6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 03:41:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100326 Members
Latest Member: A63D

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: 6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine  (Read 51040 times)
GGsCoffeeCup
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

binks!

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:33:53 am »

A Vineyard Valentine

As Valentine's Day approaches, Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Logan (Matt Czuchry) invite Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) to spend a weekend with them at Logan's family's house on Martha's Vineyard. Rory and Logan have a wonderful time, but Lorelai is upset by Luke's unfriendly attitude toward Logan. Luke's attitude changes when he realizes he forgot to buy Lorelai a Valentine gift, and Logan saves the day by letting Luke give Lorelai one of the gifts he had bought for Rory. When Lorelai finally confesses to Luke that she is worried the wedding will never take place, he reassures her that they will get married soon. The weekend ends in an ugly scene when Logan's father, Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), arrives and berates Logan for ignoring his responsibilities in the family business. Melissa McCarthy also stars.

The episode was written and directed by Daniel Palladino.

balletguy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:37:35 am »

Thanks for the update GG Coffee. I can't wait. 

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 03:46:20 pm »

Luckily I will be able to watch tonight. Even though it'd be fun to spend time with my bf...but thats later. Smiley

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 03:54:58 pm »

Just my friendly reminder...

Please DO NOT discuss the previews for the next episode here since they are sort of like spoilers to some people.  To discuss preview information from a promo, please go the Assorted Previews thread, found here.  This method has been going on for about 3 months now, so please join us Smiley

Remember, no spoilers, either here or in the Preview thread.  For spoilers, please go to the Spoiler board, found here.

If you missed the episode and want to find someone who can help you get a copy of it, please go to the Tape Trading thread, found here.  Or if you would like a summary, TwoP writes a detailed summary/commentary about a week after the episode airs in the US.

Thanks!

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
GGsCoffeeCup
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

binks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 04:09:43 pm »

Just for clarification, one cannot post the episode summary until after the episode has aired?

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 05:08:53 pm »

Yeah you have to wait til it has aired. For more info read the rules. Theres a link under my name.

- gilmore-girl

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 06:06:38 pm »

Ok...I just saw the episode so here's what I think...

It was sweet of Logan to invite Lorelai and Luke to Martha's Vineyard and for helping Luke out with a V-day gift. He's really starting to become a better person. I felt bad when he's Dad came and ruined the weekend. He's a jerk and I feel bad for Logan having to deal with him.

I know Logan is supposed to go to Europe for a year but if he really wanted to he could say no and quit working for his Dad. But who knows maybe he will later. Cause he doesn't wanna go.

I'm glad Lorelai told Luke how she's been feeling and it was sweet of him to re-assure her and say "I love you."  The only thing I don't like is Lukes not letting Lorelai get to know April and I think Lorelais not happy about it. I mean I understand Luke wants to get to know his daugther but it'd be nice to include Lorelai too.

- gilmore-girl

MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 06:08:34 pm »

hehe, I never thought I'd here either of them say that  Grin *rewinds Tivo recording*
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 06:09:50 pm by MurphyFan595 » Logged

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
gilmoregirlfan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

100% Canadian Gilmore Fan!~

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 06:09:48 pm »

I missed tonights episode Sad i only got to see the very ending of it! Which was funny i think. Lorelai getting all those phone calls about her picture in the paper, its all starting to kick her in the rear, she should of told her parents that there isnt going to be a wedding on june 3rd!
What did Luke give lorelai for Vday?

**“Rory, darling, love of my life, you realize you’ve completely cut us off from Luke’s, where the happy coffee is?” - Lorelai**
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 06:11:05 pm »

A necklace Logan had bought for Rory but gave to Luke because he hadn't bought one yet (because Valentines day was technically tuesday)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
bookfreak
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 06:11:27 pm »

I thought the episode as a whole was average. A few cute moments, but nothing big. Then when Luke said, "You know I love you", I literally gasped. This is one of the big things left in their relationship. But Lorelai needs to brush up on these things (she could learn from Rory). When someone says that, you say, "I love you too", not "I really need to hear that more often." It seemed very selfish of her. So only half of that issue has been settled, which is frustrating.

But not as frustrating as Lorelai STILL not telling Luke about her problem (or lack thereof) with April. She really could have told him that she wanted to get to know April or something. If she doesn't like the situation, she should tell him so that she won't be banned from the diner. This is a major communication problem that should be dealt with before they get married.

I'm interested to see how the whole Emily wedding announcement/eloping thing turns out. I feel like Lorelai is a little bit to blame, but she was honest with Luke at least. She has some justification in that Emily took the date and ran with it.

No previews-- I've read that the next new episode isn't until 2/28, then "spring hiatus". Has anyone else heard anything?

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 06:11:42 pm »

Luke gave her a necklace that Logan had bought for Rory but since he had a bracelet already for her he let Luke give Lorelai the necklace.

- gilmore-girl

deans_grl
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 06:12:49 pm »

I hated this episode it was stupid no funny parts Rory nos how to cook i liked it better when she was bad April is getting annoying cuz lorelai and luke r nvr together
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 06:15:52 pm »

All I could think when I heard the "I love you" was the mass howl of frustration that Lorelai didn't say it back, and DP cackling madly at giving people only half of what they wanted.

DP exaggerates traits.  Luke is grouchy and isn't the high culture type guy, but I don't believe he'd really take a hunting knife and freezed dried spaghetti to Martha's Vineyard.  I mean, he knew they were staying with Logan, and he knows Logan's rich, so he had to know survival food wasn't necessary.

I thought Lorelai was about to figure out that the Luke hadn't given her a gift, and it was really one that Logan gave him to give to her.

Sigh.  Yes, the June 3rd had to bite her in the butt.  How much do you want to bet it turns into another way of Emily acting all hurt and Lorelai apologizing for being the bad seed -especially if she does elope?  

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 06:19:30 pm »

Did anyone else think that level of complaining by Luke was odd? I don't it seemed that way to me.

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: