6.17 - I'm OK, You're OK
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 01:58:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 106345 Members
Latest Member: SLXF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.17 - I'm OK, You're OK
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: 6.17 - I'm OK, You're OK  (Read 36166 times)
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 09:11:51 pm »

hello hello!! i'm a new member and this is my first post (can you feel the excitement?just kidding Tongue)

anyways i just saw this episode a couple of hours ago and it was pretty good! i loved the whole lane/ms kim/zack part of this episode! im still kind of shocked over ms kim proposal, i thought she would have made him read the bible or something.. but yeah i dont really agree with rory ''forgiving'' logan so easily but i guess it wasnt really his fault..

as for the whole lorelai/luke plot... wow i just keep getting more and more dissapointed in lorelai as the episodes go by! she really needs to stand up for herself.. who knows maybe she'll just spazz and throw a coffee cup at luke (preferably with the coffee still in it).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:24:48 pm by eternity-love » Logged

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
Islgrl81
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 09:14:36 pm »

For me tonight's episode was ok. I hate seeing Lorelai so uncomfortable with the Luke and April thing.  I really can't wait for next weeks episode, its going to be good.
lilrabbitangel14
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 31

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 09:19:33 pm »

Okay todays episode was good. not great, just good. lets go in chronological order..the beginning.
I loved that little moment between Paris and Rory. I have always loved their storyline and just to see two friends get along was awesome. At the beginning i thought Rory gave up too easily..but the more the show went on. The more i understand it. She didnt completely forgive him but she gets what he is saying. Those thigns take time.
Lorelai and Luke's beginning was great too..loved the referenced, i actually laughed. They acted like a couple and they were really sweet. I was smiling when i watched that little scene.
I loved Lane/Rory/Lorelai interaction, it reminded me of the early seasons and i loved it. Lane's storyling always interest me. Marriage i am not so sure about..but i think Zack and Lane do work together. Zack is being really senceier. When i first read the spoilers..i didnt get why Mrs KIm wanted Zack to write a song..but now i do. he wants her to suppose his family using what they love best. I think that was really sweet. I am beginning to really like Mrs Kim.
Rory going to Anna's store...i thought that was sweet. I like anna...even though i dnt like the plot. She was sweet and nice. I actually understand Lorelai. Luke is being a jerk. You dont ask someone this isnt bothering you, is it? Who ask that? be more considerate! I think Lorelai doesnt wanna lose Luke and part of her thinks she will. He is postponing the wedding. He is being distant. He is getting closer to April, all things point to not her. The only way she thinks she can keep Luke is to ignore it. She cant handle it, so she doesnt deal. Classic Lorelai. If i were her..i do that same. I mean if she does voice her concern..she will think that her and Luke would be over. Its not like Luke is helping her anyways.
Luggage...why does he keep saying no to Lorelai? i dnt get it...ugh i really dont like Luke at this moment. When he was saying your okay with this right? I was yelling at the screen.  Angry
minus the ending..this was a good episode. Better than the last couple one.

Emily: What kind of mother are you to allow this to happen to her?
Lorelai: Oh, I dont know, Mom. What kind of mother were you?

java junkies <33 Lauren graham
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 643

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 09:23:31 pm »

A few quick thoughts ...

Liked:
- The Lorelai/spider bit in the beginning because that's how I trap bugs.
- Paris and Rory getting back to being 'friends.'
- Michel calling Rory "Little Lorelai."

Disliked:
- They are really playing out the whole 'Luke is clueless about Lorelai's feelings.'  As much as I'd like Lorelai to express her thoughts, I think it's more realistic for her to keep everything inside and stay out of it (like she has been doing), than for Luke to be oblivious to everything ... which seems to go against his personality for the last five seasons.

Just my two cents, but what do I know ... I'm only a webmaster. Smiley

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
PseudoLorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 09:33:09 pm »

Okay, personally I thought the first 45 minutes of the episode were hilarious.  I was little cracking up with the bugs and then the Luke's Diner scene at the beginning and the Lorelai ranting about Final Destonation 3 (I totally know where she's coming from) and the Dragonfly scene with Rory/Michel and Lorelai 'inviting' Emily and Richard to dinner.  Seriously I would just list the whole thing because I was laughing so hard.  And that moment when Lorelai opened the door to Luke, told him her parents were the and he walked away, serously, the best moment of the season.  I almost died.  It actually seemed like old times, like I was watching a 3rd season episode or somethe for awhile, which is slightly odd in that Luke and Lorelai weren't together then or Lane and Zack, but you get my meaning.

But then Rory going to Anna's?  I know they had to work in Anna a little but Rory should have listened to Lorelai.  I was totally cheering Lorelai on in that whole argument, because I wouldn't want to know either.  I wouldn't want to compare myself to the former girlfriend of the man I'm married.  I'd just be happy that he didn't choose her, he chose me, and be done with it.  And is Anna supposed to be Lorelai only shorter?  Dying Sherrlyn's hair brown.  Single unmarried mother.  Loves antigue originals.  She's shorter, that's the one specific difference I can see.

The only thing that bugged me, as apparently it diid everyone, was that scene at the end.  Now I'm spoiler free so I have no idea what's coming, but I was truly conflicted.  I half agreed with Luke's side and was yelling at Lorelai just to be 1st-3rd season Lorelai and speak her mind.  But then, really Luke should have known his fiance wouldn't be okay with him accepting a gift from his ex when he had already agreed Lorelai could get it for him.  At least this time he did seem to notice that she was a little upset by this.  I don't know, all very confusing to me.  I'm torn.  Mostly because I'm usually on Lorelai's side with almost everything. 

And the Rory/Logan thing.  Ug.  Even if they were broken up.  Even if they both knew it.  How long did it take him to find himself in someone else's bed?  And when I say someone else's, I mean 3 someone else's?  How much did Rory really mean to him?  I don't know it seemed to be a pretty weak excuse.  But I hate Logan, so what can I say? 

As for the previews for this episode, like I believe them anymore?  They really had me going thinking that Lorelai's whole "you have got to be kidding me" was a fight with Luke or something at least in that regard.  And then they cut that view, not that line, but that footage of it.  I'm done considering the previews anymore.
abby
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 09:35:22 pm »

Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me out? The station I was watching the show on cut the ending because I guess it ran too long, or maybe just the credits. Does anything else happen after Logan asks Rory if she's ok and she says she's fine? And what was the preview for next weeks episode? I would look it up but I don't want to see any spoilers. Thanks!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 09:43:49 pm »

I'm guessing Doyle wearing Rory's coat is going to be a dropped plot point.  Because if Paris found out, that would be yet another feud between them. 

I think it would have been more realistic if Rory said she believed him, but she needed time, and wasn't ready to move back in.  But, of course, they had to engineer it so Doyle and Paris made up, giving her a reason to jump back into living with him. 

Lorelai refrenced Charlotte's Web!  Another reason to love her.  Notice she didn't want the spider killed.  Just taken away.  I'm the same way.

I actually think Sherilyn Fenn's hair is naturally dark. In everything else I've seen her in, she's had dark hair.  When she played Sasha, the blonde hair was dyed.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Shania
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 09:58:40 pm »

And is Anna supposed to be Lorelai only shorter? Dying Sherrlyn's hair brown. Single unmarried mother. Loves antigue originals. She's shorter, that's the one specific difference I can see.

well i can see another difference between the two and that is when lorelai found out as a teenage that she was pregnant she told chris, whereas Anna as a grown woman didn't see any need to inform luke

PseudoLorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 10:00:34 pm »

Okay, sure, maybe Anna's hair is not dyed brown.  But still when I saw that scene with Anna in the store the only words out of my mouth were, are they trying to make her like Lorelai? I mean personalitywise.  I guess it's just me. 
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 10:10:24 pm »

I wonder if Paris' rant to Logan will have some effect.  I mean, she had some very pointed things to say about how he was a waste and no one would miss him. I wonder if that will make Logan either decide to devote himself to the newspaper business or to go off and find something else.  Kick that one door shut and open a new one.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
whatsername0137
Diner Regular

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 10:45:13 pm »

thats a very good question.  it will be very interesting to see what happens.  paris sure did do a good job telling him like it is.  go paris!  i dont know which option i would perfer more.... the newpaper business, or just leaving to do something else?

Rory: Let's just play it cool.
Jess: Hey, I'm Frank at the Sands.
Rory: That's cool.

<3  Gilmore Girls  <3
giliris
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 12:52:25 am »

PLEASE- HELP!

Does anyone know what song was playing inside of Ana's store during this episode??

I've listened to the tivo recording a thousand times but it just sounds like gibberish! All I can make out is, "just like white light I don't mind keeping"...

PS. Did anyone notice that tonight's episode of Scrubs referenced GG??
"Mother and daughter speak so fast but so true"
Culwings
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 04:37:20 am »

The Zach / Lane lines where very nice and it showed that Zach was being sincere about the wedding and all off it .

The Michel Part i liked as always brilliant . " Little Lorelai " is going to be a classic.

Now to the annoying part of this episode....Rory ....I´m sort of starting to hate her that stuck up something who´s always centre of attention to everybody.

as Logan i wouldn´t have started a scene like that because logan is right ...they were brocken up and rory actually confirmed that.

from a previous episode "you don´t get to care were i live anymore Logan we are broken up remember.  that line must  have been remembered by somebody .

As of now i don´t like rory anymore.

Luke and Lorelai different story ........she should just get out in the open with all that

Java Junkie, Headliner and Gilmore Guy
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 07:12:42 am »

The episode was okay, not the best but it's better than a re-run. Does anyone remember when Lorelai wasn't telling Rory everything she knew about Anna and she was saying that she was really pretty and suff? I don't think she's that pretty, not as much as Lorelai at least. Same with Rachel, everybody said that she was so pretty but I don't think she was prettier than Lorelai. I don't know, that's just how I feel.

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 08:27:18 am »

First, I LOVED Paris this episode and her attack on Logan, it was great! It seemed like Rory to just forgive Logan and then go away for awhile. I think she had picked that up from her mom, who does not voice her opinion either. I am sick of her just saying that everything is OK with her, she needs to talk to Luke! I loved that Rory and Lorelai we together almost the entire show (movie talk!!), miss that and I want more! This show was the show that sold me on Zak and Lane, I was unsure of Zak reasoning for asking Lane to marry. I think that they are really cute and I love Miss Kim!! I can't wait until the wedding and next tuesday!!

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: