Foodies (Sookie and Jackson) - He's her mushroom man
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 05:08:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109574 Members
Latest Member: S5680

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Foodies (Sookie and Jackson) - He's her mushroom man
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Foodies (Sookie and Jackson) - He's her mushroom man  (Read 34064 times)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2007, 11:55:28 pm »

We need to bring this thread back to life!
If Jackson was not a produce man, lets say he was the mayor of Connecticut,how do you think Sookie and Jackson should have met?

Kim- yeah. It was so funny when Lorelai said
"Is jackson i the house? Let me hear you say ughhh!"
Jackson- ughh
lorelai- a new toy!
Ryry- shame less.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2007, 06:18:19 am »

Haha, yeah.

D.S:

(Jackson had just heard about how amazing the Independence Inn food is. So he decided to go)
Jackson: "Your food is amazing! May I meet your chef?!"
Waitor: "Of course, Mayor sir. I will be right back"
(Sookie comes out of the kitchen and walks up to his table)
Sookie: "My name is Sookie St. Jamse sir"
Jackon: "Your food is too good for words!
              ~Chit Chat~
Jackson: "Do you think you could make me dinner sometime. You know
just us."
Sookie: "I would love to!"
Jackon: "Great it's a date."

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2007, 10:51:06 am »

That would be cool!
It would be also cool if Sookie was going to the mayor's office to yell at the mayor or something and they talk and they end up going out. It wouldn't be intresting, but it's all I could come up with. What was your favorite moment between sookie and Jackson before the wedding?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2007, 07:43:33 pm »

Star Star Discuss Starter: Star Star
Why Sookie and Jackson? What about the two of them together, makes you love them? What sets them apart from the other couples in Stars Hallow?

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2007, 08:20:45 pm »

I like Sookie and Jackson because they have the same sort of personality. Like, Jackson won't give out nonperfect fruits and vegetables. Sookie won't give you non 4 star food. I am not sure why I like them together. I think they just get along. They both like each other's personalities. They will never get tired of each other.

thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

~Missing the Girls~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »

I think I like them together myself just because they are both such sweet and gentle souls and they really are a perfect match

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2007, 04:03:14 pm »

Why Sookie and Jackson? What about the two of them together, makes you love them? What sets them apart from the other couples in Stars Hallow?

I think they have a special sweetness. The kind of couples who give you a smile & make you feel good about life. I like the way they care about each other.. the little things are what count like in season 5 when Jackson yelled at Luke for not answering Sookie's calls or when he was hiding the magazines when Sookie was pregnant. I think that was touching, I mean no matter how crazy she is being, it doesn't matter, he just does not want to see her upset. Saying that reminds me of Richard when he yelled at Lorelai " If my wife wants the first cup of tea she will get the first cup of tea". Richard saw that whole thing silly but he didn't want to see Emily upset and so he did what he could for Emily to have what she wanted.

I think Sookie & Jackson are so simple, nice, devoting to each other. They can be a little childish, stubborn but they have a beautiful nature.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2007, 06:15:24 pm »

I like Sookie and Jackson because they have the same sort of personality. Like, Jackson won't give out nonperfect fruits and vegetables. Sookie won't give you non 4 star food. I am not sure why I like them together. I think they just get along. They both like each other's personalities. They will never get tired of each other.

I agree with you! I like their personalities too, that's what really drew me to Sookie to begin with! They do get along, really well! I hope that I find someone that I won't ever get tired of...that's a great way to look at your relationship! I feel bad because I forgot to answer you question that you asked before...I think that my favorite moment before they got married was the moments in A Tisket A Tasket during the basket lunch when they were eating their lunch on the grass and talking about the future! I loved when Jackson dips Sookie after they talk and realize what the other was thinking. I love all the visits that Jackson makes to the Inn before they're married too...you can totally tell in a few of them, that they are eying each other and something has to happen between them! I'm so glad that it did!! They make such a wonderful couple!! Hearts

I think I like them together myself just because they are both such sweet and gentle souls and they really are a perfect match

I love what you've said about Sookie and Jackson!! They are both so sweet and gentle and in a way, so innocent!

I think they have a special sweetness. The kind of couples who give you a smile & make you feel good about life. I like the way they care about each other.. the little things are what count like in season 5 when Jackson yelled at Luke for not answering Sookie's calls or when he was hiding the magazines when Sookie was pregnant. I think that was touching, I mean no matter how crazy she is being, it doesn't matter, he just does not want to see her upset. Saying that reminds me of Richard when he yelled at Lorelai " If my wife wants the first cup of tea she will get the first cup of tea". Richard saw that whole thing silly but he didn't want to see Emily upset and so he did what he could for Emily to have what she wanted.

I think Sookie & Jackson are so simple, nice, devoting to each other. They can be a little childish, stubborn but they have a beautiful nature.

I could not have said it better myself! I agree with everything! I really like what about you said about Jackson not wanting Sookie to be upset, no matter how irrate or upset or CRAZY the idea or request or thought may be, Jackson stands behind his woman 150% with all his heart and everything he has! He'd do anything for Sookie with no questions asked. Having said that, I think Sookie really gives Jackson life to his life. By that I mean to say that I don't think Jackson really got everything he could have out of life, before he had Sookie in his life. Now, I think he gets a lot more out of life, a lot more enjoyment and seems happier!

I think the two of them really balance each other out. With Sookie raving on and on about something, Jackson will normally try to calm her own. When Jackson gets all worked about something, Sookie brings him back to earth again. They are both such light hearted, innocent, free souls that would do anything for each other and their loved ones and friends. They both share qualities that will keep them together for a lifetime! They make life fun and SO worth living! Even when they are down or having a 'bad day' they find a way to smile about things. Sookie and Jackson really give me inspiration and I wish to find a 'Jackson' one day!! Wink

Thanks for answering my posed question! *pretty sticks* to each of you! Your thoughts are wonderful!

I leave you with one more question for discussion:
Star What's your favorite Sookie/ Jackson memory, of all time? Star

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2007, 09:39:19 pm »

Mel- I agree with every thing you just said! It's fine, don't feel bad!
One thng I really like about Sookie and Jackson is that unlike Luke and Lorelai, when they both liked each other, they took a step in their relationship. They didn't wait like 4 years or anything.

Of all time, I would say when Jackson is yelling at luke for how he is acting. I thought it was nice. Also, when they steal the cart and are driving home like 5 miles per hour.

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2007, 05:58:44 pm »

Why Sookie and Jackson? What about the two of them together, makes you love them? What sets them apart from the other couples in Stars Hallow?[/color]

i'm a little behind on this, but one thing that sets Sookie & Jackson arpart from other couples in S.H. or on GG generally is that their relationship was genuinely successful. They took it all the way: dating, marriage, kids. They had their ups & downs, which is normal, but their (mostly minor) quarrels were always within the confines of a loving relationship, and that relationship was never genuinely threatened to end. They probably represented "regular working people" in the best sense more then any other couple on the show. They were devoted to each other and to their kids and kept things simple. Neither of them ever slept with a married ex or ever took a road trip to Harvard. Wink

As for Sooks' other D.S., a fave Sookie/Jackson moment, there are too many. But one i liked was when Jackson told Sookie he wanted "4 in 4", four kids in four years. What i liked was, after a misunderstanding in which Lorelai got caught in the middle, Sookie & Jackson talked to each other directly and worked it out.  Lorelai should have taken note of their actions and applied it to her own relationships.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2007, 06:28:07 pm »

I love Sookie and Jackson as a couple becuase they can both be serious, but they are so bubbly and energetic! Their personalitlies change all the time! It's always kind of exciting to see how they will act. And they are really perfect together. He supplies the veggies and she cooks them!

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
analaigilmore
Diner Regular

Community Points: 55

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2007, 05:27:55 pm »

I know right? They're the cutest couple. I love to see them with each other. And their kids are adorable.

My MySpace
Click me
*If anyone knows what kind of UGGs Rory wears please message me. I wanna know the color + type.
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2007, 01:35:29 pm »

I like how they work together (like when Jackson found all that pot growing on his farm. "We can't burn it, we'll get the whole town high!" Cheesy)  And I love how they'll get into a scuffle about the produce and they'll be shouting at the top of their lungs and two seconds later "I love you!" 

They are just great.

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
Stepharoo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2008, 07:15:26 am »

I love Sookie and Jackson, they are just the cutest and sweetest couple ever. They're so funny as well with their arguments over the most silly situations lol. Ahhhh great couple.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2008, 09:12:22 pm »

They seem to work things out well together, like Jim said, they talk directly to each other and work things out. I like that about them. I also love how they don't seem to hold grudges and can move on with their relationship. Also, how one might not agree with the other on something but they don't let that stand in their way of loving each other and accepting that person for who they are. They are a prime example of what a good couple should be like. I wonder if maybe they weren't maybe meant to be mentors to Lorelai and whoever she was courting at the time? In an unconscious sort of way. They seem like they'd be good mentors for Lorelai if she ever were to want their help with relationships, or anyone in Stars Hallow for that matter. Not to say that Sookie and Jackson are perfect in their relationship but they have a good realization of what they want in their relationship and seem to have found things that work and help it to become stronger! Smiley

I think one of my favorite Sookie/Jackson moments is when Jackson is upset that Sookie purchased produce from someone else and he's arguing about why his is better and how she could do such a thing. Then, they calm down and 'make up' telling each other that they'll see each other at home and wink in each other's direction. I can't remember exactly what they say to each other but it's one of those 'awww' moments for sure! I also love the scene where Jackson doesn't want to know about the sex of their baby and he and Rory take that stance while Sookie and Lorelai go out to the shed while Sookie unveils the sex by showing her the nursery items bought! I love that scene.

So many wonderful scenes with Sookie and Jackson...oh when they're laying in the garden to keep the zucchini warm - love it! Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: