Mia / Elizabeth Franz and Kathy Baker Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 06:11:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Mia / Elizabeth Franz and Kathy Baker Appreciation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Mia / Elizabeth Franz and Kathy Baker Appreciation  (Read 20641 times)
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 02:52:58 pm »

I'm sorry, but... who's Mia?
I know that Lorelai's old bed was hers, but nothing else.

Mia owned the Independance Inn-the Inn Lorelai managed at the beginning of the series. She was like a second mother to Lorelai when Lorelai ran away with Rory from her parents when Rory was a baby. She gave Lorelai a job and a place to live and took them in.

I actually knew that, but I mean, have we ever seen her? In which episodes?

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Kitty
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 03:51:59 pm »

I'm sorry, but... who's Mia?
I know that Lorelai's old bed was hers, but nothing else.

Mia owned the Independance Inn-the Inn Lorelai managed at the beginning of the series. She was like a second mother to Lorelai when Lorelai ran away with Rory from her parents when Rory was a baby. She gave Lorelai a job and a place to live and took them in.

I actually knew that, but I mean, have we ever seen her? In which episodes?

We saw her in 2.08...and as far as I know that is all we have seen of her...

Here is a section from this site's episode guide from that show:

Over at the Independence Inn, the mysterious owner arrives for a visit. Her name is Mia, and both Lorelai and Rory are pleased as to see her. And of course, Michel is his usual insulting self. The three girls head to Luke's, where he and Mia have a nice little reunion as well. Seems everyone just loves Mia, who now lives in Santa Barbara, California and hates it because it's sunny all the time. They all chat for a while and Mia spills the beans on Luke in his younger days when he used to skateboard and wore a Star Trek t-shirt every day for a year. Lorelai loves this ammunition and declares that she'll need a three-month vacation from work because she needs the time to laugh her butt off.

That night, Lorelai, Rory, Luke and Mia head to the town meeting.

After the meeting, Rory goes off to smooch with Dean while Lorelai finally comes clean about her intentions to buy her own inn, even though she doesn't really have an actual inn to buy right now. Mia thinks it's a fabulous idea. In fact, she's wanted to sell the Independence for a long time but worried about putting Sookie and Lorelai out of their jobs.

RORY: Mom?
LORELAI: Follow the Post-It's.
RORY: Does our life seem at all ridiculous to you?
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 04:22:30 pm »

Thanks Kitty (pretty stick for you  Wink) So I definetly haven't seen the episode.

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 04:26:21 pm »

So what are the theorys about what happened to Mia. I mean I wouldn't think she would just up and leave so what happened to her?

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 05:19:23 pm »

I just have to wonder..if Mia was such a huge part of Lorelai's and Rory's beginning..why has she only been on the show once?? It doesnt make much sence to me..

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
Kitty
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 06:09:08 pm »

I think Mia was the transition for Lorelai living under her parent's roof to becoming self sufficient.  I would guess she was an explaination of a period of time after Lorelai left her parent's house to when Lorelai reconnected with her parents in a bigger way when she needed money for Chilton for Rory. 

RORY: Mom?
LORELAI: Follow the Post-It's.
RORY: Does our life seem at all ridiculous to you?
Gross123987
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 06:18:16 pm »

I am a big Mia fan as well.     I was disappointed that she did not come back when the Inn had the fire (she sent her son).    I remember how excited everyone was to see her when she visited (even people who don't usually get excited like Michel and Luke were very happy to see her)

Paris: "Madeline and Louise do it"
Rory: "Madeline and Louise wear their underwear on the outside, I don't want to do what Madeline and Louise do!"
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 07:56:40 pm »

Mia was great the one episode she was in. her connection with the characters made me feel as though she had been on many times before. i loved how she said she couldn't understand michel and the one time she did she was all excited...lol it was cute. i also wonder why they never brought mia back. she would have been a great addition to a few epsiodes.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
roxygal7
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 09:30:51 pm »

I love Mia, and it wouldve been awesome to see her more.. But like it was said earlier..her character embodied transition..and I think she served her part well, and was a great influence on Lorelai, but I do wish we could see her more.

Lorelai: "I'm exhausted, the phones far. Make it short and sweet!"

Im an official Middy!
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:35 am »

Yea. I like Mia but don't think that we will be seeing her much, if at all anymore...she was part of the Independence Inn and since that's gone there's really no reason to bring her on. But, she should come back for the last episode...that would be so cool. Interesting thought...I feel smart!!

-jillian
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 12:03:08 pm »

Yea. I like Mia but don't think that we will be seeing her much, if at all anymore...she was part of the Independence Inn and since that's gone there's really no reason to bring her on. But, she should come back for the last episode...that would be so cool. Interesting thought...I feel smart!!

-jillian

I disagree a little. I mean yeah Mia was apart of the Independence Inn but she is more than just an owner of an Inn that Lorelai used to work at. She gave Lorelai a place and a chance when no one else would. It would be nice is she came back to see the Dragon Fly and see what her inpiration did for Sookie and Lorelai. I think she would be so happy and proud of what they have done.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 12:53:19 pm »

i would like to see mia again and yes i agree she would be so proud of lorelai and sookie and michel!
mia was really nice i thought it was really emotional when emily met her in season2 and it was very awkward.

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 02:01:35 pm »

Yeah, because Mia was like Lorelai's mom.  She gave her guidance and a home and job, which Emily is Lorelai's actual mom. Though Lorelai got along with Mia a lot more.  I haven't seen the episode since this summer, but if I do recall, Emily wasn't all the nice to her.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Rory_Gilmore
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 38

gilmore girls= my anti drug

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 09:02:14 am »

emily wasn't nice to her at all, which is heartbreaking. if your kid ever runs away, i would assume you'd want someone like mia to find her. cuz mia is awsome!! she gave lorelai a chance, something her own mother wouldn't do. and i wish she would come back. especially for the LL wedding. it would be so awsome!!
 * Pretty sticks to Mia!*  Cheesy

JJ-FAITH;BBB;Foodie;Flyswatter; rory
*Max*

speech/tennis
Carmicone
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 03:39:52 pm »

I would really love to see Mia again, she may visit the Dragonfly to see how great it turned out, I'm really sad she only appeared in one episode in the second season so a lot of people doesn't remember her.
I truly believe she was like a guardian angel for Lorelai, because as other people have said, who knows what had she done if she doesn't find Mia.
Maybe she would return for the Series Finale! Like a big reunion or something

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: