GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 16, 2021, 10:02:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Gilmore Girls hold such a special place in your heart?  (Read 35640 times)
tully
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 05:29:49 pm »

Coffee Coffee Coffee
Good topic!  Congrats on your posts that is dedication! Celebrate

I loved this show for soo many reasons!  Mainly THE RELATIONSHIPS!  The writing was incredible and the humor was off the charts. So smart and fast!  So well delivered.  I mean you have to watch it more then once to get all the references and smart retorts.   

I really loved the story line of Richard and Emily.  My grandmother went to Smith, my mother Oberlin and father Yale.  We grew up with old money.  Mostly, it was my grandmothers and her life style was similar in the dinners, big home, who is who in that community.  We were brought up on classical music, the importance of education and manners!  We were not sports fans so I could relate to a lot of the characters and their interests.  If you notice, most of them are more in their heads then running on a field.

In a way, this was a more artsy show, for lack of a better word.  I really liked the dynamic of Emily and Lorelai.  I liked watching the relationship of Richard and Rory evlove.  How much they connected. 

I loved the town and the folks.  Some of the best scenes were the town meetings!  They added such character and you always wish you lived in a town like that.  I liked that it was intelligent.  No cussing, no nudity, no in the gutter kind of stuff.  We have become sooooo over exposed to it and frankly it isn't entertaining!  Amy is incredibly creative and used her mind and words.  It just doesn't get better than that! 

Paris was a hoot and I loveeeed Doyle.  Really all the guys are just soo good in this!  Can't forget Sookie or Jackson. What a perfect match!  She was one of my favorite, if not, favorite characters.  I would froget she was acting she really seemed like a chef!  The Norman Mailer I am pregnant episode was just hilarious! 

The story lines with Ms. Kim and Lane were so unique and different.  They both played off each other so well.  You understood them.  The town was made up of a ton of interesting people.   

And, the names!  I mean the names of the characters are just great!   

I loved the idea of the knight in shining Armor.  We saw it with Luke and Logan.  I mean yea it is fantasy but everyone likes to dream!  Luke was just so cute yet such a nudge!  Logan was another great character.  All of her characters are not one dimensional and I think that is what made it soo good!  I loved Luke's rants and Lorelai's bits.  Again the humor and all the references.  Seriously, people just don't get it until they have really watched it, you know? 

Well, I could go on and on but it is my shut down time.  Maybe I will post more tomorrow.  I mean we probably all have soo much to say of why we loved this show.  I am just scratching the surface Shocked!
Peace out, Tully Kiss 
Claudia
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 02:32:05 pm »

I love the special mother-daughter relationship, maybe because I never had that with my mother. You can feel the love just by watching them talk to each other and I think that's .. well - special =)

Life is short, so talk fast Smiley
cherrypie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2007, 02:57:02 pm »

Gilmore girls is great but the real reason it holds such a special place in my heart is because each sunday evening (i'm in ireland!) my mum and i would sit at 6pm and watch gilmore girls together and thats what made it so special to me!!

*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 01:50:58 am »

there is many reasons.the main one is Lorelai she was the one who made me hold on to the show at first.I just thought she was so funny but I also noticed how the show is well written.the inteligence in it.we're rarely see television show like Gilmore Girls.I loved the dialogues the cararcters and the fabulous actors.all of them they all have something special.Although Lorelai is my favorite fallowed by luke I must say that I love them all and the actors did such a wonderful jobs during those 7 years.I really miss GG!

LaurenGrahamFan
Town Resident

Community Points: -34

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 09:22:56 am »

Claudia, you have a nice pic of Lorelia in a seated position on the left side of your post.  Do you know where I can find a full-size version?

I love the town, the people, and Lorelai's beauty.
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 08:55:32 pm »

Why does Gilmore Girls hold such a special place in your heart?

It has a place in my heart because. It was a show that i could watch every tuesday
at 8 oclock for an hour. An hour of Love,Happyness,or sadness.
it aways made my day. if im having a bad day. i watch it. it makes me
feel so much better. When i watch it. i leave my troubles behind.
Its the one show i can count on to make me Happy,
now that its over. i cant find another show like that.
i still catch my self on tuesdays at 8 turning on the CW and
relise its not on and say to my self. "its not the same"
its really sad. i wish there was a way to show the cast how misrabe there
fans are without the show. i wish....
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2008, 07:50:33 am »

Its like i tell my friends, Gilmore Girls is not just a tv show its memories, love, and it is GREAT. No matter what Gilmore Girls will always be in my #1 book. My family and friends are always telling me that it is just a stupid showand i will be over it in  about a year. They say that cause i used to love Full House, but i am always telling them that this show is different its more special and it is intresting. (full house bored me to death) I will always love Gilmore girls!

Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2008, 05:38:48 pm »

Why does GG hold a special place in my heart?

The second I found out the show was cancelled, I just had such knots in my stomach and had tears streaming down my face.  When I talk to people about the fact that it ended, I still get choked up.  People think I'm crazy!  Who ever would have thought a 39 year old woman would get so attached to a "show"??  I never thought I would have, but I did.

Since I am a 39 year old single mom like Lorelai was, I could always relate to her.  I remember this one particular scene in Secrets and Loans when she is explaining to Luke that as much as she is proud of herself for being independent, sometimes it would be nice to have that other person to be there for her to let the cable guy in, etc...  That scene just hit home with me.  I used to have kind of a Luke in my life as well , and that was always the reason I was always routing for Luke and Lorelai to finally get together. 

I just loved the chemistry between the actors and the relationsihips and quirkiness of the town.  Its been so nice to watch all of the characters evolve over the years, and to watch Rory grow up and Logan smarten up (they never should have had these two characters break up in my opinion-not believable after everything they went through together). 

When I try to explain the way the show made me feel, and how I would put everything else on hold in my life just to watch a new episode on Tuesday nghts., people just don't understand.  The characters became like friends, and with the end of the show, I feel like I lost my friends.

~KRISTIN~
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 05:25:22 am »

"Cinnamon's Wake" is the episode that got me into the show. I just loved the episode especially the Lorelai/Max scene, they were so well written, funny and fast. It was so great after that but still, that episode remains one of the most special episodes to me, i watched it like million times.

Gilmore Girls is not my fave show but it's on my list. I like that it's a show you can watch often without getting bored. It's a show that never get old. I like the sense of closness in the show, how everyone seem to know everyone. How unexpected characters get to be friends like Rory & Paris. How family and friends seem to be what the show is all about.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:26:25 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:58 pm »

I really like Gilmore Girls. It is a great, smart, funny, sad, happy, agravating show with great characters and great actors playing the characters that make me want to watch it as much as possible even now that it is gone, well other then the reruns.  What makes Gilmore Girls hold such a special place in my heart really is that it makes me think of my mother who passed away a few years ago.  She and I had a great Lorelai/ Rory type relationship my whole life until she passed away.  My daughters had an even better than an Emily/Rory type relationship with her.  I feel that my daughters and I have a Lorelai/Rory type relationship where we can say any thing to each other and have so much fun doing stuff together.  We support and stand up for each other.  We even watch Gilmore Girls together.  I thank my lucky stars that there isn't a Lorelai/Emily type relationship in my life.  Even my mother in-laws (yes, I have two) get along really great. 

WOW, sorry about that.  That was so sappy yet so true. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2008, 06:35:37 am »

I have no idea. Huh

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 03:08:18 pm »

I think for me, the number one thing that really shows how much this show has meant to me is the fact that after a year of it not airing new/fresh episodes, it still means just as much to me now as it did then. I don't think I've ever had a show effect my life as Gilmore Girls has. Though I was a huge Friends fan and had come to really love all the Friends characters, there was something about the way the Gilmore Girls really stole my heart.

As we just witnessed the anniversary of the last episode being aired a few weeks ago, I had time to think about the thoughts that had been with me a year ago when the show's last episode aired. The same thoughts and feelings that I had experienced then, are with me yet today in regards to Gilmore Girls. The characters had become like my friends, my family. They allowed me to go through life with them, taking away from or escaping my own life for an hour each week. It was the characters of Gilmore Girls that gave me so many lessons learned, new ways of thinking, so many laughs and smiles, and helped me to manage my own life through various times. Though they were characters on a fictional television show, they were real in my heart. And in a non-psycho way, they have really added value to my own real life. And lastly but certainly not least, the friends that have been added to my life through this beautiful show are amazing! If not for Gilmore Girls, I would not have the added value of friendships that I hope to keep for a lifetime!

One of the things I love best about the show, the characters, and the story is that no matter when I decide to watch it, it picks me up and holds me tight. No matter why I have the desire to watch the show, it's always there for me. It's always able to make things better - by the characters, the storyline, the journey that it takes you on. I will never get tired of watching the same episode over and over, I always find something new about it and absolutely love that!!

I appreciate the Gilmore Girls, Amy S-P, the CW, and all the fans so very much for giving me so much in life! And to this day, as I re-watch my dvd's of various episodes and seasons, I am left smiling with the knowledge that I'm still learning new things, that I'm still able to get the feeling that someone understands, that someone's there...the Gilmore Girls! The show is one of the most beautiful and amazing things that has ever been created and for that I'm eternally grateful!

It's so refreshing and amazing to see how this incredible show has touched the lives of others and has made other people's lives complete! It's great coming to this thread to see the value that others have in the show and how they feel about the show and it's value to those that watch it. It's so evident that this show is so much more than just a show...!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:11:13 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
forfun
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 07:57:21 pm »

Gilmore Girls holds a special place in my heart, because I started watching this show about the second or third episode of season one after a very depressing 15th birthday, and watching the ramblings and rants helped me lodge myself out of the emotional hole I was in....

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2009, 08:10:13 pm »

GG is like a hot steamin cup of coffee, tea or cocoa on a rainy/cold winter day.

Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: