Beauty Q&A Thread
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 08:02:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Beauty Q&A Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39 Print
Author Topic: Beauty Q&A Thread  (Read 133056 times)
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 06:37:55 am »

Yeah smoking...BAD. Have you noticed that a lot of older smokers tend to get those vertical wrinkels above their month....from moving those muscles of the month a lot. The best anti-smoking add ever!

Also stay out of the sun...bad for the skin. Sure a small amount is good...for the mind, but sunbathing is bad.

LORELAI: Oh, dont be embarrassed Snuffy, Im just teasing. Itd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

sternen-nest
Town Selectman

Community Points: 241

[ katrin ]

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 07:02:46 am »

Also stay out of the sun...bad for the skin. Sure a small amount is good...for the mind, but sunbathing is bad.

Right, and were not only talking wrinkles here but also skin-cancer. I guess everybody knows this but never get sun-burned - well try at least, I know it happens. Always apply sun-screen. Plus, sun-burned persons are just so unsexy!

Im having problems because my skin gets really dry in the winter. I guess its the first sign that Im not "sweet little sixteen" anymore.
I use a very good body-oil for it, it contains Vitamine A and E, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides (oil), and Isopropyl Myristate, all of them are very good for the skin.
The good thing about using an oil instead of a lotion/cream is that it doesnt have to contain conservatives and emulsifiers, both of which can irritate the skin.
Just remember to always apply an oil to the wet skin, because only that way it will help to hydrate your skin.

Katrin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 07:04:52 am by sternen-nest » Logged

Chocolate Club Member ~ DW at heart! [/tt]
Lorein_ARG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 06:44:04 pm »

i dont have much beauty secrets; but it is always good to sleep well, enough hours a day; drink much water and mainly, smile and laugh. It may sound stupid but it is refreshing to have an "active" face.

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
BodhiG
Diner Regular

Community Points: 91

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 12:54:22 am »

Coppertone Spectra 3 is a really good sunscreen and it doesn't make your face break out.  Yay!

"Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

"Where's the baby? THERE HE IS!"

Janich was my first. Who says distance is a hindrance?
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 07:09:12 pm »

Yes Sunscreen is so important!  I'd also reccomend not to go to tanning booths(cancer booths!), because it's really not good for your skin and it's a myth that if you do that before going on vacation you won't burn.  ANy expposure like that is never good!

I'm always mistaken as a high school student at the HS I work out and I'm 25.  It's funny, though I'm sure not as small and thin as I was at 16.  (oohhh I wish!!  IT was hard to find things that would fit me!).

Okay I love everyone's tips.

Here''s one.  In the dead of winter and my skin is really dry I like to use Neosporin as a lotion, because I always get little cuts when my skins dry plus it's an antibacterial -- so that helps too.   It is a little on the greasy side, but it really works.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Culwings
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 01:18:46 am »

Yeah smoking...BAD. Have you noticed that a lot of older smokers tend to get those vertical wrinkels above their month....from moving those muscles of the month a lot. The best anti-smoking add ever!

I have been smoking for near enough 7 years now  ( not proud of it ) im on about 10 - 15 a day and my skin is still fine. Ok at the age of 23 I cant really judge on how i will look like in 30 years from now. But as i have to stop in august anyways that wont be an issue i hope . Roll Eyes

Java Junkie, Headliner and Gilmore Guy
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 03:46:07 am »

I hope I didn't effend you or anything. But it's just what I've been taught. A lot of my girlfriends are smokers so I'm fine with that. And I know it's hard to stop when you've done it a long time. But it's really bad for ya. 

LORELAI: Oh, dont be embarrassed Snuffy, Im just teasing. Itd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 04:20:51 pm »

DON'T OVERTWEEZE your eyebrows! They can take a while to grow back in, and sometimes they don't.

If only someone would have told me this a couple years earlier....I wouldn't have had to go through the misery of having first plucked my eyebrows the night before my first day of middle school, not so good results...... So I guess what I'm trying to say is, this is a biggie.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:21:55 pm by SnowPrincess » Logged

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
Nene
Diner Regular

Community Points: 39

Vina Morales as Elvira Aragoncillo Alicante

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 05:05:22 pm »

Dark chocolate is good for the heart and more healthier than the others.

.:~*Susan*:.
Visit my blog!
Vicks
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 06:17:10 pm »

Garlic, I was once told that it's good for you and I'm sticking with it because as weird as it sounds I love it. Eating it raw...hmm. At least now you all know I'm not a vampire.

ETA: I think this can stay on. It technically should be in the Off Topic thread but for now...it's fine.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 06:18:28 pm by Vicks » Logged

FFF#3
B.A.D member

Patience, Grasshopper

Don't forget to vote at the GG T-shirt thread!
BodhiG
Diner Regular

Community Points: 91

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 07:40:31 pm »

MasBYUgal, good tip.  I do that neosporin thing too.  If you put it on your arms, legs, feet, and hands at night, wear long sleeves and pj bottoms to bed, put socks on your hands and feet-when you wake up, your skin is all soft and moisturized and not greasy. Wink

"Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

"Where's the baby? THERE HE IS!"

Janich was my first. Who says distance is a hindrance?
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 06:14:38 pm »

Yeah, I actually gave a beauty tip -- well I did sell avon for awhile.  I also carry a small pocket neosporin with me for cuts and lotion too.

Another tip, but it has been mentioned - SUNSCREEN is your friend and not your enemy.  I always buy foundation that contains sunscreen, that way my face is always fairly protected and a lot of lotions have sunscreen in them too.  That way you can still go thru your normal bueaty routine w/ foundation and nice smelly(or not) lotion AND still be protected from those dangerous rays.  My parents always forced me to wear hats and sunscreen when I was little and I always complained about it, but people always think I'm so much younger than my age.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Nene
Diner Regular

Community Points: 39

Vina Morales as Elvira Aragoncillo Alicante

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 04:58:53 pm »

That's right MasBYUgal!For eyebags, cucumbers! Just put it on top of your eyes for a relaxing and beautifying time!

.:~*Susan*:.
Visit my blog!
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 06:18:27 pm »

mY bEAUTY tIPS: i AM IN MIDDLE SKOOL, AND 60% OF GIRLS WEAR MAKE UP ATLEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK. i, ON TEH OTHER HAND, (sorry, caps) have never worn anything but lip balm. I would keep it natural, till grad, atleast. But me, i believe natural, but i am the sports girl, lol, so its not a concern for me, and
DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
Sara
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

So much for an 8th season...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 07:22:03 pm »

I great beauty tip is to use CLEAN AND CLEAR advanced accne spot treatment (I got it at Target) You put it on where you have zits and pimmples and in about 3 days mine were gone!  Cool

AND THATS A WRAP!!!!!

What hurts the most, was being so close and having so much to say and seeing them walk away...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: