6.17 - I'm OK, You're OK
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 01:16:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100074 Members
Latest Member: sqdmtzje82

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.17 - I'm OK, You're OK
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: 6.17 - I'm OK, You're OK  (Read 35853 times)
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2006, 05:45:04 pm »

I thought it was absolutly hillarious watching Zack && Ms.Kim work on that song together. i'm not sure if its a hit..but i like it. LOL.

I really liked when that large woman was trying on clothes and Anna was like "Oh no..trust me, I'm your best friend right now." That just cracked me up.

I really like her store..it looks really cool Pleased

I think the reason Emily//Richard dont know..is because Lorelai doesnt want to tell them. She's still holding out ((in my opinion)), in her mind, for a June 3rd wedding. And, if she tells her parents that its postponed, then she's kinda giving up on that.

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
cranky
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

certified GG fan

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2006, 02:54:09 pm »

Hey, I dont get this... Emily and Richard looking for a house in Stars Hollow just to be around Lorelai and Luke. I feel it will make Lorelai's life more difficult ... no matter how much she has reconciled with her parents.
On second thoughts... is the Twickham House still available?
That would be a good place huh? Tongue
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 03:04:03 pm by cranky » Logged

Lorelai: I don't want to be Mrs. "Hayden Planeterium" for the rest of my life, I'm Lorelai Gilmore, without the Gilmore, it's like 'Gil-(you know)less' Smiley)
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2006, 04:51:07 pm »

I think Kurt and Lulu moved in there when Luke passed.
That law about denigrating Stars Hollow was a classic touch. "Go ahead and write me a ticket, Taylor." LOL

MySuicidalTurtle
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2006, 05:22:59 pm »

The song that Zack and Mrs. Kim wrote, "The Big Commotion," is fake or is it a real song?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 05:35:36 pm by MySuicidalTurtle » Logged
Xander
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2007, 03:48:34 pm »

The song that Zack and Mrs. Kim wrote, "The Big Commotion," is fake or is it a real song?

I want to know it too! I really like this song, can someone answer this question?!
thanks 4 all
Nat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2007, 09:54:11 pm »

I love the beginning of this episode. Doyle and Paris are absolutely hilarious. I was watching this a few days ago and i just kept rewinding the first scene over and over again.

gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2007, 01:14:11 pm »

The song was really good
homegrown_bliss
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2007, 05:05:00 am »

Lets go write a hit! hahaha

*-_anne_-*
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2008, 12:08:03 pm »

Writing a hit song isn't that easy nowadays.  Especially in the state of the music industry where it's all about the most banging hit or the most sentimental ballad to be in the service of the record company executives.

Zach is definitely talented enough and he might even be lucky if it manages to hit the Modern Rock charts.  Love that Mrs. Kim helped him and her mentioning the Dave Clark Five is added cool points.  They're a very underrated band that is finally getting some recognition. 

The cracks between Luke and Lorelai are starting to show as he's trying to focus his attention on April and she's dealing with the postponing the wedding. 

The opening scene of Rory and Paris confronting their boyfriends was funny.  Paris giving Logan a piece of her mind was great.  Logan is clueless about things.  I know Rory hasn't fully forgiven him but at least is trying to let him redeem himself.  Paris and Doyle making up and having angry sex... whoa...

Richard and Emily considering to buy real estate at Stars Hollow.  Wow... I liked the dinner at the Crap Shack.  In fact, they should have more dinners at the Crap Shack with Luke cooking.  Plus, the Crap Shack should be expanded into Mega-Crap Shack with more rooms and a dining room for FND. 

Rory going to see Anna's place and I think Lorelai is a bit jealous because Anna is Luke's ex-girlfriend and is even more that Anna gave him a bag when Lorelai was looking for one.  The wedge is starting to become more evident. 
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2008, 09:00:09 am »

It bugs me that Rory never points out that even if they were broken up, it didn't take him long.  And that sleeping with people is a big deal, no matter what he says about it.  AND that he didn't just sleep with one, but a whole bunch.  Or maybe she did point that last part out.  Anyway, I don't think his points were very good at all.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:51 pm »

The look on Lorelai's face upon learning that Anna sent PUKE that nice leather travel bag...

Oh yeah, it's the beginning of the end.

Note: PUKE will be his name for now, since I'm not that pleased with him these days.

gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2009, 12:27:41 pm »

the beginning of this episode was sooo funny! what paris said to logan and then paris and doyle and rory walking on them well yeah! I love how lorelai said i think it was... oh! "take that wall away and you've got nacy grace camping out on miss patty's lawn for a month." 

sid
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2009, 07:44:37 am »

Just watched this and there are a number things that niggle me about this episode.

1) I can accept that Logan thinks it is totally acceptable to sleep with other women when him and Rory were 'broken up' for thirty seconds but to me the fact that he didn't tell her what had happened when they were apart then to let Rory walk into a room with them and not expect them to tell her is not only stupid but arrogant in the extreme and then blame the women he had slept with for telling her - he called them 'vipers' and that I find totally unacceptable and I'm guessing he didn't use the word bitches instead because the writers got told no to that word to describe them.

These are women are not only women he chose to sleep with, but are also are his sister's friends calling them vipers is out of order and making out that them and by definition Rory's reaction were wrong isn't right.  What does that say what he really thinks of the women he is with?   

I know they were meant to be a stereotype stupid airhead moneyed bimbos but even they deserve a little respect as actually they didn't do anything wrong as they slept with a guy who told them had split with his girlfriend and there was no malice in the way they told Rory, they were just having a good time and talking, for all they knew Logan had already told Rory everything that he had done when they were apart.  Why does Logan think he has the right to call them vipers and make out they were in the wrong.

For Rory to simply go back with him after that and his little speech, even if she is actually put out by his behaviour I just don't get. 

Actually listening to his little speech, in which he tries to get out of the situation actually made me cringe a little and smacks of a possible dangerous precedent in their relationship if they had stayed together as he is effectively saying that he is only learning to grown up because of Rory, he can be her boyfriend, he can be faithful to her when she tells him that they are together.  It puts way too much onus on her in the relationship and gives him the latitude to do what he wants and say to her that she is in a way to blame as she didn't tell him he couldn't before he went and did it and she doesn't call him on it.  instead she follows on dutifully holding her tongue at that point.

For her to go with him after he said what he did including the part when he called the bridesmaids vipers makes Rory come off as more than a little pathetic as it gives Logan too much licence to do what he wants.  I would have had a little more respect for her if she told him to go away and come back the next day to let her sleep on what he had said, not to say that she was going to tell Paris she was leaving and effectively trot off after Logan straight after his speech, even if she did eventually spend some time not talking to him when she went to Stars Hollow to see her mother.

But hey, I suppose this is Rory who lets herself be pushed around by the 'real' loves of her life (i.e. Jess and Logan) and treats the guys who are or would be willing to mess up their lives for her, like dirt (Marty and Dean)

2) I know it was meant to be a funny moment - Luke ringing the doorbell, Lorelai going and getting it and say her parents were there causing him to turn and leave with out saying a word but they are engaged, wouldn't he have a key to the house?  Why did he have to ring the bell?  Before they were engaged he had no problems getting in to fix things so why does he need to ring the bell now?  Did he lose his key and I missed it or was it due to the remodelling? 

Can someone please enlighten me?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:57:26 am by sid » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: