6.13 - Friday Night's Alright for Fighting
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 01:24:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 99439 Members
Latest Member: FHsxSHijro

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.13 - Friday Night's Alright for Fighting
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: 6.13 - Friday Night's Alright for Fighting  (Read 37633 times)
basalb
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2007, 08:45:32 am »

Question:  In this episode, what is the Hallow Reigns (sp?) reference.  I always enjoy the pop culture references in Gilmore Girls, but don't have a clue what this one is.  Can someone please help?
coffee_cake_7
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2007, 08:48:37 am »

This is possibly one of my favorite episodes from this seasons, after We've got Magic to do. We see a new side to Logan, and an old side of the Gilmores.

Logan is normally arrogant, but I think this episode was a turning point in his growing up. Not growing up exactly, because he will always be immature and that will never change, but he realized that Rory really liked him and that he could win her heart. He saved the day like a hot, blonde superhero.

The Gilmores. We always see them fighting, but this episode made every other fight look like a misunderstanding. It was like they had never said anything before and everything was bottled up. I loved the camera angles, too. It gave the scene with the classic arguments a new perspective. If the camera angles and cuts and stops weren't there, we'd be sitting there saying, "yeah, yeah, we've heard it before." It gave it a facelift.

The Best Kirk Moments!!

-Cat-Kirk
-'Hay There'
-"I think you are the prettiest woman I've ever seen. Outside a really filthy magazine, I mean."
-"I can't think of how many times I've stood around with a nut thinking, 'if only I had a way to crack this'.
-"Was the tuna inquiry too personal?"
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2007, 12:57:10 pm »

the mother of Friday night dinner
homegrown_bliss
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2007, 04:57:11 am »

hahahaha this is my favorite Friday night dinner of all time.. I just love how they exhausted themselves fighting. classic

*-_anne_-*
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2007, 08:03:32 pm »

I loved the dinner scene. They finally aired their dirty laundry with eachother. Probably the best fight in the entire show, just how it was shot and how it was cut. I loved how they cut to the dessert part and then how they were all laughing on the couch about what Emily said to logan's mum... and I laughed my ass off at the end how they came outside and lorelai's hair was all messed like they had just been through a boxing match or something.  Roll Eyes

*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2007, 12:00:12 am »

I think this one is my favorite one from season 6.that was so funny.I loved how rory and lorelai got out from the house.like they got hit by a train or something lol.

roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2008, 01:48:28 pm »

I just watched this episode again, and I have many thoughts.

I've always wondered about moms and daughters drinking alcohol together.  When Lane's mom wanted to drink with her, I wondered once again if it's normal.  I personally do not drink, ever, for any reason, and think it's irresponsible to do so with your children.  But is that weird to the rest of the world?  I mean, is it common for parents to drink with their children?  Not to be alcoholics together, just once in a while like on this show.  I don't really know.

I was thinking that Lorelai should tell Luke how she really feels about him keeping his life with April separate from her.  I don't think it's a good idea for him to do that, if he's serious about marrying Lorelai.  But then he said he is glad she "understands" about how they need their privacy.  So on the other hand, I can see why she didn't tell him in this episode.

It' s interesting how Lorelai always hates when Rory and her Grandparents are "fighting", but it's okay for her to fight with them.  I didn't remember that story Lorelai told about how she didn't go to that one party a while back and how it has affected their relationship, even years later.  Usually their poor relationship is blamed on how they interacted during Lorelai's childhood.  It's nice to hear Lorelai admit some responsibility in their relationship continuing to be dysfunctional.  Speaking of which, the most entertaining dinner scene EVER at the Gilmore's.  It was so unlike Lorelai, imo, to insist on working out all their issues.  Wait, I take that back.  She often wants to work on their issues, it's Emily that resists doing so, and Lorelai gives up.  But not this time.  It WAS a great fight.  Great fights work out issues, plus it's funny funny funny!!  I like how the camera is spinning around when they're at the dinner table.  Good points brought up by all, although not in the most appropriate manner.  Emily about it being okay when Lorelai is in "cahoots with Christopher", but not okay when Emily does it.  Except, on the other hand, I don't think Richard and Emily necessarily need to have such a relationship with Christopher.  Also good points by Emily about Rory, then Lorelai making good points back.  Richard's little tidbits of wisdom: "Anger is a useless emotion, Lorelai.  A waste of time."  I used to think that, but now I think it's only sometimes true.  The useless part is letting it build up inside.  Anyway, I was also excited when I saw the blooper--Rory putting her margarita glass down twice.

Rory does SUCH a great job at the paper.  She shouldn't be so surprised in the next episode when they vote her editor.    Speaking of the paper, on to Logan.  He told Rory that he is interested in helping at the paper.  Of course, we know that he is actually just interested in Rory.  Of course, he doesn't really try to hide that fact when he jokes about Rory giving him a massage later.  But Rory actually seems to believe him about caring about the paper, at least at this point.  Maybe just because she wants to believe him.  Anyway, Logan's help brings me to the point about using his status to make things better.  In the episode when Jess comes back, he points out that they used to make fun of people like him.  He reminds her that she used to hate it when people like that used their status to get things (or was it Lorelai who said that in an earlier episode?).  Which is what Logan does in this episode, when he is talking to the Russell Smith character to get the paper printed.  She WAS busy and thinking about other things, but the high school Rory would never have been ok with that.  Ok fine, people are different when they grow up.  Blah blah blah...Oh yeah, and one more thing.  I thought in the episode Bridesmades Revisited, Rory tells Logan she thought they were just having a break.  But in this episode she clearly states that they have broken up, in the first scene when she gets to the paper.

The end of my longest post yet.  Thank you for reading.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2008, 03:10:53 pm »

Classic episode.  I love the camera work during the arguing at the Friday Night Dinner... wow...

That's must've been intense.  I love Emily talking about her diss at Shira Huntzberger and Lorelai's reaction.  That must've been one hell of a FND... I think if Luke/Lorelai did get married and he brought along his family... T.J. would've said "Man, I love Friday Night Dinner!" in all of its chaos.

Rory definitely stepped up to take over the paper from the crazed Paris with help from Logan, who did a great job himself.

Luke... I know he wants to spend time with his daughter by himself.  Yet, he's at fault for not letting Lorelai be involved more. 
benboy606
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2008, 12:25:10 pm »

Loved this episode! One of the top episodes of the series! Great stuff!

I've seen a lot of people not liking the fight scene, but really, the directing is fantastic, as are the new camera cuts, and even if you don't like that scene, that was only on for about five minutes out of 43! I loved Lorleil's sadness over April and the scene where the whole town is looking through the window! :lol: Also, Paris going crazy as the editor and Rory/Logan saving the day was awesome! "And that's how we do it at the Yale Daily NEWS!!!!"

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2009, 12:58:10 pm »

That Friday Night Dinner...WHOA!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: