6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 07:33:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100263 Members
Latest Member: CMarryat

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: 6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine  (Read 51039 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 06:20:46 pm »

Where to start?Huh

THere was a line at the beginning of the episode that got me... Lorelai said if Rory knew anyone who wanted an all expense paid wedding, I thought that was coincidental.   hmmm....Rory?Huh     (P.S. my hubby predicts that there will be a wedding on June 3rd of A Lorelai?....)

Wow!  The last couple scenes were incredible!  Starting with the entrance of Michem(please forgive me on the spelling) -- so we all learn the truth of the trip to the vineyard and the plans for Asia -- it's Logan prescription for Dad evasion and unfortunately he was busted in front of all that counts.  How will he get out of this and how can he let his father control him so?  Does anyone think he will actually go to London?  I could actually envision him pulling a Jason Bourne on his familia and Rory.  (P.S. my hubby predicts that there will be a wedding on June 3rd of A Lorelai?....)

Now the Luke/Lorelai thing?  What stick was up Luke's butt the whole episode?  Was it because he was pulling his own Logan by almost skipping his plans with April or was he just his own uncomfortable self in the presence of royaltyous furnishings?  At the end it was like Lorelai had her own version of Rory's situation and my heart was breaking for her.  I kept saying to the TV, Lorelai invite yourself to meet her.  But of note,Luke did say that he loved her!

And who has really been Gilmored in this episode?  WE can all answer that, Lorelai the 2nd!  (It's too bad that Hunztburger just doesn't work in that phraseology - like Huntzburgered it just doesn't sound right?)  I can't even begin to speculate how the next episode will begin, they have set up for so much.  I'm guessing that this won't be solved to close to the end of the season, if we're lucky.   What a picture in the paper!!!!  It sure looked like a younger picture of Lore, is it possible it could pass for Rory?  (as you can see my husband can influence me quite a bit?)  I guess we just can't have an episode with out the workings of the older country club/D.A.R. weilding Gilmores, way start the fire.  Wow!

**Lauren was especially in her element during the description of Martha's vineyard to Luke...it was great!  Where's the text to that, I'm lovin' it!"**

OH yes and 1 more!  I think that Lorelai & Rory will still figure out the necklace/bracelet thing....the coverup from Luke/Logan was too easy.  I think it'll come back to haunt Luke, to aid more fuel to the fire.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 06:26:27 pm by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
missusmariano
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:24:07 pm »

No previews-- I've read that the next new episode isn't until 2/28, then "spring hiatus". Has anyone else heard anything?

TV Guide says stupid Final Destination will be on next Tuesday @ 8 pm.  This makes me sooo aggravated.  I mean I want to like the show, but they've got to give a little.  We haven't had a run of episodes since winter hiatus. It's been a couple of shows and a random break.

I don't like the Rory of Logan & Rory.  She goes to the gym, cooks, gets diamond bracelets for Valentine's Day, drives Porsches-- This is so not the Gilmore Girl I knew and loved.

Did anyone else think that the whole trip seemed weird, especially in the begining. Rory said she hadn't seen Lor in forever and then they come in, say hi and "ok well we're going to bed" and Rory just reads a book?!? There was supposed to be Gilmore Girl moments between them, but nope. Undecided

steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 06:27:11 pm »

Heh heh, its not on yet for me! It airs at 10 PM for me!

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 06:30:17 pm »

I think that there were plenty of Gilmore Moments between the two of them.  THe gym, they didn't do anything & were able to flirt 2 guys into giving them massages.  PLUS the kitchen scene was great and very classic.   And I'm sure Rory was doing homework and I'll bet Logan was on the X-box, plus Luke wasn't in a social mood.   I also think they were trying to show a more mature side of the two of them, like a shadow of married life to come.  I LOVED this episode and I think it's one of the top of the season.

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
unionroxs
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Thank God for Tuesday Nights!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 06:42:58 pm »

I agree this episode was one of the better ones this season, it showed what life might be like if luke and lorelai get married then rory and logan get hitched, spending romantic weekends together, the four of them.

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 06:57:42 pm »

OK, haven't seen it yet. But, so excited that they actually say "I love you" to eachother! Something I completly wasn't expecting.  And now I know why Luke didn't get lorelai a present, so I'm a little more reasured.  More to say once I see it! Grin "I love you!" Cheesy

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 07:01:20 pm »

Right now I only have a couple things to say about this episode:

#1. What was up with Lauren's hair at the beginning of the episode? It wasn't exactly my favorite hairdo of choice. Undecided

#2. What butt crawled up Luke's butt in this episode? I know he has a tendency to rant about this stuff, but this was to the extreme. I really felt bad for Lorelai with all his complaining.  Huh

#3. Funniest moment of the episode: Had to be when you could hear "Take My Breath Away" playing in the background when they were at the gym. HILARIOUS! Kind of reminded me of the classic GG moments.  Cheesy

#4. Octopus ice cream? How can someone think that is a good idea? Especially Sookie! YUCK!  Tongue

#5. Luke says 'I love you' to Lorelai. OMG! I almost fell off my bed! But I noticed Lorelai didn't say it back to him. Something's not right here....

Well that is all I have to say for now. I'm sure I'll have more thoughts later on tonight after I've had time to soak it all in.

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 07:58:43 pm »

#1. What was up with Lauren's hair at the beginning of the episode? It wasn't exactly my favorite hairdo of choice. Undecided

I agree.  It looked frumpy.  I didn't think that was possible.

#5. Luke says 'I love you' to Lorelai. OMG! I almost fell off my bed! But I noticed Lorelai didn't say it back to him. Something's not right here....

I still say it's all about the Pallidinos messing with everyone who wanted to hear an "I love you" 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
mindys0
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 07:59:37 pm »

i missed this one tonight and i really wanted to see it. my dvd recorder goofed from a power spike at my house so i got 30 secs of it recorded /cry. anyone out there happen to record it and able to help me by chance?
please please please.
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 08:01:52 pm »

try the tape trading thread, because that was made for just these unfortunate situations.  Also, you can PM me, but I taped the episode, so maybe we can work something out. Smiley  Haha, actually I taped it in my room and my mom taped it(to make sure we got it Smiley), so I really have two copies of this episode. Smiley

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Shania
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 09:18:03 pm »

i think luke's problem was that he didn't want to go and he just couldn't get into pretending to be happy about being there. i think his thoughts were with finishing april's bike  and how he didn't like logan and not with enjoying a romantic weekend with lorelai.
After logan gave him the necklace to give to lorelai, i think luke got into the spirit and started to focus a bit more on time with lorelai.

i think lorelai didn't say "i love you" back because she'd probably said it many times before (not that we've seen it) and she was taking the opportunity to tell luke he needed to say it more. As women tend to feel man don't say "i love you" enough.

Lorelai really needs to open up more to luke about her feelings about april. I think lorelai's fear about the wedding not happening all stem from her being hurt that he took so long to tell her about april and even after she finally found out, luke is still withholding information and keeping lorelai apart from not only getting to know april a bit but from truly helping luke deal with this new development in his life.

the wedding announcement in the paper i thought was classic emily lol
well lorelai got what she wanted her parents finally except luke as their future son-in-law lol

Phoenix
Town Resident

Community Points: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 09:18:36 pm »

What bothered me about this episode was Luke having such a problem with Logan, saying he was being rude and stuff even though he was being perfectly nice to Luke.

Get Firefox 1.5
Happily a spree.
lilrabbitangel14
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 31

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »

I agree. It looked frumpy. I didn't think that was possible.

Really? I disagree, i kinda like it. Its something new.

okay my opinion on this episode. I think this episode is one of the better ones this season also, it has its moment and it actually made me laugh quite a bit. The nature scene in it were awesome, nd the view was great.
1) Beginning was so original, those music made me crack up so bad. haha. I liked that it involves Sookie, i always liked her and lately they havent had that much scene with her in it, its always like little ones.
2) The part where Lorelai was explaining martha vineyard to luke, suprisingly i found annoying. It was taking time and there was no point to it, nd i find it extremely not funny.
3) I love how Lorelai tip toed out to see Rory..that was cute.
4) i HATE Luke in this episode...it was so not his character, he complains so much. Nd i LOVE Lorelai when she told him about that before going outside and cook with Rory. That was a true classic of Lorelai's character.
5) The cooking part was...not the Rory we know of....but nontheless cute. a good gilmore girls moment
6) Logan was sweet this episode, i like this side of him a lot better. Maybe now he is actually not taking granted of Rory and starting to treat her better. Its nice how he covered for Luke when the girls were talking about how closely the present resemblace.
7) The " i love yoo" moment..great, if only Lorelai said it back. The "elopement" moment..was out of nowhere and tahts why i loved it.
Cool mitchum's entraces....wow. That was like the best part of this episode, the way he talked to LOgan and the way that they fought and eveything.
9) I think LUke is soo stupid at the end....an complete idoit would have noticed that Lorelai was upset once you guys start talking abotu April. I disagree with those who thinks its Lorelai's fault for not asking Luke if she can hang out wiht April. Luke was the one who started all this with the phone msg, so i chose to blame him.
10) i LOVE emily...this is not something i say often. what emily did just reassured me that the wedding WILL be june 3rd...emily will make it june 3rd.
wow a perfect 10...these are just my two cent and spec. nothing spoiler wise. Overall this episode was okay...

LUke was a jerk..  Angry

Emily: What kind of mother are you to allow this to happen to her?
Lorelai: Oh, I dont know, Mom. What kind of mother were you?

java junkies <33 Lauren graham
chrismo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 09:43:19 pm »

I'm fine with Luke being pissy about the weekend and surly about Logan, but it was too much, and took time away from more important conversation. Luke was actually lying about Logan's bball play -- that's just not Luke to lie like that. And then totally changes his mind about Logan for no apparent reason, and there's no way he's going to accept the offer of the expensive necklace. I think they should've written Luke to start off fussy about Logan, then relax a little bit being around him, and then put in some interesting tension over the gift offer, while having Luke refuse - half admitting Logan is up-front and honest and kind but perhaps cheesed that Logan's gift giving shamed Luke's refusal to give into the card-company holiday mixed with some perhaps proper anger over "and you're encouraging me to give a gift of love to my fiancee that's really more about me covering my arse than expressing love"?

Luke being Mr. Negative with Loreli the whole time should've been toned down (it is Luke to be a fuss-pot, but I get it already) and more time given to them using that as a catalyst for getting into the wedding stuff. Very glad they didn't suspend the whole wedding date non-communication anymore, but if they're going to string me along for that long, then give me some good character time working through it, instead of just a 10 second "we're good" and moving on, then a brief nod to "...and then they had some good conversation, which they haven't had in a while, but you don't really need to see that". Bah - they've got great conflict right under their noses and are passing it up for the contrived crap.

More stringing us along with Loreli refusing to talk to Luke about April. At least they got the wedding date stuff out of the way (well, obviously not with Emily's doings at the end, but again - that's a classic Gilmore conflict, characters being themselves, not manufactured).
Lapis Lazuli
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 11:11:53 pm »

Awww I loved loved loved this one! One of the best Gilmore Gilrs episodes in a long time. It kinda reminded me of the Spring Break episode, and we got to see Lorelai and Rory interact just like they used to. And Logan was such a perfect gentleman! Wow what a guy, offering Luke his choice of his gifts for Rory! It was just very sweet and nice Smiley

P.S. I totally agree about Lorelai's hair at the start I was really puzzled about that. In fact it looked like Lauren might've had a bad cold when they filmed the first part of that- she just seemed a bit stuffed up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: