GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 16, 2021, 09:19:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should they make a Gilmore Girls movie?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 138
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Thread  (Read 400454 times)
Janich O
« Reply #1215 on: October 02, 2006, 02:30:15 pm »

Ali:
Do you meen Amidala becomes a wimp? If so, I think you should try to get "in" her (yes, I know Grin).
She just lost her love - and it is a deap, deap love - to what she is most agenst. Non-freedom. And he treads her like shit too. And her world order is falling too.
Ok, my words won't come down right, but;
Everything she ever belived in, everything she ever hoped for, is destroyed. And as she see it, forever. All is lost.
She should have stayed to care for the little ones. But come on. Give the woman a break. She's only human.

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:31:42 pm by Janich O » Logged
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

Community Points: 251

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 02, 2006, 05:43:01 pm »

i guess you are right janich.its been a while since i saw the movie anyways (i think it came out here in 2003?).and yes i did mean wimp.  Embarrassed

jodieflips
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 44

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 02, 2006, 08:09:50 pm »

That sounds right.

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 25, 2006, 10:07:54 am »

I saw The Prestige this weekend, I thought it was done very well.  It interweaves quite a few timelines, but it doesn't get that confusing.  I love how the show leaves you guessing until the very last scene, not many movies do that anymore.  It also starred Hugh Jackman, Chris Bale and Micheal Kane --- so the movie will forever be Batman vs. Wolverine in my head.  Wink  It was good and I'd recommend it, but can get a little 'bloody' at times, but not that bad.  All I want to say, is those poor birds!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 25, 2006, 02:55:03 pm »

poor birdies!i remember that part-the kids was right! Cry
i didn't really get that movie though.i might have to go see it again with Katie (she went the first time too) adn mabe we'll get it more.....

dani
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 27, 2006, 07:13:49 pm »

You didn't get it?  I just saw it a couple of days ago and I thought it was brilliant (especially David Bowie, I<3 him).  There was alot of twists, but the main twist was the chracter.  I could see the other twists coming, but not about the chracter and how far he would go.  The basic mainframe of the movie is their are 2 magicians who became rivals and tried over coming each other with either illusion or science that was beyond imagination, but obsessions can get the best of you so it's always best to let things rest.  It was a great movie.  If you guys have any questions about it let me know, I don't like to spoil it for anyone else.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 27, 2006, 07:32:57 pm »

I liked the meaning of the show too Dani and you summed it up perfectly.  The question was whether or not the charectors would let the obsession rule their lives?  I think that can prove a point for all of us, we all have our little or BIG obession and we all need to learn how to survive with them and NOT let them take over our lives.  (David Bowie was in it?!  I'm so clueless!)

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
dani
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 28, 2006, 03:59:56 pm »

That was even better that way. And David Bowie was the Tesla scientist.
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 04, 2006, 05:02:14 pm »

I just saw Maid in Manhattan

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 04, 2006, 05:32:21 pm »

That's a cute movie...I like JLO in that.  I'm watching Uptown Girls on ABC fam, it's quite slow so far!

Cars comes out on tuesday, yeah!!!!!!!

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 04, 2006, 05:35:28 pm »

I've seen Uptown Girl's I thought it was a cute movie...but I can't really remember it that good. I'm in love with A Walk to Remember right now, I watch it atleast 3 times a day. Shane West is dead sexy~! Cheesy Hearts My brother's gonna buy me the book tomorrow, the movie was great so gotta read the book.

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 04, 2006, 06:32:44 pm »

Okay, I've been meaning to ask, but who the heck is Shane West!  I know you're probally shocked, but I don't know what he's in.  PLease forgive me!

Well, so far Uptown Girls is kind of boring, but it's fun to see Dakota Fanning as an OCD freak.  Lol!  I'm such a girl, I'm in such a sappy mood the final scene is making me ball!   Cry  If any of you have seen it before, it's the dance recital with all of the guitars!  It's incredible, but it was slow to get there!

(hey have you seen my emoticons on the spree thread for your caps reward!?) 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 06:59:49 pm by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 05, 2006, 03:39:51 pm »

Shane West plays the "famous" Ray on ER.

I have seen two good movies recently.
The Village:
A clever and twisted movie. I really liked. For those of you out there that are too scared to see it, poo. It is not scary at all. It just really makes you think. If you are the kind that can follow a rather confusing story line, and like  to think a little bit, this is definately the movie for you.
The Guardian:
I LOVED this movie. I am a little biast because I absolutely 'love' Ashton Kutcher. I went into it just expecting to sit there like a little puppy and drool the whole time. I was pleasantly suprised when an actual story line showed up. It has a combination of happiness and sorrow, humor and seriousness, and of course, love and heartbreak. I would definately give this movie a rating of four stars!

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 05, 2006, 08:22:53 pm »

Melissa~ You don't know who Shane West is~!? Shocked He's so hott...I want to marry Shane and Milo. Smitten I can handle. Cheesy Yes he does play Ray on E.R. but I haven't watched a whole episode yet. I want to though, he also comes out in A Walk to Remember. You should watch it, that's my favorite movie. Then comes Romy and Michelles High School Reunion. Cheesy

The Gaurdian, I haven't seen it yet. It didn't really interest me...but I might go see it. I heard The Village wasn't good, that's why I didn't go watch it. Tonight I seen Saw III, it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought the first two were great* this one was a bit of a disappointment. It didn't scare me, it had some pretty graphic parts though. Has anyone seen it?

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 05, 2006, 08:33:46 pm »

hmmm.brenda I don't know who shane west is either.so that makes two of us (me and Melissa)

The Guardian-God I loved that movie.I went,because my mom dragged me into the theater,and I came out crying,which is something I hadn't done in 6 years i'll have you know.So it truely made me sad.It hit pretyt close to home,making it sadder,because my friend Katie (my best friend,and shes 13 also) is in Search and Rescue and does the ocean missions,and the waves around here are scary,super cold water,and she dives into shark infested waters (well,there have been shark attacks near there) and rescues people with her dogs (the cutest dogs ever too) it made me really think.Think about how every weekend when she goes out,she might not come back because of the hidden rocks and godknowswhat under the surface (search and rescue members have died here before,its very sorrowful)-it made me sad for the men in the movie.so theres my story for that-just sharing.

The Village,i liked it,but its not in my top 20.just not..........."top 20 material."Grin

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 138
  Print  

Jump to: