6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 10:57:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475986 Posts in 1571 Topics by 111134 Members
Latest Member: PBullard

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: 6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine  (Read 51975 times)
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2008, 11:51:08 pm »

Yup.  Definitely my least favorite episode.   Unless you're a Logan fan, it's almost painful.   We should have known here that Luke and Lorelai were eventually going to break up.  They both turned so annoying all of a sudden. 

I agree....  Luke whined like a bitch, i just wanted to hit him in the face and tell him to grow up.... and that "i love you" was so unromantic... it sounded like it was just a way for him to end the conversation instead of actually talking about and working out their problems.

And Lorelai bottling everything up instead of just throwing it in luke's face like she always used to which is what kept their relationship healthy.

Watching these episodes again is just so frustrating... I just want to slam their heads against a wall to knock some sense into them both...
Thank you, thank you! I couldn't have put it better myself. He was so negative about EVERYTHING! It's one thing to put up a fight about town things etc but it seemed like their relationship became one big chore with her attempting to be happy and him being negative and distracted.
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2008, 08:09:16 am »

Yup.  Definitely my least favorite episode.   Unless you're a Logan fan, it's almost painful.   We should have known here that Luke and Lorelai were eventually going to break up.  They both turned so annoying all of a sudden. 

I agree....  Luke whined like a bitch, i just wanted to hit him in the face and tell him to grow up.... and that "i love you" was so unromantic... it sounded like it was just a way for him to end the conversation instead of actually talking about and working out their problems.

And Lorelai bottling everything up instead of just throwing it in luke's face like she always used to which is what kept their relationship healthy.

Watching these episodes again is just so frustrating... I just want to slam their heads against a wall to knock some sense into them both...
Thank you, thank you! I couldn't have put it better myself. He was so negative about EVERYTHING! It's one thing to put up a fight about town things etc but it seemed like their relationship became one big chore with her attempting to be happy and him being negative and distracted.

This is the worst episode in the history of Gilmore Girls. And i agree with what's been said up here about Luke and Lorelai although i blame Luke much more. After canceling the wedding, the least he could have done is spending a romantic weekend with Lorelai but noooo, he has to complain about everything. It's me, me, me! And what's that thing with him hating every boyfriend Rory has. It's so creepy! He has no right to put a word in this subject and i wanted Lorelai to tell him that. Funny that he didn't say anything when she was dating the bad boy "Jess".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:13:42 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2009, 02:25:26 pm »

PUKE really got on my nerves with the tude most of the weekend.

And still not introducing Lorelai to his daughter.
PascalÅ
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2009, 06:24:13 pm »

I have to say this episode was VERY revealing to me about the Palladinos, especially Dan Palladino, in what they think is funny and acceptable behavior.

First of all, let me just say I really HATE Dan's obsession with gay jokes, especially since his idea of humor is that any stereotype about gay men is funny.  NO other group gets stereotyped on this show this way. Even the "Christian" characters, for all the jokes about that group, get shown a "cool" side – Dave reads the Bible, Mrs. Kim turns out to be wise here and there, but gay people – just the target of stereotyping by Dan Palladino.  Episode after episode he uses being gay as an insult (I've counted at least 10), and it's pretty clear to me that if he's not a closeted gay man with issues of his own, he clearly has problems being overshadowed by a woman, or by the fact that he can't make fun of "girls" on a show run by women, so he picks on gay men as womanly, when many gay men – and women – could probably beat him to a pulp.  And so the episode starts off with a ridiculous run of jokes about gayhead and sperm....  What a tool.

But the heart the episode is about how badly Luke is treating Lorelai.  In retrospect, we're supposed to think that the repercussions for Luke's behaviour come through in the end with Lorelai running to Christopher.  But can we stop for a minute and focus on how CREEPY it is that he lets Logan give him a diamond necklace and passes it off as his own?  As a plot point, this is dropped entirely.   Of course, we never see Lorelai wearing it, as if she'd ever have occasion to, but this is a guy who has ragged BOTH on people lying and keeping secrets –  AND he has contempt for people with money (somewhat justified) – but then has the nerve to do this?  Oh yeah, Luke is a "real man" as the Palladinos have her say in the final episode they wrote ("Partings").  WHAT?  Are they joking?

Even worse, we're given even more reinforcement to the idea that Lorelai not only is the kind of person who would put up with it, but that she's ATTRACTED to it.  Of course, this is coming from the same writing team in Season 4 that had Lorelai telling Luke that he didn't deserve to have Nicole cheat on him after he screamed at her and neglected her, and had Lorelai consoling him as he beats up on someone's car (without knowing exactly what that person did) and then shortly thereafter thinking he's dating material!!!!  IS THIS A JOKE?  Nicole did NOTHING to Luke that we can see but love him – the MOST she did to Lorelai was get annoyed with her for talking during a Poe reading – and Luke treated her horribly.  Now in this episode, he's treating Lorelai horribly – just as disgusting in his appearance and attitude, lying and passing off gifts that are not his own (a pattern he fell into with Rachel in Season 1), and yet we're supposed to believe this is a "real man" and someone a woman like Lorelai would be attracted to.  You have GOT to be kidding.

And finally, we have what I consider to be the real tragedy of the show summed up by this episode – the smart, career-minded Rory talking cute-cutesy about "these could be the ones", wearing an apron and cooking – such the antithesis of Rory who did it SMARTLY in season one when she was sixteen when she contextualized what Donna Reed did and did it AS A JOKE for someone who told her he didn't want her to be that kind of woman.  This was a young woman who thought phrases like "fro-yo" were too cutesy to even say, and this is what she has become.  Not funny.

Of course, the Palladinos might say they had a plan for Rory to come to her senses, but I doubt it.   This went on and on all season, with storylines about Rory's education taking a back seat to how lovesick she was for Logan.

The bottom line is that I agree – this is not only one of the WORST episodes in Gilmore Girls history, but just shows how arrogant the Palladinos were in thinking that because it was a comedy reflecting their sense of humor, and "their reality" as Amy so often said, that they could write whatever they wanted and had no responsibility to think about the message the show sent, especially to an audience dominated by young women. 

This was the episode in my book that deserved to get the Palladinos fired from their own show, even if it was just because they were as stubborn as Luke and Lorelai and got their butts handed to them as they were kicked out the WB door.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2009, 06:45:06 pm »

this episode was sooo funny! but ugh stupid logans dad came a ruined the weekend! and that was a bad way for rory to find out about logan going to london. and poor lorelai gets a liitle suprise about the wedding in the paper!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: