GilmoreGirls.org Forum
April 25, 2019, 11:58:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: I Love/Hate Them, But ...  (Read 48263 times)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2006, 04:16:35 pm »

Okay, this is how the thread goes.  You name a character that you either love or hate, and then say something that you don't love or hate about them.  (If hate makes you squeamish, just pick a character you really dislike).

Okay, let me give an example, if my explanation wasn't clear.  I hate Emily, but I've always liked her attitude towards Sookie.  Except the first episode she met her, she's never treated Sookie like just the hired help (and considering how Emily treats the hired help, that would be pretty bad).  She seemed genuinely interested in how Sookie got the rip in her uniform when they took Trix to dinner at the Independence Inn.  Sookie doesn't come from her world, she's not like her personality-wise, like Mrs. Kim is, or even Michel.  But, Emily seems to like her for herself.

You can do it for a favorite character, too. Pick a character you love, and then name something about them you don't love.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:33:05 pm by Heidi » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:49:10 pm »

I like this idea. I don't absolutely love or despise any character.

Lorelai is a fantasy and a dream girl. But - she can't possibly maintain that perfect physique on coffee and junk food. I think she has a hideout where she does 45 minutes of aerobics four times a week.

Rory was too perfect and sweet until she ran afoul of the Huntzbergers, both Mitchum and Logan. I loved how she collected herself and broke out of her aimless DAR party planner funk and got a job and got back into Yale.

Luke is the nicest guy on the planet, and I understand the backwards cap and baggy shirt is part of his schtick at the dinner. He is too easily flummoxed and gets frustrated instead of calmly rising to the occasion. He's not as smart as he is clever.

Richard is a strange combination of bright, successful executive and fuddy duddy.

Jess was a self-absorbed, arrogant snot and loser, but then came back and chewed Rory's ass and was obviously a key factor in getting her straightened out again. I didn't believe this. It was as if he was struck by lightning on the road to Damascus.

Christopher loves Lorelai and Rory and is a great guy. He's also a loser at everything he tries.

The thing which makes all these characters great is their depth and complexity.

Good idea for a thread.

Cool

Shameless plug for my book:† http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
Lapis Lazuli

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:10:56 am »

I love Jess, but he could be a total pain in the neck, and I was sooo happy when Luke pushed him into the lake!

I find TJ really annoying but he does try and be a good guy, and didn't deserve the shabby treatment he got from Luke.

Might do a bit more later.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:21:11 am »

I love Lorelai, but I think she's sometimes too inclined to start off thinking badly of rich people before she actually knows anything about them.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
nodaybuttuesday

Community Points: 42

you're breaking my little lit heart... *Ingrid*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 07:41:37 pm »

I love luke, but i hate how he is in all things involving christopher.  I got pretty mad at him in "the prodigal daughter returns" for jumping to conclusions about Lorelai's involvement with chris.  He should understand by now that Christopher isn't going away, and he and Lorelai have a pretty major history.

Literati for life~'I can't help it- I'm addicted'~Java Junkies
Hi Rory! What are you doing? What are you wearing? What are you thinking? What about now? Do you miss me? Do you think I'm pretty? Where do babies come from?
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 06:43:09 am »

Sorry you guys, but I'm moving it to the games thread, cause this sounds like a game to me.

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 01:10:35 pm »

I really love Dean, but it was totally wrong of him to betray Lindsay.

I don't like Taylor, but it is fun when he upsets Luke, i like seeing luke when he is angry, he is so funny

I like Kirk, but i just cannot believe how he gets all his jobs, is he qualified for all of thhem??? big question mark!!!

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
itsmereally
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 07:59:35 pm »

Laurelai is so funny but she doesnt know when to stop with emily and often ends up really hurting her feelings

(at town meeting concerning Jess)
Laurelai: I heard he controls the weather and wrote the screenplay to Glitter!
Lorein_ARG

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 07:58:00 am »

I like Jackson and his relationship with Sookie but sometimes he gets mad because of nothing, and has fights he could really avoid. (but i think that's what makes him so funny)

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
Lapis Lazuli

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »

I really dsliked Tristan, but after watching  Run Away, Little Boy, I'm a little sad. I'm going to miss him! And he was really attractive. Sigh.
LNgirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 02:09:41 pm »

I like luke but this season he is SO annoying it seems like he doesn't want to get married

~L~
itsmereally
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 09:08:50 am »

I like Paris and love how extreme she is but i dont like the way she always jumps to the worst conclusions about rory.

(at town meeting concerning Jess)
Laurelai: I heard he controls the weather and wrote the screenplay to Glitter!
Lorein_ARG

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 07:30:46 am »

I hate the opening song (just donīt like it) but since everytime i hear it is because the show starts... well, i like it a bit more.

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
whatsername0137
Diner Regular

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 09:14:48 am »

i dont know why really, but i dont like christopher very much.... i cant help it, there is just this thing about him....

but i do like that he obviously cares for lor and rory, even some of his mistakes have been made due to his love for them.

Rory: Let's just play it cool.
Jess: Hey, I'm Frank at the Sands.
Rory: That's cool.

<3† Gilmore Girls† <3
KeRi_LyNn
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 07:31:31 pm »

I LOVE Luke, but I don't like how is handling the whole April thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: