6.14 - You've Been Gilmored
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 09:02:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109443 Members
Latest Member: AMillingt

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.14 - You've Been Gilmored
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: 6.14 - You've Been Gilmored  (Read 37201 times)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 07:10:18 pm »

I thought Michel was so cute!  When he started sadly recounting their tradition I literally said "awwwwwww!" outloud.  So adorable.
At first, I thought he was talking about Parker, not Lorelai when he started in on the meeting at Weston's.

It's stupid that Rory and Logan are moving in together.  Way to early (if it should ever happen, ick).  I know they were dating before, but they just got back together.

Somehow I got the feeling that we were supposed to think more time had passed and that they had been back together longer than it seemed.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 07:35:22 pm »

I thought Michel was so cute!  When he started sadly recounting their tradition I literally said "awwwwwww!" outloud.  So adorable.
At first, I thought he was talking about Parker, not Lorelai when he started in on the meeting at Weston's.

Me too!  But either way I thought he was so cute.  It definitely was cuter when I thought it was Parker (and made his earlier outbursts more understandable, but oh well) but still.

It's stupid that Rory and Logan are moving in together.  Way to early (if it should ever happen, ick).  I know they were dating before, but they just got back together.

Somehow I got the feeling that we were supposed to think more time had passed and that they had been back together longer than it seemed.

Hmmm for a minute I was going to disagree with you, but then as I started to layout my proof I saw my flaw.  I was GOING to say "how much time could they have left between outing Paris and picking a new editor?" because for some reason I thought they outed Paris last episode for a split second.  So the time lapse was between the paper-that-almost-didn't-happen and the board meeting.  Got it.

I still don't think enough time had passed.  I mean Luke and Lorelai haven't officially moved in together.  Dave and I didn't officially move in together until about 2.5 years into our relationship (we lived like L&L, we each had our own place but we pretty much always spent nights in the same place, whichever one that may be).  Rory and Logan didn't start going out until a little less than a year ago.  Even if you take into account the whole time they've known each other (1.5 years) now that has to compare with my 3 years with Dave (yes, I have dubbed myself a benchmark).  Are they really ready to deal with sharing expenses, groceries, cleaning, that kind of thing?  Those things stress a relationship if you aren't ready for it.  Yes yes, Logan probably has a maid who doesn the cleaning and butler who does the shopping, but still.  That situation, Logan's family paying for everything and Rory not having to chip in, would still stess the relationship (trust me, the dynamics are not always pretty).

Besides, didn't Rory leave her g-rents to get away from the pampered life?  I don't get it.  When Rory explained things to her dad, right after she said Paris kicked her out, I don't remember her saying this would just be temporary until she found a new place.  Did she?  So does she think it's temporary or not?

I didn't see the promos (but heard about them on the last thread... grrrrr) but yes, EPG (Evil Promo Guy) has indeed sold his soul to the devil a long time ago, which is exactly why I have reverted to being a Pree again.  You should see the things I do when the remote isn't near me so that I don't see or hear, while I'm begging Dave to turn it off Smiley  It's tricky when you were eating pizza with your hands seconds before the promo comes on!

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
unionroxs
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Thank God for Tuesday Nights!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 07:46:05 pm »

I agree this episode was better than last weeks but it's nothing really special...I can't wait for next weeks Valentine's episode!!! Supposedly Luke is going to forget to get Lorelai a gift but Logan apparently saves the day!! Can't Wait! 

nikki

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 08:07:13 pm »

Please DO NOT discuss the previews for the next episode here since they are sort of like spoilers to some people.  To discuss preview information from a promo, please go the Assorted Previews thread, found here.  This method has been going on for about 3 months now, so please join us Smiley

Remember, no spoilers, either here or in the Preview thread.  For spoilers, please go to the Spoiler board, found here.

If you missed the episode and want to find someone who can help you get a copy of it, please go to the Tape Trading thread, found here.  Or if you would like a summary, TwoP writes a detailed summary/commentary about a week after the episode airs in the US.

Thanks!

To unionroxs and everyone else who wants to discuss the promo for the next episode, please notice the post I am referencing above.  I didn't make it up, this really is the way Beth, the local mod, set things up.  Please respect those who do not like to be spoiled by the Promo.  Please delete Promo info from your posts.

Thanks much!

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 08:10:35 pm »

Okay, here are my thoughts on this episode:

#1. The "I LOVE SHRIMP!" line from Richard was hilarious!  Grin It reminded me of that SNL skit with Will Ferrell and Ana Gasteyer from back in the day.

#2. Emily and Richard buying a stretch of highway?  Huh What's next? Are they going to hire a chain gang to clean up trash on this highway? (We wouldn't want the "Gilmore Highway" to look bad now would we?)

#3. I want Yale sweats! So cute! I'll have to look into that...

#4. Nice multi-tasking by Lorelai when she cooked the tater tots ON TOP of the frozen pizzas.  Wink

#5. Did Lorelai get a new couch? I must have missed that somewhere...

#6. Best pop culture reference of the episode had to be when Paris said "Good night, and good luck." Absolutely classic.

#7. I SO want Lorelai's old-fashioned bathtub with the claw feet! I'm so jealous!  Shocked

#8. Grand Ole Opry reference - was a little offended by this one. I live near Nashville, and even though I don't particularly LOVE all country music. There are some pretty great country musicians: Johnny Cash - need I say more?

#9. The whole Lorelai not being truthful to Luke when he asked why Emily mentioned the June 3rd date is REALLY REALLY going to come back and bite her in the butt and blow up in her face. Trust me - I have a feeling about this one.

#10. My last point: WHAT IN THE WORLD IS AN ONION BRICK?Huh Sounds disgusting.  Tongue

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
knitnpurl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 10:00:23 pm »

Have you heard of the 'bloomin' onion' served at Outback? It's probably like that, deep fried onions only in brick form. The bloomin' onion sounds and looks more appetizer appealing. It tastes really good, have to be careful not to eat too much.
lilrabbitangel14
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 31

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 10:27:11 pm »

okay this episode was...uhh okay i guess. I wasnt like jumping up and down cause its so good, but it didnt bore me to sleep. I was a bit suprise that Lorelai suggested that Rory show Chris around. That was not how i pictured the situation was gonna be set up. The beginning was the best part of the whole episode. I love the interaction between the gilmore family, maybe its cuz we didnt have any this season cept last episode. I love and hate how Emily and Richard pushed Lorelai about the wedding. I mean its something there character would do, but i still hate how they did it. Its more like forcing than inviting.

Rory moving in with Logan....hmm. I remember Rory saying in episode 12? i think, when she show Lorelai her house, didnt she say something like. This is how i am suppose to live, in run down places, and noisy negihbor instead of being waited by a maid? I like that Rory who said that...living with Logan is almost the same thing as living in the pool house. I mean Logan is gonna want to know where she goes and whoever she bring home and all that crap. I just think its too soon. Ah...Rory becoming editor...does miss perfect havto be good at everything? Cant someone else be editor? i mean sure they want to make Rory the star of the paper and all that, but life in reality is not that easy.

Chris calling Lorelai...hate it hate it hate it. and yes i wholeheartly agree with whoever that hates Chris hair..he looks bold.  Angry

Emily: What kind of mother are you to allow this to happen to her?
Lorelai: Oh, I dont know, Mom. What kind of mother were you?

java junkies <33 Lauren graham
Lapis Lazuli

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 11:16:15 pm »

I think we were supposed to think Rory and Logan have been back together for longer than it feels, or else this is just way too soon. It feels like they're rushing things. Two things actually: 1) I'm not particularly happy with the move. I'd like to have a little bit longer to start liking Logan again (his 11th hour helping with the paper just wasn't enough).  And 2) Rory becoming editor of the Yale Daily News. It felt like that should've happened last episode, and it was a fait accompli she was going to be, so they basically wasted time as they all patted Rory on the back and made her editor. That's just how I feel.

I smiled and chuckled when Luke and Lorelai left Emily & Richard's, that felt really warm. So all in all a good episode, however rushed. Hopefully this is leading somewhere...  Huh
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 01:00:21 am »

Rory moving in with Logan....hmm. I remember Rory saying in episode 12? i think, when she show Lorelai her house, didnt she say something like. This is how i am suppose to live, in run down places, and noisy negihbor instead of being waited by a maid? I like that Rory who said that...living with Logan is almost the same thing as living in the pool house. I mean Logan is gonna want to know where she goes and whoever she bring home and all that crap.

Well, this was done for convience sake.  I mean, she had just been kicked out of where she was staying.  And, I can't imagine Logan grilling her about who she brings home for the simple fact that she probably won't be bringing anyone home.  I mean, the only person that she could bring home to get that kind of grilling from anyone would be a boyfriend, and since that's who she's living with, there's no one to grill about.  And, while I'm sure there was probably another solution that wasn't considered for the sake of the plot, I don't think living with Logan does mean the same thing as living in the pool house.  There is only one Emily Gilmore.  Plus, just because she's living there doesn't mean she has to do the same things that she did when she was in the pool house. She doesn't have to be waited on by a maid, even if Logan has one. 

Ah...Rory becoming editor...does miss perfect havto be good at everything? Cant someone else be editor? i mean sure they want to make Rory the star of the paper and all that, but life in reality is not that easy.

True.  I'm not sure which scenario I like least.  Did they make Rory editor because they feel she has to be good at everything, or was it just some convoluted way to give her a reason to move in with Logan?  I mean, it seems almost like they had to manufacture a reason for her to move in with Logan.  And, I'm sorry, but this idea that Rory wouldn't think of living with a guy unless she had nowhere else to go kind of doesn't ring true considering that while she was staying at the pool house, she was spending at least 3 nights a week sleeping at his house.  It may be too soon, she and Logan might not have considered all the issues, but I think it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to decide to live together without the extenuating circumstances. 
and yes i wholeheartly agree with whoever that hates Chris hair

That would be me.  *weeps*

Milolover2
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

because it is what it is...you...me

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:21 am »

I liked the episode...granted I wasnt jumping off the couch with pure glee at any one moment, but it had its charms. I feel bad for Lorelai...her parents force her to build these walls up and usually they end up screwing with Luke and her relationship. June 3rd...no biggie? What happened to the honesty clause they were going for? Be straight up with your folks, bc it never stopped her before and be striaght up with Luke, you're marrying the guy for heavens sake!!!!

Rory being editor....saw that one coming long ago. Predicted it the minute Paris told her she was editor that somehow Paris would screw up and Rory would get the part. Didn't throw us there, ASP.

Rory and Logan moving in together? First of all YUCK! Second of all what happened to the Rory from a couple episodes that said struggling was a part of college life and it was good for her to not have a maid 24/7? I guess she was side swiped by Logans plasma tv.....I dont know I dont have very nice things to say about those two and I dont even feel like getting into how much i despise Rory when she is with him.....

Gilmore dinner with luke? Very Funny....I liked the way they "initiated" him into the family...worrying if they were all going to go under bc of the marriage and stuff. Very Richard and Emily. They always have to throw their own twist into things....

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
JESS: I love you.

" It's not necessarily about the way someone looks. It's what's going on within a person's heart and mind."--Milo Ventimiglia
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 10:28:37 am »

Okay, I watched the scene where Rory called Logan, just to get it straight.  First, Rory didn't just up and decide to quit the struggling life and go take it easy at Logan's.  She didn't have another place to go.  She had been looking for another place.  She called Logan to rant about there not being any singles or any decent apartments (and her benchmark for decent wasn't too high, since she was using the apartment that she stayed at with Paris as a guide) off campus.  So, she had very limited options at that point.  Logan offered her a place.  Big step moving in together?  Yes, which Rory acknowledged.  But, most expedient solution to not having any place to stay.  Her reasons for agreeing weren't because her values had changed.  They were the fact that first of all, it was a place to stay, second she knows Logan and like he said, she spends enough time there anyway to already have two drawers set aside for just her stuff. Those reasons still might not be enough to consider when you're moving in with your boyfriend, but I don't think it was the plasma tv, or the desire to have a maid that made her decide to take him up on his offer. 

And, I think Lorelai's explanation to Rory about why she said June 3rd made sense.  Take Sookie's initial reaction.  Increase volume and intensity by 10.  Then, increase length by 20.  That's how Emily would react to hearing the wedding had been postponed.  They would have blamed Lorelai and cast aspersions on her ability to keep a man.  Then, there would have been the "I told you so" portion.  Plus, I think Lorelai was just flustered by the pre-grilling that had happened before. 

pickynikki91
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

i <3 Tuesdays

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 10:46:00 am »

Okay, I watched the scene where Rory called Logan, just to get it straight. First, Rory didn't just up and decide to quit the struggling life and go take it easy at Logan's. She didn't have another place to go. She had been looking for another place. She called Logan to rant about there not being any singles or any decent apartments (and her benchmark for decent wasn't too high, since she was using the apartment that she stayed at with Paris as a guide) off campus. So, she had very limited options at that point. Logan offered her a place. Big step moving in together? Yes, which Rory acknowledged. But, most expedient solution to not having any place to stay. Her reasons for agreeing weren't because her values had changed. They were the fact that first of all, it was a place to stay, second she knows Logan and like he said, she spends enough time there anyway to already have two drawers set aside for just her stuff. Those reasons still might not be enough to consider when you're moving in with your boyfriend, but I don't think it was the plasma tv, or the desire to have a maid that made her decide to take him up on his offer. 

That is really smart I have been trying to figure out how this happened but your're right she didn't have a place to go (well maybe a trash can...) and this arrangement would definetly sound more confortable (living with logan i meen) than living with someone she doesn't know in a worse apartment than Paris and Doyles

Cupcake
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 10:55:14 am »

I don't really know what to think of last night's episode. I would describe it as average... Of course, it had funny elements but compared to last week's episode it was a lot less exciting. On the other hand, it is only understandable that not every episode can be as good as the last one.

Considering their last meeting I was really surprised about Chris and Logan getting along! a handshake and everything is okay again? I really didn't see that coming, but well...
But what about Chris' hair? Wow, that was a shock! I hope he returns to his origins Wink! The longer hair worked so much better for him... that's my opinion, however.

The dinner at the Gilmore's was pretty awkward. But if it's really like Lorelai said and Emily and Richard finally start to except them as a couple I'll be more than glad.

Greetings Wink
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 11:05:27 am »

Considering their last meeting I was really surprised about Chris and Logan getting along! a handshake and everything is okay again? I really didn't see that coming, but well...

Well, first, he just didn't want to cause a scene for Rory's sake.  And, it was under better circumstances.  He had at least a little warning that she was living with Logan.  Okay, split second, but that was better than the no warning he got when he caught them making out.  And, there was no misunderstanding that Logan was taking advantage of his "pure as the driven snow" daughter.  Plus, it seems like nothing creates a bond like tales of shared expulsions during the high school years.

The longer hair worked so much better for him... that's my opinion, however.

No, it's a fact.  I think it's written somewhere in the encyclopedia.

pickynikki91
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

i <3 Tuesdays

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 11:27:43 am »

I was just thinking and does anyone else see this as Paris' out? It's clear she has a grudge against Rory and the only other scenario I can see is revenge, like a whole bunch of "I'm out to get you" gags and stuff from Paris. I just don't see how this is going to be resoloved.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: