6.16 - Bridesmaids Revisited
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 03:29:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 101141 Members
Latest Member: BDoherty

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.16 - Bridesmaids Revisited
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: 6.16 - Bridesmaids Revisited  (Read 46357 times)
missusmariano
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 06:35:09 pm »

Fashion wise I really hated Rory's dress, it looked like it was made out of bad curtains .... Maria Von Trapp could have done better.  Sorry...

I liked her dress.  I did not, however, like the suit she wore at the forum.

oh yeah, something else I just remembered. Rory has to keep an open mind here with the Logan thing. I'm so annoyed at what he did. But, Rory did sleep with a married man. Uh, at least in logan's mind you and him weren't together...Dean and whats her name were married!

Rory regretted that and wouldn't say it was a good thing to do, I think.  But she was not a cheater, just the accomplice to a cheater, and Logan cheated 2 times with two different girls and kinda cheated one other time!  That's a lot of mistakes.

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 06:37:02 pm »

oh yeah! Lane's the best.  Though I still don't think she should marry Zach.

Paris and Rory are on good terms again! yeah!  I didn't like spazing rude Paris.  Haha, though those words are the normal ones to decribe her, she definitely was way overbord latley. 

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
missusmariano
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 06:39:28 pm »

Yup exactly.  She needs to be able to take what she dishes out.  She hasn't been completly honest with him either.  IT sure brings up that phrase from health..when you sleep with someone, you sleep with everyone they've ever slept with.  Eww.  At least Lane doesn't have that problem!! go Lane!

You don't think Rory's told Logan about Dean or at least that he wasn't her first?

Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 06:39:59 pm »

oh yeah, something else I just remembered.  Rory has to keep an open mind here with the Logan thing.  I'm so annoyed at what he did. But, Rory did sleep with a married man. Uh, at least in logan's mind you and him weren't together...Dean and whats her name were married!

Yeah, I certainly see what you're saying, and I DO think that being an "accomplice to a cheater" is still cheating, but that doesn't excuse Logan's behavior.  If it had been one girl, okay.  But two?  Come on.  I'm sorry he was depressed and whatever, but grow up.  Sleeping with random girls is not how you handle life conflicts.

I definitely didn't see the Lane and Zach thing coming, which isn't surprising since they haven't talked to each other in like 40 episodes!  (Slight exaggeration, of course.)  I have to admit that Zach's little proposal was way cute, albeit cheesy, and it was nice to see both of them happy again.  I can't shake the thought that Lane could do better though.  And why do I have this feeling that Lane and Zach's is the only wedding we'll be seeing this season?  

Gil singing "Hollaback Girl"=priceless!

Chris is a jacka$$.  And of course he would have to come around when Lorelai's all vulnerable.  She just really wants to be needed, so I completely understood her wanting to help out Chris because it will make her feel useful and appreciated, which is something she's not getting from Luke.

dadancingmuffin
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 06:42:13 pm »

Fashion wise I really hated Rory's dress, it looked like it was made out of bad curtains .... Maria Von Trapp could have done better.  Sorry...

I liked her dress.  I did not, however, like the suit she wore at the forum.

I actually liked the dress and the suit! I especially liked her hair... Smiley

Rory has to keep an open mind here with the Logan thing. I'm so annoyed at what he did. But, Rory did sleep with a married man. Uh, at least in logan's mind you and him weren't together...Dean and whats her name were married!

Huh, I hadn't thought of that...this still doesn't change my opinion of Logan...sleeping with 2.5 girls in a, what, 2-ish month period??? Bad. But Rory did sleep with a married man, even though she didn't technically cheat...she was more of the seductress...eww, I hate that, "Rory" and "seductress" in the same sentence!>.<

I'm going to have color coming out of my yin-yang!;D
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 06:42:30 pm »

Hated it.  First, no Lorelai.  The haircut on Christopher was not a good thing.  (Yes, I know, I've complained about it before, but it's sooo ugly)  Second, what was with this episode having all the guys I like act badly?  At least Christopher apologized.  I thought they were just going to end with him storming off.

And, Logan clearly didn't think that he was cheating, since in his mind they were broken up.  But, why did they have to write him sleeping with anyone in that time period? Especially writing an episode right after the Valentine's episode. Sometimes I think AS-P has this idea that people just can't change.  Why not just keep writing him as a casual dater who never wanted to be exclusive with Rory?  That would make more sense than writing him wanting to date her exclusively, him deciding it was too much drama over one fight, deciding they were broken up, sleeping with other people after they were broken up in his mind, feeling lonely, getting back together, then her finding out.  Are they trying to make him seem like he has a split personality or schizophrenic?  The fact that they keep bouncing it around makes me think that they're specifically wanting the audience not to like him.  So, in a completely obstinate and pigheaded response, I still like Logan, because I think they're manipulating things in order to get a response.  

And, I also don't believe the whole Lane/Zach getting married thing.  Why would Lane say yes right then?  You don't just go up to someone after a fight and break up like that and ask them to marry you.  And, if you do, the person should say that there are a few steps in between.  Apologizing for your actions, maybe trying dating again.  But, I do have to agree with one thing Zach said (not this episode), I like Lane better with her glasses.

And, 10 to 1, they'll have Logan and Rory get back together (he's in the main credits, and in this world, boys are only in the main credits if they're dating Rory) but how believable will it be?  And, will they just keep doing a yo-yo thing to have them broken up, get back together, broken up?  AAAGGHH!

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
unapologeticmocker
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

I <3 GILMORE GIRLS!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 06:43:43 pm »

I think the next episode isn't until the week after by birthday...2nd week of april, I don't know the date.  That is so long though!  It is crazy!

I think you are thinking of the real paul anaka which is not the next episode(6.17), but the epiosde after the next one(6.18).  It will be aired on april 11th.  the isn't much info on the next episode(6.17).  7th heaven is on repeat next week and the week after(i looked on tvgude.com, but listings only go untill march 12th), so i can assume gilmore girls probably is too.  I guess it looks like it will be atleast 2 weeks till a new episode.

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 06:44:36 pm »

What I don't get is why everyone seems to hate Logan because he has slept around, but Rory had had one minor disgression talk.  In my opinion what they have both done was wrong, why do people easily forgive Rory and judge Logan aimlessly?

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 06:55:20 pm »

Did anyone else think that GiGi looked too old?  Wasn't it just last season that GiGi was still sleeping in a crib and not walking?  I think in the episode Chris said she was three, but the girl looked older than that even.  It just seemed a little off to me.

And what oh what will Mrs. Kim think of this engagement?  And who will walk her down the aisle?  Could it be that we'll finally get to see Mr. Kim??
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:01:45 pm by Erin » Logged

mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 07:04:05 pm »

Haha OMG Mrs Kim! I didn't even think of her!  That will be an interesting episode.  lolat least lane kept her verginity, she should be happy about that. Smiley

I agree about the Gigi thing, just I know I just saw my 3 year old twin cousins.  They are about the same (not behavoir wise) as Gigi.  I thought she looked too old at first, but when Chris picked her up, she just seemed a little tall.  The actress was probably 4.  lol, all she had to do was screem and say no, lol.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
unionroxs
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Thank God for Tuesday Nights!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 07:08:43 pm »

First of all i just got done watching the episode...um...it was an ok episode. Was it just me or was Luke and Lorelai not together at all exept in the beginning???  I dont know...it was just an okay episode, nothing special.

mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 07:10:30 pm »

yea, I agree.  I mentioned that earlier, but there is so much.  Luke was in it for like 2 scenese I thought.  That is just crazy!

mozzie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 07:18:32 pm »

I kinda liked the scene when Logan was leaving his apartment and he came back to give Rory a kiss..... I really think he does care for her a whole lot.

Now, about the sleeping thing at Thanksgiving...I dunno...I haven't quite made up my mind yet about that.... I mean it IS Logan's first serious relationship, so everything's a first for him....first fight, first breakup..... and in a way he's still learning about the etiquette of a serious relationship. Plus..... everyone deserves a second chance....

But on the other hand, if he does love Rory like he claimed to be, before their fight, he shouldn'tve be thinking about other girls.....But I guess old habit dies hard huh?
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 07:35:52 pm »

Well, right now I don't have too much to say about this episode, but here are a few thoughts.

Kirk and his "juice fast" - CLASSIC!

Lane and her dreamy look after Zach proposed. So sweet and funny. Especially when Luke had to guide her to the right place and take the toaster away... Cheesy

Gigi - That kid is possessed!

Logan and Rory breakup - can't say I didn't see that one coming. But I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of this guy.

Luke - where was he during this whole episode? I miss Luke face time!

I guess that is it. I would write more but I'm kind of tired and I want to watch the Amazing Race I taped earlier so that is all for now.

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
bookfreak
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 07:47:08 pm »

Mainly, I was disappointed with Rory in this episode. In the last couple seasons, her character just seems to have gone downhill. I've been watching seasons 1-3, and she used to be so much more calm and clear-headed. I think she definitely overreacted with the whole Logan thing. She was depressed at Thanksgiving because Honor specifically told her that Logan had broken up with her, right? If they weren't officially together, she has no right to claim he "cheated" on her. Then the bar scene-- ugh. I liked it better when she wallowed with ice cream and movies after she broke up with Dean in season 1. I mean, I know she's older, but that doesn't mean she has to get drunk just because she's having boy problems. The scene seemed too gloomy and depressing for Gilmore Girls.

I was surprised by the Lane/Zack thing. And I agree that it seems awfully sudden-- I know I would want more relationship clarification before I got engaged. Gigi was such a brat! I gasped with Lorelai when she drew on the floor. I'm wondering how/if Chris is going to be able to fix her behavior now.

Oh, and did anyone recognize the actress who played Walker (the drunk Thanksgiving hook-up)? She looked like the girl who played Libby (the drunk debutante) in Now Presenting Lorelai Gilmore, the episode in season 2 where Rory "came out".

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: