6.13 - Friday Night's Alright for Fighting
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 11:07:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109540 Members
Latest Member: isabellabrown

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.13 - Friday Night's Alright for Fighting
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: 6.13 - Friday Night's Alright for Fighting  (Read 38516 times)
GGFan13
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Java Junkies

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2006, 06:44:26 pm »

this episode was so funny

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dfre333g
!!!!Everybody Please sign to help have the show picked up for a season 8!!!
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2006, 09:52:13 am »

This epi was definatley one of my favorites so far!
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2006, 09:52:40 am »

This eppy was so funny in the arguing part! One min they are all mad and fighting, then they are happy and having a lovely chat, and then they are fighting again! lol! I liked how the camera moved. I know that sounds weird, but I thought it gave a whole new effect to the scene.
i know exactly what you mean...i am in complete agreement with you.

Logan helping Rory get the paper out was sooo sweet. it was funny when he was talking to the printing guy and he said he was Logan Huntzberger and the next thing he says is something like, yeah those Huntzbergers. it was cute how he kept the guy on the phone so Rory could finish the layout. I don't think he did all that to try to get on Rory's good side, although in my book he gained a couple of brownie points. I think he did it because he really cares for Rory, and he would do anything for her. Then the whole dinner he had ready was sweet and thoughtful. that episode made me an even bigger logan fan.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2006, 09:49:46 am »

This was my favorite episdoe of the season!!! amazing! lol.
LovinLauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Tyra & Beyonce

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2006, 06:30:09 am »

Yeah I loved this episode, spesh the last 10 mins and the camera moving and it showing them all arguing then laughing and so on. I totally loved it. I hope more of thats done in future episodes it just brought so much more realism to the episode haha Cheesy

**woo hoo Beyonce concert in June**
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2006, 10:26:29 am »

This episode was great!!! It was typical Gilmore humor! I think that this episode is one of the few times that I see all four Gilmores laughing after a huge fight!

It was so cute the way Logan helped Rory get the paper out on time - he is definately my favorite boyfirend! Smiley

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
mhmm
Town Resident

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2006, 07:40:14 pm »

I haven't read all of this thread, but this episode was on tonight on ABC Family...

I had a question about the episode when it first aired, but never found out the answer and sorry if someone has asked this already.  Anyway, about my question, when Lorelai meets Sookie at the flower shop, they both have a green strip of tape or something on them (Lorelai has one on her coat/vest whatever she's wearing and Sookie has it on her scarf I believe).  Does anyone know if there is any signifcance to the green tape, or what?  Thanks in advance!
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2006, 08:50:50 pm »

I absoulutley loved this episode!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed so hard when they all went into different rooms and started fighting! LOL. Can u say family drama series right up there next to 7th Heaven?!?!?!? LOL. I LOVE THAT EPPY SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2006, 06:37:11 am »

i didnt understand anyth from this episode...i mean the parts at emily and richard's house.....i mean they're cool and talking and the next they're fighting....whats goin on???.....oh and logan was so cute when he was helpin rory...i never knew he could do so much...i guess hes jst lazy...Tongue...anyway..i kinda enjoyed this episode...so...hope u liked it too....

zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

SUNY Fredonia Class of 2014!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2006, 07:31:13 pm »

this is totally one of my fave episodes!

LORELAI: The Huntzbergers told her she wasn't good enough and Mitchum told her she didn't have it! [Mimicking Richard] He what? [Back to herself] Yes! And now she's dropped out of Yale but between the three of us we can knock some sense into her! [Mimicking Emily] Of course we'll help you! This is not happening! [Richard] I'll call Charlie Davenport tomorrow! [Herself] Thank you, guys, so much! Just thank you! And scene! [She bangs the table impatiently.]

i laughed so hard...

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
Butch Walker
Honor Society
Lonely Island
GG_no.1_Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2007, 02:50:08 am »

I think this ep was so wierd how the fighting scene kept jumping from different parts of the evening i thought it was sooo wierd But Good

Beautiful Sig made by skftex

LiTeRaTi AnD JaVa jUnKiE FoR LiFe!!!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2007, 08:08:30 pm »

youve gotta love this epsode!! How amazing was Logan in this episode?!?!

And the dinner... ohmygod... the best Friday night dinner ever!!!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2007, 05:41:28 pm »

Yeah it was so hilarious! The way they just kept bringing up everything and hashing it out! ahaha

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2007, 08:44:43 pm »

This was, IMO, a horrible episode.  Well, I actually loved it up to the end.  The fighting scenes left a "bad taste" in my mouth, if you know what I mean.  The first dinner scene made it look like Lorelai was filming it, badly.  The rest was just crap.  I don't even remember much of what else in this episode happened.  The end was so different and just, complete junk.  It was not good, that did not seem in the least bit like Gilmore Girls. At first I thought my disk was messed up, because one minute it seemed normal Gilmore Girls and the next is this weird imposter show.  I don't even want to remember it.  It was so random and horrible.  When I watch this episode, I have to skip the end in order for me not to hate this one.

The paper part was funny...but Rory got back with Logan.   Tongue

Add: It also bothered me how Lorelai was thanking Richard for Chilton and talking about how if Rory wouldn't have gone to Chilton, she wouldn'tve gone to Yale.  I go to a public high school like Stars Hollow High and graduates from it have gone on to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, UPenn, etc.  You don't need a fancy education to get to Ivy League Schools...and it bothered me she assumed that Rory wouldn't have gotten anywhere in life had she not gone to Chilton.  Yes, I'm sure Chilton helped, a lot, but she could've still been accepted. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 04:34:22 pm by violaplayer1234 » Logged

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2007, 07:47:37 pm »

Apparently, we see Rory getting back with Logan very differently, but I totally agree with your first paragraph.  That fight was just terrible.  It pulled me right out of the story.  I can take hating what a character does, being angry within the context of the show.  I hate watching a show and spending the time wondering why they chose to direct it this way, to splice scenes that way (I haven't watched the fight since, so I don't remember exactly what happened, just that it was bad) and stuff that I shouldn't think about.  Not unless I'm a film major or someone interested in the behind the scenes stuff.  Which I'm not, and it should be invisible to someone like me.  It wasn't invisible.  It was screaming, "Look at me!"

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: