to stand up to someone who made you question your entire life.

I really liked the interaction between Rory and Logan. I'm not the biggest fan of Logan but this episode kind of turned me around. I feel incredibly bad about what happened to him but I think it will be a good thing in the long run. I think it will make him realize how important Rory is to him. I think it also made Rory realize that she shouldn't be so hard on Logan even though she is still hurt and upset.

The birthday party scenes were pretty good. Luke is really not ready to take on more than one 13 year old at a time. I can't really blame him though. He is a "new" dad. I loved how Lorelai came in and instantly made the party wonderful. Her connection with young girls is amazing. I suppose it didn't hurt that she had Rory as a daughter.

I'm really glad that they addressed the wedding reception even if it wasn't the truth. It's good that they didn't just forget about it. I also shows how everyone in Stars Hollow is looking out for Lorelai.

I now hate Anna. She was being so incredibly rude to Lorelai. I understand that she is protecting her daughter but still. It's not like Lorelai is a crazy person. She has her own daughter. It seems like Anna is jealous of Lorelai. Almost like she is afraid the Lorelai will become more important to April than Anna is. I also think she is also upset that Lorelai has Luke. I think that's why she pointed out that being engaged isn't that same as being married.

The episode was pretty good overall. I can't wait for the next one. I'm so excited that my hands hurt. I need to talk about the previews for next week so bad I can hardly stand it!
Milolover2
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

because it is what it is...you...me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 06:34:08 pm »

I really really liked this episode a lot. Lots of good things (and bad) in it. I like this David Rosenthals writing. It makes me hopeful for next season.

First of all, Rory was great this episode. I might not like Logan, ( I found myself SLIGHTY amused seeing him lying in the hospital bed. Kinda serves him right the cocky jerk....) however I like the firey- dont- mess- with- me Rory when it comes to anything concerning Logan. I was so happy she gave Colin and Finn a piece of her mind and kudos to Rory for finally going off on Mitchum. Thats been a long time coming right there. Amen to her. I hope Logan grows up and learns from this. I am glad they both apologized to each other.

Luke was seriously pissing me off so badly when he was telling Lorelai he didnt want her to meet April because she would like her better than him!!! Why is he like this? Might as well of slapped Lorelai across the face. She looked so so hurt. I felt awful for her. Its not like she is trying to steal April out from under him....all she wants is a little involvement. Luke did get better though towards the end. I am glad he called Lorelai for help. Lorelai did such a good job with all the girls. It was nice to see April and Lorelai bonding

alright here is my opinion of the whole anna lorelai luke april situation....and god help me please dont snark me.......

Whoa the whole Anna and Lorelai scene. I dont know about anyone else but that was weird. And even though I do think its a bit extreme of Anna to be so quick to think Lorelai's not going to be in Lukes life forever....I see where she was coming from about the whole April-being supervised by someone she doesnt know thing.  Being a single mom myself, I know whats it mean to protect your kid with all you have. There has to be guidelines and rules you go by. Kids do need stability and consistency in their lives. However, its rude of Anna to be judging Lorelai's and Luke's relationship. I think if Luke had just told Loreali right away he had a daughter and introduced them to each other and to Anna, there would be no problem. Lorelai has always been more friend-like than mother-like to Rory and Anna's relationship with April is more mother-like. I dont know I think both sides are justifiable....Its hard to be a parent. You try to do the right thing and everyone always has an opinion. I dont dislike Anna I just think she is a little intense.....

The makeup on the girls was hilarous though. So cute.

Only 2 episodes left. I cant believe it....Then we embark on what might be the last season ever of Gilmore Girls. That makes me sad.....Also what am going to do all summer without Tuesday night new episodes?

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
JESS: I love you.

" It's not necessarily about the way someone looks. It's what's going on within a person's heart and mind."--Milo Ventimiglia
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 06:42:30 pm »

This could all fall apart in later episodes, but I think they planted some very interesting seeds with regards to Logan.  Him saying he didn't know what was wrong with him and that he'd get better seemed to me to be about his whole attitude, and need to do crazy things.  I think the accident helped him to realize that he's been running from his life.  I think the partying and LBD things and even the drinking that he's been doing recently is not just Logan being Logan.  I think he was escalating the behavior because of the impending joining the paper after graduation.  And, that little bit about him getting better was him acknowledging that.  

Also, I was really not looking forward to the whole everything is solved by an accident (smacked of a more tragic counterpart to everything being solved by a proposal -Lane and Zach).  But, considering that there was actual talking and actual admission of things (if still vague on Logan's part), it wasn't a bad way to go.  I think rather than the accident brushing everything aside, which is what I was scared of, it did a bit of opening up.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 06:57:11 pm »

I thought this episode was good because, unlike some of the other episodes this season, it really moved the storyline along.  We're out of the Lorelai has not interacted with April mode.
Ahhhh . . .insight!  I finally, finally, understand what Luke has been doing all of this time.  He's an insecure man (eight years to finally tell Lorelai his feelings for her!) and he's still skittish about his father role.  He knows that Lorelai would win April easily, but he wanted to win her over on his own merits first.  Not that that excuses his insensitivity to Lorelai's feelings all this time.

Anna is crazy, here's why:  All of those girls called their families to check if they could sleep over and got permission (the cell phone scene was a nice touch).  They're 13, not 6.  As for her own daughter, Lorelai is Luke's fiancee and should be treated as part of the package that comes with Luke.  Anna was seriously overreacting.  Lorelai handled her conversation w/ Anna well.  She kept her cool.
Can't wait for the next episode!

Canuck
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 07:05:31 pm »

"I'm not here to make friends, I'm just here to win!!"  Cheesy

LOL!!!!!

x

'I am having a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt. WHO would like a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt?
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 07:06:11 pm »

I enjoyed this episode.  Could be just because I watched it while wearing my super awesome GG.org T-shirt!!!

There were things that frustrated me, but nothing like the stupid contrived drama crap that had been going on.

I felt the writers went a little overboard with Rory's attitude.  Yes, I think it's about time Rory started growing up, but I felt they laid it on a little thick with the take charge attitude.  And yes, as many of us expected, this accident incident has wiped the slate clean between Rory and Logan.  It frustrates me that Rory's feelings of guilt over being cold when he left is over powering her valid reasons for being upset with Logan.  But this is all just because I still don't believe she is truly in love with him.

Paris was awesome!  I am so so happy that for two episodes in a row Paris has been real Paris, not "the writers decided to turn Paris into a completely over the top psycho instead of the luvable psycho that she is."  I must pause in sing my Paris song...

I love Paris in her bunker.
I love Paris in her dorm.
I love Paris on her spring break when she's kissing.
I love Paris when she keeps her staff from pissing.
I love Paris!
Oh why oh why do I love Paris?
Because she's not all there!

When Luke said that as soon as Lorelai entered the picture it would be all over for him, I at first thought he meant that Lorelai, with her strong pushy personality, would barge in a shove him out of the way.  But then when he explained more I understood, and while I don't completely agree with his keeping Lorelai out of things plan, I at least understand it more.

I understood Anna's anger when she stormed into the diner.  She was upset that her daughter and other people's daughters were left in the care of a complete stranger to all the parents.  That is understandable.  However, what I don't understand, is that after she cooled off, and Lorelai introduced herself and explained the situation, Anna was completed closed to the idea of Lorelai being with April.  I would have understood "Once I get to know you and feel comfortable with you, then you can hang out with April."  But this?  Her whole philosophy doesn't make any sense.  I can't explain it, but I understand both Lorelai's and Anna's philosophy toward the men they date and April.  But making a blanket statement that April can't spend time with anyone because she might form an attachment and they might leave?  That sounds ridiculous to me.

I also don't like that Luke just agreed to what Anna said.  I understand that Anna didn't know Lorelai, but why isn't Luke's assesment of Lorelai sufficient?  Luke is April's parent too, though I understand he is new at this and Anna has more rights to control that Luke does, but I still think his approval of who is acceptable to be with April should be enough.

Also, I thought Anna's random "I was here when you opened it, remember?" was weird and out of place.  I feel like that was just stuck in by the writers for future use.  I fully expect to see that on a "previously" some day because they are trying to set something up (like Lorelai learning more about his history with Anna and being uncomfortable with it or something.)

That's all for now Smiley

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: