6.18 - The Real Paul Anka
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 11:55:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115253 Members
Latest Member: CSlattery

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.18 - The Real Paul Anka
Poll
Question: What was your opinion of tonights episode?
Okay
Good
AWFUL
Awesome
I did not see it

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print
Author Topic: 6.18 - The Real Paul Anka  (Read 63395 times)
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2007, 05:48:05 pm »

okay,since this has become a debait zone(lol) im just going to throw a question in here __> what do you think would happen if Rory didn't go see Jess,and Logan wasn't in the accident?

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2007, 03:47:21 am »

I like this debate. It think it is lovely.  Grin We're both giving opinions and being funny and light about it. Plus, it's always nice to talk about something you really like (ie Gilmore Girls)

What do I think would've happened? Interesting.... are you asking if rory would've stayed with Logan if it hadn't been for the kiss with Jess and the accident? Perhaps these things made her realise what it was she'd be losing and this led her to stay with Logan? Without these incedents maybe she would've let her realtionship with Logan fizzle out?

Do you think that Rory would've gone to Jess's opening if Logan weren't out of town? Was it purely an act of revenge her visiting Jess or was it a comfort or familiarity thing?

I tend to think she was looking for a bit of support and cofort and she knew she'd find it in Jess. I don't think she intentionally used Jess as revenge on Logan but more allowed him to kiss her because it was natural and comfortable, until she realised it was wrong of course. Her comment about not being able to cheat like he did, may not be a reference to her deliberately attempting to use Jess but merely saying that when a genuine situation occured where she could easily be swept away and taken in she still couldn't do what he did. Does this mean she loves him more? Or is it a case of morals? One thing this does prove is that Rory definitely considers what he did to be "cheating" regardless of the not talking for 3 weeks/ broken up debate.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2007, 06:05:04 pm »

I don't think that Rory wouldve attended Jess' opening if Logan hadnt made her mad.
Aside from that, I would just like to say that I absolutely loved this episode. I loved how they started it with Lorelai's dream. It was creative and unexpected and I loved it!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2007, 12:52:13 am »

I think she would've attended it regardless of her anger towards Logan. I just think the way she handled herself at the party would've been drastically different. I doubt she would be as open and flirty as she was with Jess, but I still think she would be there. For whatever reason there is, and I think always will be, a connection between Jess and Rory.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2007, 01:27:44 pm »

I doubt she would be as open and flirty as she was with Jess, but I still think she would be there. For whatever reason there is, and I think always will be, a connection between Jess and Rory.

I.agree.Rory.and.Jess.are.friends-in.her.opion!.She.was.glad.Jess.had.done.so.well.and
wanted.to.congradulate him.Things.would.have.had.a.differet.ending.but.she.would.
have.went!

Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2007, 09:49:13 am »

I think they are friends and I think Rory is intrigued by him all over again. When he first came back in this season and they were sitting in Rory's room, they were both nervous. It was almost similar to the first time they attempted to kiss in Luke's apartment just after they'd gotten together. Even the way that Jess tells Rory he is nervous too and she replies by saying she's thankful she isn't alone is reminiscent of their meeting in Luke's appartment when they feel like "morons" together.

I just think there is something more to Jess and Rory. Their connection is deeper and Jess alludes to this in the earlier episode when he tells Rory he "knows her better than anyone".

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2007, 10:49:01 am »

I remember watching this episode with my brother, and after the "The real Paul Anka" talk we were literally rolling on the floor.
Oh, and my friend watched GG this episode for the first time and she was text messaging me when Rory and Jess were talking:"Why isn't she with this guy, he's nice, not that bad one." and I was like lol. too complicated.
Anyway...yeah, she's hooked Wink

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
yalegirl23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2007, 07:34:17 am »

that show was awesome

sweetie
yalegirl23
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2007, 07:35:36 am »

I think that rory and jess shoould get back together there is so much more to their relationship. !

sweetie
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: March 23, 2007, 04:05:53 pm »

of course, Yalegirl23, Rory and Jess have so much more they could do! They're such an interesting couple. About this episode,though, I have a "discussion director" question.

Do you think that if Logan hadn't cheated on Rory, and she wasn't mad at him,she would have gone to Philly,without telling Logan?

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2007, 03:56:37 am »

I totally agree that there is more to the Jess and Rory story. There was never an ending to their relationship and their feelings and their connection. In alot of ways I don't think either of them have fully moved on or passed the other.  I hope they bring Jess back into the storyline but I doubt they will or can as Milo seems reluctant to return to the show.

Do you think that if Logan hadn't cheated on Rory, and she wasn't mad at him,she would have gone to Philly,without telling Logan?

I think I answered this earlier in the thread, but I do think that Rory would've gone to Philly regardless of her relationship, whatever the state it's in, with Logan. I said earlier that I thought her behaviour at the party would've been different, but I'm not so sure now. I think there is still a chemistry between Jess and Rory; they have a certain flirtatious energy hat is obvious. I don't think the kiss would've happened at all but I do think there would be an air of flirtation between them. On some level, I don't think they will ever just be "friends". There is always something more lying just under the surface, and I think that may be the problem in this episode. Maybe this is why people are seeing it as a goodbye and why it feels to some like a goodbye. Perhaps Jess is realising that he can't be aroundRory without wanting something more and Rory can't be around Jess without knowing there is something more.

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2007, 09:03:57 am »

I think she would have.  She's always traveled to see Jess. 
   Good episode.   But why didn't I know that Lorelai was a seamstress?  lol.

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2007, 12:15:25 pm »

I think that she probably would have gone after all she was invited and he is her 'friend' as she calls it!!!!

yalegirl23~they should sooooo get back together!!!

I love the start of this episode it's sooooooooooooo funny!!!
I also love the end when Lorelai throws the coffee on the dress!!!
But the bits in the middle with Rory and Jess aren't soooo good it's really sad!

i've said this before on here quite a few times but i just hate it when Jess says 'It is what it is, you, me' it's sooooooooooooooo sad it's like he's giving up on Rory.

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
pink7224
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2007, 09:22:13 pm »

rather weird show one of my favs but weird i mean i am a totall fan i have all the seasons on dvd and i have always loved it thank bye bye
RoryJessFan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Rory and Jess are totally cute couple

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2007, 11:08:13 pm »

This espiode is also one of my favorite espiode. I wished that in that espiode that Rory would have just have gone back to Jess and had dumped Logan but she didn't which I really was not happy because Logan was a jerk.

My Rory and Jess Signature and My Rory and Jess was made by Ali-Sama
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: