6.18 - The Real Paul Anka
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 06:48:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 106380 Members
Latest Member: BSchoenhe

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.18 - The Real Paul Anka
Poll
Question: What was your opinion of tonights episode?
Okay
Good
AWFUL
Awesome
I did not see it

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: 6.18 - The Real Paul Anka  (Read 61771 times)
missusmariano
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 06:46:28 pm »

I have to say Rory made me so angrey when she did that to Jess. Kiss him then tell him shes in love with Logan. I mean come on he cheated on her and probably is while hes at his live or death trip.

That's what my boyfriend said- that Logan was probably cheating on her right then haha.  It was kind of mean that she came there just to cheat on Logan.  Stupid girl, wake up and smell the coffee.  Jess is great and if he wants to kiss you, kiss him back!

rorylovesjess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 52

Plz call me Maddie...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 06:47:28 pm »

Oh and how do you get tour own icon?

banner made by unseen_shadows

Literati~JavaJunkie~Hamburger Hater~Flyswatter
Jaredloverforever
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 70

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »

The answer to your question can be found in the Av/Signature Request thread, as for the anger about the Real Paul Anka, please post that under the thread for that episode.The Real Paul Anka Episode Discussion I hope those help you to get your answers.  I know that you're new and don't know the rules yet, but we like to keep the forum all organized. If you have any questions feel free to post in the Q&A thread or PM me or one of the mods. Welcome to the board and Happy Posting.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:53:18 pm by Jaredloverforever » Logged
dearheartsxoxo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 06:52:48 pm »

ok yes tonights aired episode, yes i'm new, im saying hi...but yeah when she paces around the wedding dress and spills the coffee on it, does Anyone know the Music band song whatever that was playing, Thanks SOO much
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 06:54:35 pm »

I'm no huge Logan fan, but I honestly don't think he's about to further jeopardize things with Rory by cheating on her for real.  (By "for real" I mean while they're both under the assumption that they are in fact in a relationship.) 

I too thought the interaction with Luke and April was cute, especially when she was telling him she liked Freddy and she had to practically spell it out for him.  I also liked it at the poetry reading when he leaned over and whispered, "Is this any good?"  Hehe.

rorylovesjess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 52

Plz call me Maddie...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 06:54:49 pm »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Well I HATED the episode. Logan is a complete jerk and Rory belongs with him now that she has completly used the only boy she was ever meant to be with. 

banner made by unseen_shadows

Literati~JavaJunkie~Hamburger Hater~Flyswatter
laya-05
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

There was a moment.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 06:58:56 pm »

i havent seen it yet. its not on till 9.. and hah, its only 8.

i'll be sure to look out for the Alexis shirt though.

and yeah, on the previews it shows jess & rory leaning in to kiss, but i dont know. if they do (please dont say, i want to watch it Cheesy) its not like they're gonna get back together, cause milo wants his character ..jess.. to be killed off. and yeah, like jinglesosborne said, they're paying matt czerncyy (sp?) to come back for next year too..so ..yess..

Now that I've worn out, I've worn out the world
I'm on my knees in fascination
Looking through the night
And the moon's never seen me before,
But I'm reflecting light

---

Hit me with a season 8, baby.
jinglesosborne
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 07:00:48 pm »

I liked how the relationship between April and Luke is budding (though I'm sorry it's at the expense of Lorelai!).  I'm surprised, for as anal-retentive as Luke was about jam hands, he's actually cool with the thought his daughter likes a boy.  I suppose the sports bonding helps!

Now, if only we could see April and Lorelai bond so that Lorelai and Luke can bond ... hmmm.  At least Emily is trying.  Too bad April was on a math trip .. lol.

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mother’s wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish she’d give it back.
missusmariano
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 07:02:54 pm »

Now, if only we could see April and Lorelai bond so that Lorelai and Luke can bond ... hmmm.  At least Emily is trying.  Too bad April was on a math trip .. lol.

Grin  I'm so slow I thought that Emily was actually playing with some random townskid because she liked Stars Hollow and it whimsy!  I was wrong, but it was so nice of Emily to try!

Shania
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 07:22:06 pm »

would pouring coffee on a wedding dress ruining it?? i'm mean seriously can't that just be cleaned up.? dry clean or something.
the dress is ugly so i hope lane will be able to pick a dress to her liking. still it would have been nice if lane would have told her mother that she just wanted to chose her own wedding dress. afterall it is her wedding not mrs. kims.

i would love to see emily and richard move into stars hollow. i think that would be a hoot. even if it were only a weekend house or something.

i liked lorelai trying to destroy the bag luke had. didn't like luke not noticing.

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 07:27:53 pm »

i liked lorelai trying to destroy the bag luke had. didn't like luke not noticing.
Yes, it shows how she doesn't like it, yet she doesn't show it. (though she does, luke is just ablivious).

I can't belive Jess thought just because Rory came to his opening that they would get back together, though, I wish they had, it brough back old memories, and this definitely was the best episode all season, getting closer to what season 3 was like, not so much drama.

It also showed that Luke hasn't mentioned anything about Lorelai let alone Rory to April.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 07:40:41 pm »

Okay, it sounds like there's going to be quite a debate in here about this episode.  I loved it and I think it was one of the best written of this season.  I practically laughed out loud during every scene! I really hated Rory playing the jack@$$ role, but I guess it was deserved.  I'm so glad I taped the episode, because I'm rewinding it as I speak(write!).

For starters... The Dream!  That was hilarious and very classic Lorelai & Rory!  I was wondering how they were going to pull the 'real' Paul Anka in and it was great!  It was neat how they did the darker tone for the dream... my question is was he really on the show or did they just edit him in?  It looked a little strange, but then the dream was.

Luke's baggage issues:  Why did he take the disheleved bag, the Anna bag & the Lorelai bag?  I thought he was going to get new luggage because his other one was falling apart.  With all of the packing, did Luke where anything other than the plaid shirt & the blue hat?  Yes, once for the open house off the book store, he looked nice!  

Poor Lorelai.... I think the Dalhi Llama (sp, no offense) is going to meet April before her.

Feildtrip:  Luke was so cute trying to fit in the April.  He tried so hard to learn all of their names. THE SONG OF THE PERIODIC TABLE, so good.  I want to know the song that's based on.  Wasn't that was the Ray sang in Finding Nemo, I think so.  I gotta find it, anyone can help me.  So classic geek!  Loved every minute of it.    I really felt for him since he really didn't fit in with the parents.  And when he totally got along with April's crush and he was completely oblivious.  I really like the, "Are you old enough to date?  I got to look that up in a book!"  But when he gave her the sweater, she actually called her overprotective dad!  So cute!  

Mrs Kim!  Oh My!  Another mention of Mr.Kim and a 20 year annivesary.  Hmmmm.... is he  a ghost?  Pants, the dress was hideous.  So funny, it was incredible when Lane ran into Lorelai.  Poor Lane...incredible monologue.  

THE GILMORES: What are they up to?  They will not even give Lorelai a hint about their plans.  I actually liked how Lorelai was thinking of everything they wouldn't like.  The meth lab, trash smells, pot holes, car jacking..... so good.  I'm starting to wonder what's going on in Hartford and the home owners association.  If they are really trying to live in the Hollow it would set up a lot for next season.  Can you imagine the daily battering and then Richard & Emily at a town meeting.  I see Richard as the new town selectman in the future.... walmart is probably planning on moving in next year too!  I haven't seen them try to avoid Lorelai's questioning since the seperation last season.  Box factory?!?!?

APPLUADING...the town still exists & has not been forgotten! Hearts

LDB Event:  Sounds incredible.  I love Collin & Flynn, they have so improved the show.  It sounds like a fun plan!

Kirk's monologue about the house.  I can't wait to get that text.  So funny, the bats will die once you get rid of the cockroaches and the rats, the poisening, the indian burial ground, the murder-suicide pact.....!  So classic, this episode gave me a great abs workout.  ROFL!! Grin Grin

Jess's New Age Bookstore:  It fits, but it just seems a little eclectic.  I don't know.  Though I did like Luke trying to figue the Untitled abstract art peice.  I do feel like the scenes with his roomates were a little contrived though, in fact at first I thought Flynn was there with him.   The poetry reading was entertaining and I think I agreed with April's critique.

Taylor's Citations: So classic!   I'm surprised her parents didn't implicate her.  Aunt Polly?!

Logan & Rory:  Rory's anger was justified, but I really hated seeing her act that way.  (However it wouldn't hurt for Lorelai to act a big peeved, she has a major reason to be!)  I really felt for Logan, I don't even think Rory has ever humiliated anyone like that before.  Even when she struggled with Paris & others at Chilton she did it in a classy way.  At the newpaper office their confrontation didn't even seem like someone in a relation ship and what she did with his assigned topic was very immature.  Was Rory trying to 'cheat' on Logan in any public way that she could and this is where you anger went?  

Jess & Rory:  Jess is still hopelessy in love with Rory, but they have both moved in other directions.  Probably a hard scene to act since they are actually together in real life. It was good to see JEss & Rory together though(my old literati heart goes on in another time & plane).   I knew it would be him that would push her back to Logan.  Logan % Rory do really care for each other and I can't wait to see the make up.

Emily & Sissy(surrogate April)- I really like what Emily told Lorelai about getting to know Luke's daughter.  It makes sense and I actually wouldn't mind if Emily goes behind her back somewhere.  I liked how she really wanted to get to know Luke's daughter.

Okay there's my ramble and 2 cents.  I really loved this episode and it probably explains why I couldn't think of much better adjectives for my ramble.  LOVED IT! Hearts

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
Jaredloverforever
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 70

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 07:46:56 pm »

All discussions about an episode should be under the thread for that episode. Please take this discucssion over to the thread devoted to this subject. I'll modify with the link.
The Real Paul Anka Episdoe Discussion Thread.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 07:47:00 pm »

I think it was the "everything's fixed" thing that got him thinking she might want to be with him.  At least that she was single and there was a possibility.  He obviously assumed that Logan being in the picture was one of the things that needed to be fixed.

Why couldn't Rory just have an honest conversation with Logan, instead of trying to pay him back when he's out of town?  Was it fair to Jess?  I still really wish he didn't think of her that way.  Their rapport as friends is much better, imo.  And, Rory's pretty passive aggressive.

would pouring coffee on a wedding dress ruining it?? i'm mean seriously can't that just be cleaned up.? dry clean or something.

I don't know.  Maybe in real life it could just be cleaned, but it seemed to be implied that she was ruining it.  Otherwise, why throw the coffee on it?  What point would there be to do something that could just get dry cleaned and wouldn't help Lane get out of wearing it?  

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 07:50:48 pm »

wow, haha, you are right, that was long! Wink

I agree I didn't like Rory too much.  She was good with the whole April thing, but I didn't like how she treated Jess.

To answer your question, the real Paul Anka was on the show, you can go to the spoiler thread and there is a link to an interview with him, he really enjoyed it.

Yes, Lanes dress was halarious!  Haha, I love at the end how Lorelai just spills her coffee on it! Cheesy
I was also hoping though that Lorelai would fix it by making it look completly different but being the same basic dress, bringing back some of her dress making skills.

my two guesses about EMily and Richard-1. they are buying a house for themselves AHH!! I hope not!  Too much invasion of Lorelai.

2. they are buying a house for a wedding present for Luke and Lorelai, again, I hope not because they just redid their house and they love it.

I feel bad for Lorelai with the Emily sceen, because, she does want to get to know April, everything Emily said is true, and Lorelai knows it, but Luke doesn't want her to meet him, so....ya.  I feel bad because lorelai has been hiding her true feelings from everyone becids sookie and rory.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:51:56 pm by mela489 » Logged

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: